United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Get it done and then let’s start selling some players, for the love of Christ.

Mount and Onana in should see Henderson and Fred out. £40-£50m added to the budget. Go get Spotty Rasmus and then shift a couple more.

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:33 PM
guerreiro

Why do inter want sell him? Sounds like they’re ushering him out of the door

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:39 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
He’s back on the gear, Serie A much stricter testing than the Premier League so he should be fine

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:39 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Because they'll make almost as much net on Onana, a keeper, as Milan did on Tonali, Italy's record-costing midfielder.

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/stretfordpaddck/...spK8o-N_pJcmYw

Hurry up and get Henderson out the door then
nobody knows what the £#%&! is going on shocker

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:49 PM
Neo

Exclamation

#mufc's first official offer for André Onana is expected in the late evening. Inter's agents hope it will be in line with the requests of €50m plus bonuses so that it will then be accepted.

Are these guys not aware of how Manchester United approach transfers?

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 01-07-2023, 01:42 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
I’m not at all convinced Onana is the answer here. Who gets in an argument with coaches and sent home from the World Cup.

Unread 01-07-2023, 01:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks
I’m not at all convinced Onana is the answer here. Who gets in an argument with coaches and sent home from the World Cup.
From that perspective ETH has already managed him. So he will know his personality so it shouldn’t be a problem .

Unread 01-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Despite our shortcomings the past decade or so and at the risk of being arrogant. I think we are part of maybe 4 elite super clubs in the world with pull , fan following , size. Inter are a massive club. But I think our reach and size of our club fits with Barca, Madrid and Bayern.

The Italian top teams are big clubs make no mistake , but we are the most famous club (or atleast along side the three above) in the world . Here the keeper makes a mistake for United and parliament will be talking about it .

Just have to look at how the other British clubs gets away with things . Imagine a United keeper failed to be subbed like the Chelsea one did a few years back. The medial backlash and hate would have been higher

There’s a reason over the last few years the inter team read like a Man Utd B team
You have made some great points, all of them are bang-on

Unread 01-07-2023, 06:31 PM
The taste of...

Quote:

Unread 01-07-2023, 11:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Seems like a racist comment. I have to report it.

Unread 02-07-2023, 12:09 AM
armchair

Dave has kept us in so many games with our shite defence but he's also contributed to that shite defence.

Seeing as we are writing off next season as a failure anyway, I say let's install a comedy keeper

Unread 02-07-2023, 02:43 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Dave has kept us in so many games with our shite defence but he's also contributed to that shite defence.

Seeing as we are writing off next season as a failure anyway, I say let's install a comedy keeper
exactly what i was getting at.

yes ddg was abit shit with the all at his feet, he kept us in games with his shot stopping.

this keeper on the other hand will leave the goal unmanned a few times and make erractic decisions that will cost us.

It’s a tough one.

I’d rather we just buy some goalscorers first and then see if we haven’t anything left for a keeper

Unread 02-07-2023, 05:36 AM
Stickman

De Geas not only shit with the ball at his feet he’s shit when it’s crossed into catchable areas. He has no command over his area whatsoever.

New keeper will maybe do the odd Barthez but sticking with Dave would be way worse imo.

Unread 02-07-2023, 06:07 AM
redhegemony

He has been a fabulous player for us over a long period and pulled off some astonishing saves but it's time for a change.

Watching the team close up (and my seat is very very close) you can see the different body language and confidence. We now have a group of players: Martinez, Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford, Antony and Garnacho who are not just very talented but players who are confident in their own ability and the team.

The difference around the penalty area when Maguire plays is palpable and DDG has become part of that problem.

We need the level of self confidence/arrogance that has characterised great United players and teams. Front foot players who relish the challenge and the glare of being a United player.

Too many shrinking violets like Martial and Sncho.

Having a goalkeeper with self belief is vital.

Unread 02-07-2023, 09:31 AM
armchair

I think he's good for a couple of red cards too. We give teams so many chances.

So many games we won where we could've been 3-0 down except for Dave.

Unread 03-07-2023, 05:04 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
nobody knows what the £#%&! is going on shocker
Their's a surprise(not), to say it is embaressing regarding all of the confushion & #@&%!-up's & back-tracking going-on behind the scenes, would be an enormous understatment!

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:20 PM
Vedder

Unread 03-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Dr Stranger