United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:34 PM
denis lawless

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

this thread has certainly seperated the tactically aware men from the ball juggling, Harlem Globetrotteresque boys

Sloppy

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Sandman

What a £#%&!ing bore that was, almost as dull as watching Barca.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Spain are playing Spain

I've never known 2 more undeserving sides get to a world cup final. It's like £#%&!ing greece winning the euro this.

'A joy to watch'? Please, show me the tape of the game you were watching because the one I saw didn't involve any joy whatsoever. Spain are the international equivalent of £#%&!ing Arsenal.
There were some superb performances tonight by the aforementioned players, try watching the game instead of posting shit on here.

£#%&!ing idiots.

Boring comparison between Arsenal and any passing side, Spain got through a lot today due to 2 or 3 super individual performances of the aforementioned. Not easy to get through Germany, even if they only had two people in the centre of midfield.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
dunk

Pedro played well wen he had the opportunity, probably the best I've seen from him, but aside from a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half, they only gave him the ball on the odd occasion and Villa was anonymous, simply because they were more intent on keeping the ball and preventing Germany getting into the game.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
What a £#%&!ing bore that was, almost has dull as watching Barca.
Are we the new bitters now?

Good grief.

Truly hope Spain win this thing now just to see your heads explode, embarrassing stuff.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
There were some superb performances tonight by the aforementioned players, try watching the game instead of posting shit on here.

£#%&!ing idiots.

Boring comparison between Arsenal and any passing side, Spain got through a lot today due to 2 or 3 super individual performances of the aforementioned. Not easy to get through Germany, even if they only had two people in the centre of midfield.
That's an utter load of bullshit, they got through because of a great header. The rest of their play was insipid.

'£#%&!ing idiots'

self awareness fail

"not easy to get through Germany"

erm, they didn't, it was a corner hardly tore them apart. boring shite.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pedro played well wen he had the opportunity, probably the best I've seen from him, but aside from a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half, they only gave him the ball on the odd occasion and Villa was anonymous, simply because they were more intent on keeping the ball and preventing Germany getting into the game.
Don't blame the team on Villa not adapting to the sudden change of formation.

He was poor tonight, he plays better with Torres, yet they play better as a team without Torres.

Big dilemma for VDB.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
dunk

It was classic Liverpool. Dominate possession in non-threatening area's until the opposition tire without creating anything, push/apply pressure for short spells, creating little but the odd pot shot then finally succeed with a set piece. Then sit back and hit the opposition on the break and everyone recalls 2 or 3 useless breaks in the last 10 minutes and somehow believe it was an impressive performance.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Sandman

Quote:

Good grief.

Truly hope Spain win this thing now just to see your heads explode, embarrassing stuff.
I just don't find that kind of football entertaining, it's every bit as dull as a team who park the bus.

safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
That's an utter load of bullshit, they got through because of a great header. The rest of their play was insipid.

'£#%&!ing idiots'

self awareness fail

"not easy to get through Germany"

erm, they didn't, it was a corner hardly tore them apart. boring shite.
Who said they tore them apart? And when I say got through, i'm talking about got through to the final. Learn to read. And yes, £#%&!ing idiots, you don't understand football clearly.

I guess it's important for people like me who've actually played at a decent level to explain to you the basics of the game and educate the people with poorer knowledge, i'm happy to do that.

Mark Corrigan

Who cares.
[SIZE="1"]always wanted to say that

denis lawless

if Torres and Fiberglass miss the final,, then theres only one team for me on sundee

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
The Watcher

Gutted tbh This Germany team is one of my favourite sides of recent years. Play expansive, attacking football at pace, press aggressively when they loose the ball and all with a high level of technical ability. Been the best to watch in this tournament. I hope Joachim Low stays on for the next European Championships, as this group are only going to get better. Very capable coach though, I expect a few big clubs will be after him sooner or later.

Spain, especially Xavi, were just masterful though. They must be the most frustrating side to play against. Once you loose the ball, you don't get it back! The collective technique of their players (except Puyol...) is outstanding. I thought Schweinsteiger put in another great performance, the battle between him and Xavi was of the highest quality. Great game.

I hope the Dutch can do them and finally win a World Cup, but I seriously doubt it. Spain will just keep the ball and wear them down, like they did the Germans. At the very least, I hope Van Bommel snaps that @#%&! Busquets in two.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Sloppy

OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and SERIOUS ARSE SEEING!

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Ben

i £#%&!in hate puyol.
pique was going to head that and score.
@#%&!.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Who said they tore them apart? And when I say got through, i'm talking about got through to the final. Learn to read. And yes, £#%&!ing idiots, you don't understand football clearly.

I guess it's important for people like me who've actually played at a decent level to explain to you the basics of the game and educate the people with poorer knowledge, i'm happy to do that.
You #@&%!.

It's fairly clear we all understand it perfectly and think it shit.

You, however, think it isn't.

It's probably why you want Mourinho at OT too, he plays the same grind you down, safety first, prevent the opposition from playing kind of football. United have started doing it in the last couple of years as well. It's shit.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was classic Liverpool. Dominate possession in non-threatening area's until the opposition tire without creating anything, push/apply pressure for short spells, creating little but the odd pot shot then finally succeed with a set piece. Then sit back and hit the opposition on the break and everyone recalls 2 or 3 useless breaks in the last 10 minutes and somehow believe it was an impressive performance.
Liverpool are nothing like this team, this is absolutely bizarre. Not even gonna continue this, clearly gonna be a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I just don't find that kind of football entertaining, it's every bit as dull as a team who park the bus.
It can get boring at times but tonight things clearly worked, had they taken 2 or 3 of their other chances and the scoreline looked more convincing you wouldn't be saying this.

Tonight was nothing like previous games. Obviously had a bit of help with the circumstances turning against Germany but they played quite well imo, if you can't appreciate this maybe you don't understand football.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Good grief.

You have to admit though that Spain generally 'attack' at a very slow pace. Pedro ran a few times, but other than that, it's slow. Nobody really runs. They make smart off the ball movement, but not really into attacking positions. Iniesta kept finding space on the left, but never found anyone with a cross.

You can call it crafty, intelligent, patient...and it may be those things. But it's also physically slow. I guess I just prefer the game played at pace.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
safingtons

Thumbs up Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Gutted tbh This Germany team is one of my favourite sides of recent years. Play expansive, attacking football at pace, press aggressively when they loose the ball and all with a high level of technical ability. Been the best to watch in this tournament. I hope Joachim Low stays on for the next European Championships, as this group are only going to get better. Very capable coach though, I expect a few big clubs will be after him sooner or later.

Spain, especially Xavi, were just masterful though. They must be the most frustrating side to play against. Once you loose the ball, you don't get it back! The collective technique of their players (except Puyol...) is outstanding. I thought Schweinsteiger put in another great performance, the battle between him and Xavi was of the highest quality. Great game.

I hope the Dutch can do them and finally win a World Cup, but I seriously doubt it. Spain will just keep the ball and wear them down, like they did the Germans. At the very least, I hope Van Bommel snaps that @#%&! Busquets in two.
Someone who understands football.

Phew.
Closed Thread