United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Red Al

Any decent team would have been 3 or 4 up in the first half hour and the game would have been well and truly over.

I'd still sack the @#%&!

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:52 PM
red in cumbria

Lukaku *is* a better player than he has shown for us recently, though. I know he's the type that JM likes and we shouldn't be too reliant on him, but some of the current talk is a bit OTT.

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Lukaku *is* a better player than he has shown for us recently, though. I know he's the type that JM likes and we shouldn't be too reliant on him, but some of the current talk is a bit OTT.
No it's not

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Any decent team would have been 3 or 4 up in the first half hour and the game would have been well and truly over.

I'd still sack the @#%&!
Bournemouth *are* a decent team these days by most measurements - what you actually mean is a "top" team. Well we are playing one of those next weekend so lets see how it goes

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
He can be that better player elsewhere. Not a striker for a top team, or one with pretensions of being one. Too one dimensional and technically limited to play such a key role. He will score goals, but it is not enough.

Rashford might be frustrating but his movement, energy and link up play are levels above Lukaku. Same with Sanchez in that role.

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Cream

Average age of the teams that finished the match:

Manchester United 26.09
Bournemouth AFC 26.18

Clive -

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Buck

What a guy!

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What a guy!

Do you really care that much?

I'm genuinely touched

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yep.

He's stubborn.

It'll be reset again next week against City where we'll try to make it all about the finer margins again and he'll scratch his head as to why a shit defence can't defend.

The strengths of this side are Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez and to a lesser extent Mata, Lingard and Fred. They're positive players and the 'head turners'.

It sure as shit isn't Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Jones, Valencia.

But even more than that, it's an attitude thing. When we chase, there's more intensity and everything improves: touch, pace, intent, confidence. All of these shoot up and we become a considerable better team.

I'd take if if I thought he'd change, but he won't.
With you on all of this apart from the Fred bit. He looks absolutely shite.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
He'll be back soon enough. It's Jose M.O.

We were so much better second half. It's so frustrating because this team can attack and can play well.

The training in the week should be what sparks us. That second half is how this team should play as default, not as a reaction to going behind yet again.

Our best performances this season have usually been when we're chasing a game.

Do it from the £#%&!ing start! Play to the strengths of the team
We weren't behind.

We won the game.

Away against a decent side.

As predicted by me while you were crying. You're still crying.

Log off.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Do you really care that much?

I'm genuinely touched
keep on ricing

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We weren't behind.

We won the game.

Away against a decent side.

As predicted by me while you were crying. You're still crying.

Log off.
Eh?

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep.

He's stubborn.

It'll be reset again next week against City where we'll try to make it all about the finer margins again and he'll scratch his head as to why a shit defence can't defend.

The strengths of this side are Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez and to a lesser extent Mata, Lingard and Fred. They're positive players and the 'head turners'.

It sure as shit isn't Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Jones, Valencia.

But even more than that, it's an attitude thing. When we chase, there's more intensity and everything improves: touch, pace, intent, confidence. All of these shoot up and we become a considerable better team.

I'd take if if I thought he'd change, but he won't.
Yep. this isn't Italy where every game has to be a chess match that you win by narrow margins ffs. If Liverpool can blow teams away with Robertson and Terence Trent darby as full backs with Lovren as centre back and milner in midfield it should signal to you that you can overcome 90% of the teams through sheer aggression and tempo.

Our defence is shockingly bad, easily the worst i've seen from united in 30 years. They can't even get the basics right. Chris Smalling should have been booted out of the club years ago, he's never been good enough and now he's on the slide he looks a pub league defender.

I have no idea why we insist on playing in a way which actually plays to our weaknesses.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:09 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We’ll win this - easily. If he starts with the block of wood then perhaps not.

But if he continues with the Martial rediscovered thing then we’ll piss it. 2-1.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Eh?
Think he means at the time of the one spell we could string two passes together.

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Great finish rashford you #@&%!
Can’t help it can you sparky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Should have your bloopers own thread

Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Eh?
We went into the break 1-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Self congratulatory reds.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Can’t help it can you sparky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Should have your bloopers own thread
But he missed though.

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:16 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
But he missed though.
General attitude towards utd players as a whole no idea why just enjoy
The ride pal

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Tiberian

I think Matic, in a quiet way, is one of the main issues with our team. Poor defensively when the game is stretched, offers very little cover for the CB's, only really looks comfortable when we play a deep line and the play is compact, limiting the strain on his mobility and stamina. To exacerbate that he has a frustrating tendency to dawdle on the ball, dribble sideways and then pop a short ball off to one of our CB's, meaning a hoof or a back pass leading to a hoof. Does not take enough responsibility on to play a forward pass, or to open the game up. I am not seeing any great positive he is offering.

Matic and Lukaku were the wrong type of players to compliment what Mou was coming in to(in attack, at least)