Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 46 33.09%
No 93 66.91%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:35 AM
jem

the club's values:
1. how does this affect how much money the glazers can take out?
2. nope. that's it.

it would be lovely to think that it was about the club's parental responsibility, the possibility of redemption, drawing a line in the sand of morality, zero tolerance for this kind of thing, being more than a club, etc. that's what pixels are for. real men just milk.

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

Primarily. But the club’s ability to make money is very much dependant on its brand and image. Whether the motivation for having a clean image and brand is commercial or moral or both is a bit irrelevant.

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:42 AM
pc6090

I don’t care if he’s the next Ronaldo he should not have the privilege of wearing our shirt again. As a club we need to re-establish our morals and values

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:48 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
I don’t care if he’s the next Ronaldo he should not have the privilege of wearing our shirt again. As a club we need to re-establish our morals and values
I agree. But the Antony thing has really forced me to re-examine my morals unfortunately.

Can you imagine what we’d be like with Mason on the right and Nach on the left with rassers up top? Sell Rashford, get another forward and a midfielder to go along Mainoo.

Difficult not to be tempted by that….

Unread 22-02-2024, 12:30 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
There's no morals in football, only players.

Unread 22-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Oooh, don’t you know?

Unread 22-02-2024, 08:49 PM
larry

Quote:
“What we need to do when having issues like that is understand the real effects — not the hype. Then we need to make a fair decision in light of the club’s values. That’s what we need to do and that’s how we will deal with it.”

Will that be a fresh decision then?

“Yes, absolutely. We will make a decision and we will justify it.”

So it’s feasible he could still have a future at Man Utd?

“All I can do is talk about the principle of how we will approach decisions like that.”

What are the values you are defining?

“Is he the right type of footballer? Is he a good person or not?”

We don’t want to misquote you or take this out of context… Are you saying you are not closing the door on Mason?

“He’s a Manchester United footballer, so we are in charge of football. So the answer is ‘yeah, we have to make decisions’.
you can hear the desperation in the reporters voice: but....but.... you can't bring him back.... he's too good, it's nor faiiiir.... nooooooooo.. NOOOOOOOOOO
think it's that adam @#%&! asking the question btw

Unread 22-02-2024, 09:25 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
‘Values’

£#%&!ing hell. You don’t half go sideways on these sorts of things. The issue the club has isn’t anything to do with Rachel £#%&!ing Riley. It’s the fact that United is one of the most commercially lucrative and important sporting brands in the world and being seen to allow one of its star players to physically and emotionally abuse his partner and possibly rape her live on social £#%&!ing media is a bad look. Regardless of whether a criminal prosecution is successful or not. No idea why you don’t get that.

Oh believe me I do, but there is no complaint to prosecute, doesnt make it consensual by default, but all you have is ‘not a good look’ .
Also it wasn’t live on Social Media. How many players have we had in the not a good look category?

It’s a million miles away from a player jumping at a fan that’s racially abusing him ffs.

The outpouring of outrage wasn’t a million miles away, nor brand damage even at that time. The club decided they needed to keep him….. not unlike the verm with Suarez

They’re the values the club is trying to uphold and is spending millions each year trying to protect. The brand will grow with success too, if they decide the potential positive of that balances against the negative he’s back in

I think the door is open for him to come back. He’s seen to have done his penance - he throws in some self help battered wives support group stuff and he should be clean.

Glad you agree

The fact is he is a deeply unpleasant @#%&! but who knows, people can change.

Unread 22-02-2024, 09:37 PM
Hyman_Roth

I was deliberately underplaying it by saying it wasn’t a good look you muppet. How many players have a live audio recording of themselves being a massive @#%&! and violent towards a vulnerable woman and probably raping her (with images of the girl having being knocked about) being sent all over the internet?

FFS

Jim’s given the best analysis of it by saying that young people like Greenwood haven’t necessarily been brought up in the right way. That’s the first and most convincing thing anyone associated with the player or the club has said about it. And we’re two years into it.

Unread 22-02-2024, 09:49 PM
larry

Quote:
rape her live on social £#%&!ing media
no one was raped live on social media you weird @#%&!

Quote:
How many players have a live audio recording of themselves being a massive @#%&! and violent towards a vulnerable woman and probably raping her (with images of the girl having being knocked about) being sent all over the internet?

FFS
Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.

source: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...21-august-2023

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:10 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I was deliberately underplaying it by saying it wasn’t a good look you muppet. How many players have a live audio recording of themselves being a massive @#%&! and violent towards a vulnerable woman and probably raping her (with images of the girl having being knocked about) being sent all over the internet?

FFS

Jim’s given the best analysis of it by saying that young people like Greenwood haven’t necessarily been brought up in the right way. That’s the first and most convincing thing anyone associated with the player or the club has said about it. And we’re two years into it.
i.e. in Yorkshire.

Up there in them hills... anything goes. I've seen it.

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Denis Irwell

Bring him home. Ridiculous waste of talent. £#%&! Rachel etc

No other club…

Nacho, Razzer, Greenwood strike force …

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:35 PM
Finport Red

If only one of his parents had thought to tell him when he was younger, this could have all been so very different.

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:46 PM
armchair

I'll never forgive him for October 7th.

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Bring him home. Ridiculous waste of talent. £#%&! Rachel etc

No other club…

Nacho, Razzer, Greenwood strike force …
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
incel crew vs rachel riley fan club
i know whose side i'd rather be on
Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
She’s a boss eyed bitch, like Michelle Moane and like her Greenwood hasn’t been convicted either.

Changed my stance

Bring him back.
Quote:
word is big jim desperately wants him back but after how mason was treated by ethers, ned, rachel etc, he's told us to £#%&! off
Quote:
any cult led by rachel riley deserves to be mocked
Quote:
very impressed with his professionalism this season, looks entirely focused on football. he plays every game in a midfield 4 and is never injured despite utd neglecting him for an extended period long after all charges were dropped
we don't deserve to have him back and i'd expect he hates utd for how he was treated, but i do hope sir jim'll fix it has some balls, can convince him to come home, and doesnt buckle under a new wave of attacks from rachel riley this summer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think you underestimate the memory of The Mob. One Tweet from Rachel Riley and she'll have her army of outraged social justice warriors assembling like the Avengers.

Anyway, why would he come back here? The man is on a come up. Happy family settling in Spain, and if he keeps balling like he is, then a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona is on the cards.
Quote:
Get him back asap.

We won’t miss Rachel.

Top Reds know talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qldclone
would be a good week to bring him back, Rachel Riley will be pre-occupied with other major news stories.
Quote:
rachel riley?
Quote:
we got absolutely shafted because the club are so incompetent they don't realise social media is heavily manipulated in 2023. outside of rachel riley and the 88 voters here (of whom i'm guessing less than 10 emailed the club), the overwhelming majority of noise was likely made by rival fans and bots. the scousers had ai generated emails (all differently worded) scheduled to be emailed 100s of times an hour at different times. the club fell for it nqat.
Quote:
Rachel 'Racist' Riley says Black Lives do not Matter. Click here for more.

hopefully in the decades to come, the world will readjust itself away from this madness and what she has done will be punishable by law. until then #boycottcountdown and #freemason
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatchetMan
You don’t want this, son. You’re out of your depth. Stick to £#%&!ing over odd sexual fantasies about Rachel Riley and don’t @ me again. You’ve been warned.
Quote:
Worst think about it is that Rachel Tory @#%&! face Riley will keep supporting united too as a result.

Seems united have no issue with hateful bastards like her still being assosciated to the club.
Quote:
good statement but wrong outcome. innocent of all charges and still kicked out, doesnt feel right at all, hope rachel and her gang of online @#%&!s are proud of themselves
Quote:
have to think they wouldn't have folded so easily if there wasn't more to it? if it's purely down to rachel riley then as i've said before, no backbone. maybe he is actually a wrong 'un. we'll never know though as they'll never have to explain why they backtracked, they're sticking with the "no decision has been made up to this point" line

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1133

agreed
Quote:
i hope mason and his family are doing ok through all of this hysteria as it can't be easy being the focal point of this witch-hunt, particularly with the way utd have handled it which has surely only added more stress. it seems to me they were finally getting their lives back on track; the joy and relief they must have felt at receiving the news utd were bringing him back, only to have those dreams cruelly taken away from them overnight, all because of rachel riley.
Quote:
Amen. Rachel Riley us a hateful spiteful tory bitch.

Wasn't long ago she was selling fake corbyn t shirts and pushing propaganda to paint him in a bad light.

This news will just make people want Greenwood back if it removes her association to the club.
Quote:
For all those who care about ethics. One of the most hateful individuals has said they'll stop supporting us if we keep Greenwood.

I think we need to get him signed up so that Rachel Riley no longer supports the club. That's a pretty good trade off if you ask me.

Team Carol Vorderman FTW
Quote:
Oh no!!! Not Rachel Riley.
‘You have to ask yourself; where’s Rachel Riley in all of this?’

Unread 22-02-2024, 10:54 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'll never forgive him for October 7th.
‘They haven’t necessarily been brought up the right way’ could and should be the foundation stone of any lasting peace deal in that part of the world.

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:36 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Unread 23-02-2024, 02:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Innit.

She's got half this forum on strings

Unread 23-02-2024, 07:33 AM
redhegemony

Old big Daddy Ewing has a perfect chance here to set a new agenda here using Greenwood as an example.

He can use Greenwood as an example of young footballers going off the rails and there are plenty of them and set out a career education programme for all our young players that encompasses diversity, ethics, social media etc. He could choose whether to couple it to the rehabilitation of Greenwood or not.

he does seem quite a thoughtful chap.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:02 AM
Stickman

Some clubs won’t even sign a player if they think they’re not the best character fit for the dressing room.

We’ve got some advocating for…