United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ridiculous how some are still kidding themselves.

Spent another 100m+ in the summer yet the excuses keep on coming….

Our squad should be challenging for the major honours, average midfield or not. A quality coach would be able to counter the weakness of our team considering the players we have in other positions. But as it is we can’t even win the lower comps because we’re hamstrung by a manager who doesn’t know how arse from his elbow at times.
Yep. We got thrashed by the dippers with Henderson and £#%&!ing Milner in midfield ffs.

Ole himself said no excuses this season, yet you still have clueless cranks on here defending the indefensible!

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Mad how the tide turns.
This time last week it was a case of when.

One result later it's maybe they won't sack him after all, but he probably should go.

If he gets a result against city it will be no way should he be sacked and you're a hater for ever wanting that. Ole's at the wheel.

Big picture he just will never get united above the current level imo

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Yep. We got thrashed by the dippers with Henderson and £#%&!ing Milner in midfield ffs.

Ole himself said no excuses this season, yet you still have clueless cranks on here defending the indefensible!
In a few years we’ll have completed our transition into 90’s Liverpool and look back at this crossroads as the final nail. Gareth Southgate as manager… that’s where we’re heading.

But I guess that’s football etc.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
If he gets a result against city it will be no way should he be sacked and you're a hater for ever wanting that. Ole's at the wheel.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Mad how the tide turns.
This time last week it was a case of when.

One result later it's maybe they won't sack him after all, but he probably should go.

Big picture he just will never get united above the current level imo
We could have won the league and/or CL this season.

I don't blame Ole though. He's doing his best, and he's hardly going to admit he's not up to it and toddle off back to the artic circle by choice.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
In a few years we’ll have completed our transition into 90’s Liverpool and look back at this crossroads as the final nail.
We’ve been there for a few years now. “Oh we won the Europa... but the FA cup!!” We’ve been regularly spanked in the league for years and both of our second place finishes were with a sizeable gap between us and the top. It’s why the “United dna” stuff makes me cringe tbh - absolutely meaningless when we’re forever chasing the pack.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:33 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Every defeat? You mean 5-0 at home to a Liverpool team that took its foot off the gas. Come on. This wasn't being beaten at home by Villa. Defeats do happen, but not like that.

And Pep was torn apart in the media after that CL defeat. The three PL titles and five cups he won previously might just have softened the criticism.
city lost 5-2 home to leicester liverpool with a full team 7-2 to villa .. ferguson 2009 team lost 1-4 home to liverpool utd were champions of england europe and world champions when this happend .. its football it £#%&!ing happens .. the ole agenda is £#%&!ing incredible , never have i known more of a witch hunt against one manager ever . how one win is the other team where shite to a loss where we get hammered ... ffs 30 away games unbeaten its never been done before ever in what 130 to 140 years of football in england .. its well there wasnt any fans ..what the actual £#%&! does that even mean .. you self entitled #@&%!s keep churning out your utter %@#$&!s

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the fans championing us finishing 2nd deserve everything they get.
I'm not championing finishing second at all. but, when you look at results, he was better than klopp and tuchel last year. not to mention arteta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the weakest area of our team is the manager.

our midfield is good enough to win the league or at least compete for it.
that, my friend, is nonsense. ole is a not a great manager, but he could win the title with a couple of decent midfielders - the one area our squad is clearly weak. however, no manager is winning the title with fred in midfield.

were it not for dodgy decisions for city and against us, we would actually have been quite a close second last season.

fred is an abomination. and pogba is not much better - he's merely an abomination with upside.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We’ve been there for a few years now. “Oh we won the Europa... but the FA cup!!” We’ve been regularly spanked in the league for years and both of our second place finishes were with a sizeable gap between us and the top. It’s why the “United dna” stuff makes me cringe tbh - absolutely meaningless when we’re forever chasing the pack.
We’ve got top players so we’re not quite there yet

It’ll be when Southgate has Lewis Dunk as captain and a Longstaff+Fred midfield with some absolute no mark from the Swiss league up front.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:40 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The team is being shackled by a weak midfield.

There’s literally no point in discussing the merits of the manager with you tbh. As pure said, everything good is despite him and everything bad is his fault in your eyes. It would be good if you could stop repeating your nonsense on the matter for a bit, it’s tedious.
Interestingly thats the complete opposite to his views on PP…….Everything good is because of him and everything bad is because of others…..

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Sparky***

There really is no point arguing with some people.

If the Liverpool result wasn’t enough to convince you that enough is enough, then there really is no hope for you. You can’t see the woods for the trees.

No point in debating with people who want to delude themselves.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

If the Liverpool result wasn’t enough to convince you that enough is enough, then there really is no hope for you. You can’t see the woods for the trees.

I don’t think there’s many people arguing that it wouldn’t be fair for him to go now, if we’ve got a suitable replacement. That’s how I feel anyway.

I absolutely don’t accept that there’s been numerous times he should have been sacked before that though, or that he was lucky to still be in a job at the start of this season. Simply isn’t true.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:57 PM
tatty

I'm still bemused there are posters supporting Ole.

What needs to happen for the penny to drop?

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don’t think there’s many people arguing that it wouldn’t be fair for him to go now, if we’ve got a suitable replacement. That’s how I feel anyway.

I absolutely don’t accept that there’s been numerous times he should have been sacked before that though, or that he was lucky to still be in a job at the start of this season. Simply isn’t true.
This.

I’m happy to change, but for the right person, not for the sake of it. If they’ve sounded someone out and they can’t get them until summer then Ole may as well ride it out imo. No point in bringing in another interim bloke.

And Conte was absolutely not the right man imo.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm still bemused there are posters supporting Ole.

What needs to happen for the penny to drop?
Relegation probably

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

You can think he's gone as far as he's going to go with us while not copy and pasting utter nonsense tbf.

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:06 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Relegation probably
still support him

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This.

I’m happy to change, but for the right person, not for the sake of it. If they’ve sounded someone out and they can’t get them until summer then Ole may as well ride it out imo. No point in bringing in another interim bloke.

And Conte was absolutely not the right man imo.
I think some people thought if ole wasn't sacked now, he won't move on later and we're stuck in this cycle of his.

if the plan is to keep ole until end of season and transition to someone like ten hag, then it seems to be the best option.

but, and I'm repeating myself now, but I think they keep him for next season unless it goes worse, and I don't think it will.

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:10 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It really is.

Klopp finished 8th and then 4th in his first two full seasons.

I'm not saying Ole is going on to win the Champions League this season, but it does show that what you've quoted is patently %@#$&!s.
No, Klopp finished 4th in his first full season. Then 4th again. Then 2nd in his third full season. He won it in his fourth full season.

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:46 PM
marlo

He has to go now not when a replace my if found.

if you had a employee stealing, you sack him immediately not keep on until you find a replacement. It should be the same procedure.

Everything right now is just a waste of time while he is in charge.

by the he leaves more damage would have been done to morale and some players might have left due to his gross mismanagement of the squad
Closed Thread