United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:39 AM
armchair

I think he'll have a few seasons at the end of his career where he plays for fun and will look quality.

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don't PSG always play at night aswell, it's basically when he comes alive !!

Shrewd move the midnight madness monster ..
Fixed it

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:03 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
This has to be Qatar playing a vengeful joke on United....

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-n...thony-martial/

The guy is so injury prone, he's going to need a motorized wheelchair on the field pretty soon if he's picked to start.

Given his injury track record why would PSG, or any top/mid level club want Martial?
Aye, everytime I want concrete transfer news, I always go to The Hard Tackle website

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:05 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Aye, everytime I want concrete transfer news, I always go to The Hard Tackle website
Bloody love a hard tackle, me

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think he'll have a few seasons at the end of his career where he plays for fun and will look quality.
Doubt it. One of his qualities (when he isn’t injured) is his quick burst of pace and speed. That will go with age. I reckon there’s a contract for the Saudi league for him on the horizon.

If Jim comes in and sorts it all out, maybe we manage to sign a cover striker in Jan. Bin martial within the next 6 months, then go for someone like Evan Ferguson in the summer.

Saudi transfer is the only real thing that will save us. The lazy bastards contract is so high no real other team will touch him because even if they can afford his wages , he won’t guarantee games (or effort for that matter, heard it means something in football)

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:36 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Because on his day he's a pretty decent player
I look forward to that day.

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Because on his day he's a pretty decent player and he'd be allowed more "days" playing in a tin pot league where the demands are pretty low. Oh and he's French.
his debut?

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:48 AM
est.1878

Feb 29th.

The curse won't lift until he leaves.

Unread 17-11-2023, 01:15 PM
Sparky***

As if someone is going to buy this clown off us.

Unread 17-11-2023, 03:05 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Only big Phil Jones ecplipses him in the wage thief department.

Unread 17-11-2023, 03:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Isn't it?

"Come on, please, just take him. He's packed the x-box in now."

Not happening. He'll go as a free and end up retired at 30.

Unread 17-11-2023, 06:24 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Only big Phil Jones ecplipses him in the wage thief department.
Probably a close-run thing given the difference in wages between the two of them.

Unread 17-11-2023, 08:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Because on his day he's a pretty decent player and he'd be allowed more "days" playing in a tin pot league where the demands are pretty low. Oh and he's French.

Unread 17-11-2023, 08:48 PM
Finport Red

Inaugurated in 1985 the French over 50s men’s walking football league had a proud tradition, having grown from just a casual game between a few men in a Parisian leisure centre, to the world’s most competitive and attractive competition, with famous retirees from the professional game all keen to keep their names alive, and also their love for the beautiful game.

Now though, it was almost all over, the flame that once shone so bright, now a mere flicker in the breeze as, along with football in general, the walking game had lost the support of those fans who’d followed it religiously. Yesterday’s game, played by yesterday’s men. And now, the day after the funeral of one of the last two players in the league, only one man remained. In what was now little more than a ritual to mark the occasion of the league’s centenary, he shuffled on to the pitch for the final time, accompanied by pronounced limp, his back hunched and hands gnarled with arthritis.

As he reached the centre circle, he smiled wryly to himself. “Today…” Anthony thought, “…today is MY day.”

And it might well have been, were it not for an unfortunate hamstring pull in the warm-up.

Unread 17-11-2023, 11:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I look forward to that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
his debut?

Unread 19-11-2023, 04:33 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Ah well then....maybe Nice will take him.

Sir Jim to the rescue.

Unread 19-11-2023, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Ah well then....maybe Nice will take him.

Sir Jim to the rescue.
If that is one of the first things he does, it would earn him the eternal gratitude of most fans.

Unread 20-11-2023, 04:56 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If that is one of the first things he does, it would earn him the eternal gratitude of most fans.
They should have sold him after that one good year with Ole....I don't see him getting over 15 goals again, let alone 10.

Roy Keane was right, should have moved him on , but 20/20 is hindsight.

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:23 PM
red in cumbria

Again, that he is still here is simply obscene. And not something that our manager can be blamed for.