United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
busquets is 34 right?

just asking.

also Frankie de Jong may have a nice name but he isn't what we need first in our midfield. I don't think a lot have seen him play.
We need some snide, some bite, someone to win back possession and not let us get walked through the midfield.

Casemiro will bring that, 100%.

If people can't get excited by this signing, I don't know what will...

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:59 AM
puressence

Hes 30 and plays 40 to 50 games a season hes not bastian who was always injured or varane who i said when bought spends half the season sat in the stands .. Hes absolutely brilliant however your agenda suits ..

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
frenkie dejong
Busquets
Kimmich
Verratti
declan rice
Bellingham, tchouameni, . Tbh is ability isn’t questioned. He’s top class, just if he can hit the ground running and translate that into the prem and that he is nearing the beginning of the end of his career. Would be good to get two good seasons out of him.

It’s also not our job to scout for Man Utd. It’s about having a long term approach for the new manager. Get him young players he can build a team so in two windows time it doesn’t have to be a mass panic of signings and he would just need a couple of players to complete it.

This , they chase FDJ all summer, get cucked by Barca, then go after Rabiot () then turn to him and over pay. You could argue he is ten hags third choice after FDJ and Rabiot (if you believe Rabiot was a choice for ten hag)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We need some snide, some bite, someone to win back possession and not let us get walked through the midfield.

The glazers have sucked the life out of this club and were prepared to £#%&! ten hag this summer . This is a reaction signing hoping to get the fans of their back.
Like I’ve said, he’s a good player and I hope he hits the ground running and transforms everyone around him. Just would like to wait and see before I get my hopes up as it’s happened countless times before. I mean literally varane signed last year and that was supposed to help. He didn’t.

Sadly with how the window has been handled any signing after the start of the season is a panic signing . Just hope he comes and fits in right away

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:04 AM
windy waffles

The differene with Varane was a lot of people, even on here, said about his injury record and were spot on. Casemiro doesn't have those issues.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
and we’re prepared to £#%&! ten hag this summer
There’s a queue, and you doomers are at the back

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:08 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

belting signing this. hopefully it doesn't take in any way the heat off the glazers come monday and beyond though.

Jim and Casemiro... could be the best summer in a long time...

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:09 AM
shenwen

Bellingham

If we signed any of the alternatives listed they’d be complaints. Too old. Too young. Too tall. Too short. Could have bought him two years ago. Don’t like his mother.

£#%&!ing state

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:09 AM
AK14

Quote:

Agree with this.

He’s a top player nqat

I’m pissed off with us waiting until now to do it, obvious why but still annoying and the owners won’t be pulling the wool over my eyes.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
The differene with Varane was a lot of people, even on here, said about his injury record and were spot on. Casemiro doesn't have those issues.
I think some people are just more bothered about having a player who may very well be on his way out in two seasons time with 3 years left on a large contract. It’s the mentality shift (or lack of)

Casemiro would be a fantastic signing if they had signed another CM along side of him. He’s a quick fix. A quick fix that has come 2 games into the season when they’re in panic mode.

He will do well here (fingers crossed) just don’t think he fits in with how the club should be looking at medium term and long term goals.

ESP seeing as they were chasing FDJ all summer then go for a completely different type of player.

Hopefully he hits the ground running and brings some stability to the midfield. Just a bit reserved as we have seen how these things pan out before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There’s a queue, and you doomers are at the back
Right so it’s “doomers” if we are reserved about signings

Whatever pal. Im not telling you how to act on here , jump and shout we have signed the best CM ever , I don’t care. Im just giving my opinion on a public forum.

Didn’t realise it there was a “negativity police force “ on here.

The clubs it’s it’s worst state, got rats owning the club, £#%&!ed several managers, 5 4-0 away losses or something and we get judged for being negative.

I’m hoping ETH gets backed as he looks to be the right man but come Monday night we could be 3 losses from 3 and bottom of the table. Why would anyone be negative about that?

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:14 AM
Lok

Exactly what we need. Shame he's no spring chicken.

If we get a good 2 peak years out of him it will have been worth it.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I think some people are just more bothered about having a player who may very well be on his way out in two seasons time with 3 years left on a large contract. It’s the mentality shift (or lack of)

Blah blah blah
I think you mean yourself

Sort your head out. It's been a month of this repetitive shit from you. Finally we make what looks like a decent signing and still not happy.

marlo

can someone google jorginho and kantes age please

dunk

Quote:
Erik ten Hag asked Manchester United to sign him a central midfielder from one of the top sides in La Liga this summer. But instead of landing Frenkie de Jong, it looks like the arrival of Casemiro is a lot more likely to happen.

United insist a move for De Jong is not dead, but there is a general acceptance that if a deal for the Real Madrid midfielder can be agreed instead, then the pursuit of the Dutchman will no longer be financially viable this year.

The fact that United see Casemiro as a midfield alternative so late in the window highlights their scattergun approach, and although he would address the team’s need for a defensive midfielder, it begs the question of who actually wants him

To go from De Jong, a player trained on the Total Football mantra of Johan Cruyff, to Casemiro, a no-nonsense mediator in midfield, is like going to rehome a Labrador and coming home with a Rottweiler instead. It’s hard to see how he was ever a like-for-like alternative.

Casemiro would still be a huge improvement on the options already at United and would by no means be a bad addition to their squad, but at the age of 30, it once again raises a question about the long term plan, or rather, the lack of it

In a similar vein to the addition of Nemanja Matic back in 2017, United would be getting a clear short-term improvement for their side but a player who would then likely need to be replaced in another two or three seasons' time.

United must also realise there is a reason why Real Madrid are selling Casemiro too. A year ago, the move for Raphael Varane seemed like a master stroke, but his subsequent injury issues have shown that the La Liga champions knew he had a limited shelf life and it was better to sell him and reinvest their money. They sold the Frenchman for £42million and offset his sale with David Alaba on a free last year and Antonio Rudiger this year as well.

This summer they will be happy to sell Casemiro because they have already begun their midfield regeneration project with the signing of Eduardo Camavinga last year and Aurelien Tchouameni this year. His potential departure also comes at a time when current teammate Federico Valverde is now playing at a high level, having learned his trade from the Brazil international, limiting the need to keep him.

United had looked into the possibility of moves for Camavinga and Tchouameni, but instead of signing two of the brightest young talents in European football, they are instead trying to sign the veteran they have replaced.

Casemiro is an upgrade for United, but he isn’t the long-term solution. If they had a plan, they might have realised that.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:17 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Why would anyone be negative about that?
Because that negativity should be at least in some way objective.

Yes, ETH has had a horrendous start to the season but given the circumstances it's not exactly surprising. fdj and ronaldo sagas, lack of quality signings in other areas, squad morale on the floor after last season.

Whichever way you look at it Casemiro is a superb signing. 30 is far, far from over the hill these days. He has an excellent injury record, plays internationally with Fred so is familiar with at least 3 of the other squad members, and might just be the boost the rest of the squad needs to get them out of this rut.

The vast majority of sensible folk were saying ETH is going to need at least 2-3 seasons to turn this ship around - regardless of those @#%&!s running us - so yeah, being a negative £#%&! after 2 bad results is kind of pointless.

Lighten up pal.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:19 AM
shenwen

Not sure if people have watched many of our games lately, but a short term solution could be exactly what we need right now.

Get some stability in he team and then start with the longer-term rebuild over successive windows.

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
fascinating stuff but it doesn't tell anyone anything we didn't already know.

i'd rather take a short term solution for 2-3 seasons than no solution at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not sure if people have watched many of our games lately, but a short term solution could be exactly what we need right now.

Get some stability in he team and then start with the longer-term rebuild over successive windows.
shenners knows...

elhombre

It’s a total panic buy

If it happens

It may pay off but it’s a panic buy and it shows a total lack of forward planning

But I will take it at this point

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Yet

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:20 AM
browser

If you go out for a lab and come home with a Rottweiler you’ve done well. Far superior dags

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:21 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen