Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Evans for £12m?

£25m and it would still be daylight robbery
absolutely no chance we should be even considering selling him.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
absolutely no chance we should be even considering selling him.
especially with vidic on his bike next summer ;-}

imagine evans and pique at the heart of barcelona's defence for less than the cost of lescott though

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
especially with vidic on his bike next summer ;-}

imagine evans and pique at the heart of barcelona's defence for less than the cost of lescott though
I think we have an all Norn Oirish central defence in our future.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
word
Gobshite.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

If this is about next season, I'll just say that I'm excited about a possible front "4" of Nani, Rooney, Berbs and Valencia. Dunno if we'll see it but I really hope we do.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
MUFC One Love

United won't consider selling Evans, he is impressive whenever he plays. He plays like a defender in his prime, so composed, can play with both feet, doesn't affected my the pressure, atmosphere etc. Great player and will replace Vidic when Vidic leaves next summer.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United won't consider selling Evans, he is impressive whenever he plays. He plays like a defender in his prime, so composed, can you both feet, doesn't affected my the pressure, atmosphere etc. Great player and will replace Vidic when Vidic leaves next summer.
If.

Unread 05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
United won't consider selling Evans, he is impressive whenever he plays. He plays like a defender in his prime, so composed, can you both feet, doesn't affected my the pressure, atmosphere etc. Great player and will replace Vidic when Vidic leaves next summer.
yes you can

Unread 05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
yes you can
Bastard

So, back to the matter at hand....will Rooney be played central this season, or out wide...or has he never played out wide, just 'out to in' as he will this season?

Unread 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Bastard

So, back to the matter at hand....will Rooney be played central this season, or out wide...or has he never played out wide, just 'out to in' as he will this season?
will rooney's decision-making be good enough to justify giving him the free role he should've made his own by now?

Unread 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
will rooney's decision-making be good enough to justify giving him the free role he should've made his own by now?
I was only jokin Throb, chill out.

Rooney's progress has been hindered due to being played out of position, that's a fact I'm afraid. Sad to see as well.

Unread 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes.

Unread 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I was only jokin Throb, chill out.

Rooney's progress has been hindered due to being played out of position, that's a fact I'm afraid. Sad to see as well.
don't see it as a fact tbh

his role has largely been dictated by his finishing ability, his temperament, his touch and his decision-making imo

easy to forget his age as well, of course. still only 23 now.

Unread 05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Baron

Quote:
don't see it as a fact tbh

his role has largely been dictated by his finishing ability, his temperament, his touch and his decision-making imo

easy to forget his age as well, of course. still only 23 now.
'tis a good point.

I think Fergie has really tried to instill some kind of knowledge in the guy, not spoilt him, he knows he'll be here for his whole career (hopefully) & that he'll peak at 27/28 as he should. Knowing where the play is built from, awareness of everything around him. Everyone is in awe of what he can do, the ability is frightening, but harnessing it into a complete package on the pitch year in, year out is the ultimate aim.

The time is almost upon him to make the role his own, dictate that the team should be built around him. I don't think there's any shame in being 2nd best to Ronaldo for the last two seasons statistically. Ronnie was a phenomenal player & his stats almost defied belief, Rooney is to be a player that is a teams heartbeat and that's a little more tricky to quantify.
Closed Thread