United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Already wasting his time. Subbed again and looked understandably dejected. Won’t be long until United creep into his play and ruin him.

Worth stating again: 5 goals in 4 champions league games….all of them a consolation goal.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:50 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Already wasting his time. Subbed again and looked understandably dejected. Won’t be long until United creep into his play and ruin him.

Worth stating again: 5 goals in 4 champions league games….all of them a consolation goal.
They can't all have been a consolation goal. Actually or grammatically.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Wasting who's time ???

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
They can't all have been a consolation goal. Actually or grammatically.
Sorry, all of them consolation goals.

And I’ve no idea why she’s a slag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wasting who's time ???
His. Us. United.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Okaaaay....

He's a very young striker being eased in at a huge club, progress is great...

Unsure how we're wasting his time...

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Okaaaay....

He's a very young striker being eased in at a huge club, progress is great...

Unsure how we're wasting his time...
I’m upset. Let me lash out.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:02 AM
Ethers

What on earth do you mean by “consolation goals”?

Because I think you’ve misunderstood the term.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What on earth do you mean by “consolation goals”?

Because I think you’ve misunderstood the term.
Ok, ‘consolation’ is not the right word in the sense he isn’t scoring when we’re 4-0 down. I mispoke. I mean all of 5 of his goals have been in defeats and ultimately insignificant.

3 of the 5 gave us a lead and another put us 2 up. And we still ended up losing.

Feel for the lad that he’s doing his job and it not getting backed up elsewhere.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I’m upset. Let me lash out.
Sound...

He's on a very good trajectory imo.

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:24 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

His pace is frightening. Great to see we have a poacher again too

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:32 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Garnacho should have been instructed to square it for his second. Taking shot on was stupid. Got away with it due to poor goalkeeping fumbling shot but prime example of bad decision making that makes this attack impotent in vast majority of games

Unread 09-11-2023, 12:43 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Garnacho should have been instructed to square it for his second.
By whom and how? Do they wear earpieces now?

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:09 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
By whom and how? Do they wear earpieces now?
By the manager who has overseen one of the most objectively impotent attacks of any European Cup-qualifying team in the history of the 38 game season.

Guardiola's side made an art of running the flanks and squaring for tap ins. The shot from Garnacho was naive in the extreme. Those are transitional moments that the manager coaches. It should be absolute second nature for the winger to square the ball in that instance.

Hojlund, despite his obvious qualities, has no goals in 8 league games. That's on the manager for the way the attack is constructed & coached.

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:55 AM
croady26

Looks so much more threatening in Champions League,however the team behind him could see his competition over by mid December.

Unread 09-11-2023, 06:27 AM
AK14

Quote:

He was knackered so I’m not surprised he was subbed.

Unread 09-11-2023, 08:37 AM
My Name is Heath

He’s the brightest sweetcorn in the United turd right now.

It’s like seeing Gal Gadot working in Greggs.

Unread 09-11-2023, 09:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
He’s the brightest sweetcorn in the United turd right now.

It’s like seeing Gal Gadot working in Greggs.
We’re flakier than Greggs.

Unread 09-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He was knackered so I’m not surprised he was subbed.
This.

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
By the manager who has overseen one of the most objectively impotent attacks of any European Cup-qualifying team in the history of the 38 game season.

Guardiola's side made an art of running the flanks and squaring for tap ins. The shot from Garnacho was naive in the extreme. Those are transitional moments that the manager coaches. It should be absolute second nature for the winger to square the ball in that instance.

Hojlund, despite his obvious qualities, has no goals in 8 league games. That's on the manager for the way the attack is constructed & coached.
You mean in the same game in which the coach outlined instructions to the team that managed to get Højlund two goals? Including with 11 men were on course to smash the opponents out the park?

Garnacho is a teenager, he’s not the first one to ever make the wrong decision. (Even though the goal came off it, don’t care if it happens like that)

Teenager takes shot rather than pass. At 19 he should have had that coached out of him and be making the right decision each time ! ETH has got to go!

Unread 09-11-2023, 01:46 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You mean in the same game in which the coach outlined instructions to the team that managed to get Højlund two goals? Including with 11 men were on course to smash the opponents out the park?

Garnacho is a teenager, he’s not the first one to ever make the wrong decision. (Even though the goal came off it, don’t care if it happens like that)

Teenager takes shot rather than pass. At 19 he should have had that coached out of him and be making the right decision each time ! ETH has got to go!
Are you confused?

We've scored 70 league goals in 50 league games under Ten Hag.

Of the 17 teams who have played those 50, only 8 have scored less.

Brighton scored more last season alone than we have across both.

All football is a systems process. That's all it ever is. 11 components of a system. Occasionally you fall subject to variance (VAR; injuries etc.), but over time recognisable patterns form.

Hojlund's got 0 goals in 8 league games. Part of the pattern in our woeful attack. And yet, we all agree he has great qualities. So is the manager getting the most out of him in this system?

Garnacho taking the shot last night instead of the pass just typified why this attack has been flailing. We were lucky in that instance, as we're playing equivalent of a Championship or bottom-table team, and the keeper spilled it. But the poor decision making all remains as part of the bigger problem established over a long period of time.