United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Anonymous from McTominary. Embarrassingly so. Zero outlets.
He wishes it was anonymous.

It's worse than that. He's £#%&!ed up every time the ball has come near him.

He's been conspicuously terrible.

Medlock

Amrabat and Dalot should be sacked on the spot for that first half

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
This is how you'd expect relegation fodder to play at Anfield. Is this really what we've become? I reckon Sheff Utd or Luton would have carved out at least one or two chances by now.

We're properly shit.
To be expected considering the injuries tbf.

Luton or Sheffield United with our injuries would be 3-0 down by now.

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Need to take a few risks before sending it long, whicthey could’ve done beforehand
I would have done it the other way around. Play it safe and go long first 10-15 mins, make the crowd quiet and then begin to play your football.

But they don’t have any quality , nobody holds the ball for longer than 4-5 seconds? We are missing out on most if not all of the second balls. Both CMs on a yellow. He needs to stop the man marking and play we two CMs that are disciplined with regards to their position.

Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
We'd be losing if he set the team up to create chances here.
I mean c'mon though. There's a £#%&!ing limit.

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d go with that

There’s a chance he’d get sent off within 5 minutes though
That's fine, as long as he properly injures Salah or Van Dijk in the process.

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He gets absolutely no service pal. He’s always chasing half balls and scraps.

Need to judge his output when he starts getting more of the ball.
100% agree don’t get my wrong I’m a big fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Our midfield, on the occassions they are able to get hold of the ball are pinned back within 10 yards of our area. Him dropping further back will just leave him with even more to do if he ever gets it
Also agree but it just offers another outlet if he does drop. He’s a wasted player if he’s just sat on the defenders shoulder hoping for something over the top. Martial coupled do that.

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Fatigue, cards, subs ....

It's a risky time for Erik here.....

25 injuries deep at Anfield... 0-0... hold tight turtle head

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
This is how you'd expect relegation fodder to play at Anfield. Is this really what we've become? I reckon Sheff Utd or Luton would have carved out at least one or two chances by now.

We're properly shit.
Did you honestly think we were going to take the game to them? I’ve watched this fixture for over 40 years and we’ve rarely if ever done that. Playing like we are at the moment would be insanity.

These lot are top of the league and we’re struggling like £#%&!.

Nowt wrong with that 1st half.

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Play a 352 mejbri and rashford on. Play with a two up top and tell both strikers to stay forward for the long ball and to run the channels.

We don’t hold the ball long enough to play through or around them.

VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
I mean c'mon though. There's a £#%&!ing limit.
Erik has two modes of playing. Really don't want to see the other mode today, which meant conceding 30 odd goals in 10 odd away games or whatever it was.

He won't chase this game until we go one goal down (nor should he given everything we know about what happens to his sides when they chase games)

Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He HAS to take The Scottish Player off. He's managed to hide, be up front to no discernible effect, and has miscontrolled every pass he's received. Disgusting player.

I'd be amazed if he's completed a pass. Hasn't even managed to get himself booked because he hasn't put in a challenge.

Get Hannibal on to give these rats something to think about.
Get young Dan on and push Mainoo forward a bit

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Did you honestly think we were going to take the game to them? I’ve watched this fixture for over 40 years and we’ve rarely if ever done that. Playing like we are at the moment would be insanity.

These lot are top of the league and we’re struggling like £#%&!.

Nowt wrong with that 1st half.
It wasn’t a terrible half but it wasn’t good. Hardly nothing wrong if you’ve had 2 shots both off target .

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:29 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Play a 352 mejbri and rashford on. Play with a two up top and tell both strikers to stay forward for the long ball and to run the channels.

Can see him doing that late on, maybe

Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fatigue, cards, subs ....

It's a risky time for Erik here.....

25 injuries deep at Anfield... 0-0... hold tight turtle head
£#%&! me, you're about as brave as our players.

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

You've just written this about 10 posts ago.

It was complete bullshit then as well.

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Can see him doing that late on, maybe
I would want him to take The Scottish Player off but with both Amrabat and Mainoo on yellows more chance for one them being subbed .

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:

We're properly shit.
Reminded me of a League 1 team in a cup tie tbh. Unable to keep the ball whatsoever and pluckily holding on until the inevitable goal, after which they'll ship 2 or 3 more.

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You've just written this about 10 posts ago.

It was complete bullshit then as well.
Maybe I should be more like you and think to make snarky casual racist posts , thinking they’re funny , like “he’s booked kagawa” when the referee gave Endo a yellow card?

Get to £#%&!

Unread 17-12-2023, 06:32 PM
Danoli

He’s not going to take The Scottish Player off.

We need far more from him in this second half with the two other midfielders both on yellows.

Shaw, Varane and Evans having decent games.

Our front three aren’t getting any decent ball.

I’d love Rasmus to get a big chance.

No early gifts please.