United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I don't bother playing one player against another like some on here I am merely pointing out scholesy had a good game. He can be very very useful to us provided he is used correctly, which recently he has been. Look at his last 2 performances mate. Some sublime passing and excellent control.
exactly and id be a fool to not admit it.

no need to bring andersons indifferent performance into it especially when the same people refuse to call scholes on a poor game something ive seen alot of this season.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
not going.
Hope you are lending someone your season ticket, wouldn't want th seat to go to waste for such a big game.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
ex

no need to bring andersons indifferent performance into it especially when the same people refuse to call scholes on a poor game something ive seen alot of this season.
The £#%&!ing hypocrisy of that styatement is stunning even for you.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The £#%&!ing hypocrisy of that styatement is stunning even for you.
confirmed

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
exactly and id be a fool to not admit it.

£#%&!. ME. I cant believe you've got the neck to type that....

Anyway, people knocking Scholes have no idea. That much is obvious. And I'm not sure why these Scholes/Anderson comparisons are cropping up either. If Anderson becomes half the player of Scholes at his peak we'll all be £#%&!ing lucky bastards.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Spiffy

If Newcastle said Michael Owen was a world class striker and those slating him were wrong, we'd laugh. It's too soon to declare Scholes is one of the best midfielders in Europe, just as it is to declare Owen as one of the best strikers. They've both had good games but false starts previously. We can't take anything for granted. Let's just hope Scholes keeps it going.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not sure where anyone's said his performance was £#%&!tastic? I thought he was very good last night personally, along with Carrick and that they've been so now in the past 3 matches.
exactly

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If Newcastle said Michael Owen was a world class striker and those slating him were wrong, we'd laugh. It's too soon to declare Scholes is one of the best midfielders in Europe, just as it is to declare Owen as one of the best strikers. They've both had good games but false starts previously. We can't take anything for granted. Let's just hope Scholes keeps it going.
agreed which is why I haven't said he is one of the best in Europe?

he is good form and is not finished just yet, that's it.

Indeed, let's hope he keeps it going.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

[quote=Barca '91;]

Anyway, people knocking Scholes have no idea. That much is obvious. And I'm not sure why these Scholes/Anderson comparisons are cropping up either. If Anderson becomes half the player of Scholes at his peak we'll all be £#%&!ing lucky bastards.[/QUOTE]

top post

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
puressence

Quote:
false starts scholes wtf

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
false starts scholes wtf
We've thought he was "back" before but he's had relapses or other injuries. That's what I meant.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
We've thought he was "back" before but he's had relapses or other injuries. That's what I meant.
one of our best players last season in the Premiership

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Whalefish

Why do we need to keep pointing out that he misplaced some passes? It always happens. De Rossi gave the ball away a lot last night - a great midfielder, as did Carrick and Anderson. The latter in particular. Scholes throughout his entire career has misplaced passes. But it doesn't stop him - or any other midfielder who misplaces a handful of passes - having good games. He was very good last night.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Why do we need to keep pointing out that he misplaced some passes? It always happens. De Rossi gave the ball away a lot last night - a great midfielder, as did Carrick and Anderson. The latter in particular. Scholes throughout his entire career has misplaced passes. But it doesn't stop him - or any other midfielder who misplaces a handful of passes - having good games. He was very good last night.
Spot on sir.

Unread 02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
i loved his misplaced pass for ronnies header

Unread 02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I think everyone in the Roma box bar Ronaldo and Scholes thought it was misplaced

Unread 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Tiberian

Misplaced passes are not an issue with Scholes. It is the defensive side of his game which is the problem, and his general fitness levels. Even last night there were a few occasions when he was caught by a runner.

He has always had that weaker side to his game, but he gives you so much on the ball and in terms of control you accept it. At times recently that balance has shifted to his weaknesses being more prevalent than his strengths.

Still have to be careful when we use him, if nothing else the composure he can bring to the team off the bench is a great asset, but his form recently demands inclusion.

Against barca with the movement they have he might be a problem.

Unread 02-04-2008, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Unread 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
As was already mentioned it seems as if there's a Scholes thread after every game, I'm just bored of them - everything you've said there in bold is bang on - don't have any issue with people expressing an opinion that one of our legends isn't finished, it's all %@#$&!s. However, I was getting the %@#$&! ache with him mis-placing passes last night 40 yards from either goal, simple passes at that & I'm sure everyone will agree Scholes is at his best when playing one or two touch football, he was dawdling a bit last night & things like that are unlike the great man.
okay fair enough I understand what you are getting at.
Closed Thread