United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Uh-oh.

Zorg and TT on the same thread together.

Again.

And this time, it's political.

Zorg with his burning oil drum and boys from the blackstuff duffel coat and tash against TT with his thickly lined pin stripe Alan B'astard suit with patent leather shoes.

Zorg having landed the 1st blow stands relaxed warming his hands at the fire whilst giving a knowing smile to his commrades.

But the audience becomes confused.

Has TT landed a punch? Did he intend to? People look at each other and shrug shoulders.

I actually didn't understand his point.

But that might be my fault.

An update to follow.
very good.

I actually agree with everything TT has said here.

motwyw.

Unread 13-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

For the wont of money is the root of all evil. Not entirely sure I know the proper context of that quote or the passage it is taken from. But it makes sense to me, all the same.
Something in the Bible isn't it? Probably.

Unread 13-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
me too, but lets not forget the scousers

heysel - thatchers excuse to begin the gentrification of a working class sport

hillsborough - perfect opportunity for her to influence the taylor report to recommend all seater stadia, thus pushing prices up beyond the pocket of many

no doubt toilet sniffer will respond with documentary evidence it was nye bevans fault
Here's my defence of Thatcher's all seating policy.

The country was led by a Prime Minister with no interest in football. At the time of Heysel and Hillsborough, the media protrayed football fans as hooligans out to cause trouble with no respect and constant pitch invasions.

She was advised by people and she went with the recommendations. She didn't know any difference. It was a knee jerk reaction that was ill conceived - just like most knee jerk reactions.

Thatcher didn't introduce electric fences in stdia, when they came down they had to have some way of keeping fans under control.

I believe that any Prime Minister at the time would have done the same, especially one with no interest in football. I include in that Major, Blair and Brown.

Hate Thatcher all you want, this was done on her watch but you can't just blame her for this and I can't see any reason for her to have vetoed it.

I wonder if New Labour will allow all seater stadia, they've had 10 years so far and have done nothing, they don't look likely to change their position either.

Unread 13-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
i don't see why our success should fund lower clubs. our merchandising is a spin off of our success.
but on the other hand it's the league (competitions, anyhoo) United plays in that brings it the media exposure to make most of that merchandising profit from people who have rarely if ever set foot in Manchester never mind OT.
Closed Thread