United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Whalefish

I'll suck off a bull terrier if Blackburn get anything from tonight's game.

Easy 3-0 win for Arsenal.

Unread 11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
legendary saf

I would go with the same team as Violater.

it's become a must win game now for us, cannot afford to go into Lyon away with 3 winless games behind us.

We'll win anyway, Arsenal apart from last weekend in recent weeks haven't been that spectacular and I certainly don't think we have too much to fear.

Unread 11-02-2008, 02:21 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'll suck off a bull terrier if Blackburn get anything from tonight's game.

Easy 3-0 win for Arsenal.
unfortunately blackburn have quite a few players out. nft.

Unread 11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
unfortunately blackburn have quite a few players out. nft.
Who'll be back when we go to Ewood Park. One of our harder away matches in recent years.

Unread 11-02-2008, 02:34 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Who'll be back when we go to Ewood Park. One of our harder away matches in recent years.
Riverside tends to be quite an arsey fixture aswell.

£#%&! me April will be interesting;

Arsenal come to our place, we go away to Boro, Blackburn and Chelsea.

It all depends on those fixtures, if we can get a win against Arsenal at home which is very possible it should give us the confidence to win the others. Honestly think Stamford Bridge is nowhere near as hard as it used to be, even the murderers are getting points from it in the league now. Yes they'll get players back but even with those players they have looked a lot more vulnerable than in their Mourinho days.

That team was just robotic.

I still think we'll win the league.

Unread 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
The Arsenal Cup game carries a lot of importance IMO.

Arsenal are in a very strong position in the league, and despite many on here thinking they're going to fall to pieces - it won't happen by itself. Someone is going to have to come along and beat them comprehensively, in order to affect them psychologically.

Let's face it, we are the best bet to do that - so this Cup game could be very pivotal to how the rest of the season pans out ... certainly domestically. Think of how the winning and losing teams will feel afterwards.

Although I agree that the team in that first post is just about our best at present, I very much doubt SAF does. He £#%&!s over experience, I'd be surprised to see both Scholes and Giggs missing.

I don't think he'd fancy losing to Arsenal in any competition at this stage, for fear of what the knock on effect could be for the rest of the League season - he'll really want Arsenal to have to face that instead.
Not so sure. The last time they knocked us out of the cup (not in the final), we were at home and went on to win the league.

Unread 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

we could beat arsenal 10-0 and it still won't make up for that yesterday.

Unread 11-02-2008, 04:01 PM
S/Side.Red

If that team started I'd probably use Carrick and Hargreaves as a double-pivot, with Anderson in a free playmaker role ahead of them. I would still start Scholes. With another man in midfield behind him in Carrick and Anderson to put pressure on the opposition inside their half there'd be less running for Scholes to do and I think we'd get the best out of him. Carrick as the holding man with Scholes and Anderson ahead of him, for me.

Fergie's got the perfect excuse to leave Giggs out with the Lyon game to follow and the perfect excuse to keep the same side if we beat Arsenal. Sad to say but he needs to experiment with different players, even if it means leaving the captain on the bench.

Unread 11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
marlo he isnt a good player .that 17 mill £#%&!ed on him could have bought anelka .. park is miles better

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
park is an excellent player ands adds loads of guile and craft to the team and doesnt dissappear when the going gets tough

Unread 11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Rhodzy

Remember that Cacapa is better than Rio and Cahill is better than Scholes.

Unread 11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Park in the same sentence as 'guile' and 'craft' is just priceless
Closed Thread