United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2007, 08:48 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
ridiculous. gerrard would be completely out of his depth trying to match the movement in the United team. it would take him at least until next season to even begin to grasp it and that's assuming he'd even be good enough to get the chance.
Fair play, I'm pretty blinkered at the best of times but saying a player like Gerrard couldn't get in Utd's team when guys like Nani, Park and a 35 year old Ryan Giggs can is pretty impressive.

Unread 28-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Fair play, I'm pretty blinkered at the best of times but saying a player like Gerrard couldn't get in Utd's team when guys like Nani, Park and a 35 year old Ryan Giggs can is pretty impressive.
Nani and Park are not first choice. If you think Gerrard would get in at the expense of Giggs you're mad. But then again you are the guy who has slated Scholesy for the past year.

Ryan Giggs is 34 btw.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:20 PM
puressence

gerrard would walk into utds team

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
you not having a £#%&!ing clue about United's movement, it's far more impressive to see you still have the cheek to comment. i know, let's tie Ronaldo to the left flank, sack Giggs and Nani, and play someone from an entirely different football philosophy on the right wing. good plan einstein. we also have the central midfield sewn up before you even dream of sacking any of our other players.

Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
other than utd players....

cahill

fabregas

adebayour

malbranque

robbbie keane

petrov at city " world class"

lescott

essien

Your football opinions revolve around the Sun's dream team.

I bet you a pie Petrov wouldn't have been on your list yesterday.

24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Nani and Park are not first choice. If you think Gerrard would get in at the expense of Giggs you're mad. But then again you are the guy who has slated Scholesy for the past year.

Ryan Giggs is 34 btw.

Giggs has setup more goal scoring chances than any other prem player this season (42)

Alright, I got this fact from nuts, but it's there in the opta stats too.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
where would you play him?

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:27 PM
24hr Leavesey

Gerrard in the current united team ? No £#%&!ing chance.

Someone metioned his lack of tactical nous and they're spot on. Except it's not that really is it ? It's because Gerrard plays for personal glory and nothing else. His england performances should tell everyone this.

There is no way he is a United player.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Gerrard in the current united team ? No £#%&!ing chance.

Someone metioned his lack of tactical nous and they're spot on. Except it's not that really is it ? It's because Gerrard plays for personal glory and nothing else. His england performances should tell everyone this.

There is no way he is a United player.
over here

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:36 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
over here
Take a bow, you're spot on.

The thing is, he knows full well he can only ever be Stevie Gee at Anfailed. If he moved to a bigger club he'd flounder.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:39 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Take a bow, you're spot on.

The thing is, he knows full well he can only ever be Stevie Gee at Anfailed. If he moved to a bigger club he'd flounder.
Agree with that.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near United.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:51 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with that.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near United.
I don't even agree he'd get in the team on merit even. He is simply a very good, yet overrated player at a very good, yet overrated football club.

The perfect compliment.

Unread 28-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Stickman

Scott brown

Apart from having a strike on him I can't really see it with elano.

Like ballack, always on the fringe.

Unread 28-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Ryan Giggs is 34 btw.

Spot on Ether.

Unread 28-12-2007, 10:28 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
comfirmation that gerrard wouldnt get in uniteds team.

Unread 28-12-2007, 10:31 PM
marlo stansfield

gerrard would not get in any of the top fours central midfield central midfield starting line ups.

this says it all really.

Unread 28-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
comfirmation that gerrard wouldnt get in uniteds team.

Closed Thread