United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
The only people that don’t like brown are these ‘championship manager’ types who would prefer we spent 10m on a new right back who can play centre half from Ethiopia or something. As for Brown>Neville, I don’t quite agree with that but when Neville isn’t fit I am more than happy to see brown in the side. There’s absolutely no reason why brown cant be groomed if you like to play right back when Neville does retire.
I prefer to simpson because he is a full back and good cross on him. Is pacy and a good first touch with decent vision. Where is he from? My dear, from england!!

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
£#%&! off asshole.

gary neville is best right back in england for 10 years or so.

we brown has not even been our best defender for so long. Even £#%&!ing O shea has been preferred to him quite a few times.

There can be no comparison b/n brown as a RB and neville as a RB. one is a average/sometimes decent/sometimes shit vs a consistently superb right back.
Asshole?

Sorry perhaps I should have been a bit clearer as to the bit I was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharath
Brown can't cross a ball for £#%&! which is one of the main attributes of fullback. His touch is like an elephant and what more, his defending is a bit suspect at fullback with him caught ball watching.
Idiot

Was is you that referred to Wes as 'utter shite' btw? If it wasn't you it was probably the other know nowt mong Legendary saf.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Asshole?

Sorry perhaps I should have been a bit clearer as to the bit I was referring to.

Idiot

Was is you that referred to Wes as 'utter shite' btw? If it wasn't you it was probably the other know nowt mong Legendary saf.
I had said "he has been shit at rightback" earlier in the season which he was. He has become better defensively now but attacking wise he is pretty much shit.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
borsuk

brown has developed into a good rb who looks at home. no problems with doubting him initially - it's taken him quite a while to really reach a high level but he deserves a lot of credit for getting there.

having said that, neville has been one of the best (cafu the best?) in his position for years. rarely makes a mistake, has all the attributes and has united in his blood. if he were fit and in form then he would be the first choice rb and wes would be on the bench. but he's not fit and we're lucky to have wes to cover.
Closed Thread