United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
De Zerbi, Tuchel, Southgate, Pochettino just absolutely £#%&!ing not. Do not want any of them anywhere near the club.

McKenna, too early to tell, let him go to Brighton, or better yet, stay at Ipswich and continue to progress.

There’s not a manager out there we ‘have to get’. Miles better to maintain some stability, work with the one we’ve got and continue to build a stable structure above and improve the squad, nqat.

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:29 PM
Neo

Exclamation

De Zerbi, ffs.

Get him and we might as well get that Michael Jackson statue from Fulham, too.

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:57 PM
Finport Red

I hate this thread. Gives me anxiety every time I see it near the top of the page.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:03 PM
browser

I don’t understand the De Zerbi hype at all. He’s done absolutely nothing.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
It’s because he sets up his teams to play out from the back with a general focus on possession. That’s it. That’s all you have to do these days to be considered a top tier manager. It doesn’t matter if the team you manage lacks the personnel capable of relying on possession play; that just means the players aren’t good enough for that kind of elite, mind blowing system.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
It’s because he sets up his teams to play out from the back with a general focus on possession. That’s it. That’s all you have to do these days to be considered a top tier manager. It doesn’t matter if the team you manage lacks the personnel capable of relying on possession play; that just means the players aren’t good enough for that kind of elite, mind blowing system.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Had a decent first season with them, didn't win anything and went on to only win 7 games in his last 32 but .....

Yeah, get the zebra in....

Waxwork #@&%!.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:20 PM
jem

Quote:
hang on. you're describing 10h and our main problem this season.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
hang on. you're describing 10h and our main problem this season.
I was actually gonna do a one liner about it being interesting that Pep’s little minions all get a free pass and the players get the blame, yet here it’s all on Erik.

However I don’t think there’s a particular emphasis on possession under ETH.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:36 PM
jem

Quote:
However I don’t think there’s a particular emphasis on possession under ETH.
now you're just restating the problem.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:36 PM
BigRonManager

Hate to say it, but big Sam is right. You now have this legion of young managers who all seem to think football needs to be played a certain way - some minor hybrid of the Guardiola way - or you're a dinosaur.

Me and my son went to watch a neighbours kid's school match the other day, and they were trying to play out the back - goalie to cb, etc. Conceded 4 goals doing it. Carried on because apparently, "that's the way they play".

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Hate to say it, but big Ned is right. You now have this legion of young managers who all seem to think football needs to be played a certain way - some minor hybrid of the Guardiola way - or you're a dinosaur.

Me and my son went to watch a neighbours kid's school match the other day, and they were trying to play out the back - goalie to cb, etc. Conceded 4 goals doing it. Carried on because apparently, "that's the way they play".
Thanks mate.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
De Zerbi, Tuchel, Southgate, Pochettino just absolutely £#%&!ing not. Do not want any of them anywhere near the club.

McKenna, too early to tell, let him go to Brighton, or better yet, stay at Ipswich and continue to progress.

There’s not a manager out there we ‘have to get’. Miles better to maintain some stability, work with the one we’ve got and continue to build a stable structure above and improve the squad, nqat.
This with cherries on top.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:53 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Thanks mate.
Some story eh?

I've got more if you're interested. pm me.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:55 PM
croady26

If INEOS keep Erik then the supposed "social media fans" will complain, however if they sack him then fan channels and matchgoers will scream British Glazers at them. Basically to sum it up they can't win whatever decision they make.

Unread 27-05-2024, 04:01 PM
Dr Stranger

So far today, we’ve had:

He’s staying
He’s gone
Nothing happens until today’s review
Brailsford likes Southgate
McKenna impressed the most
They’ve spoken to RDZ

In short, they haven’t a £#%&!ing clue what’s going on

Unread 27-05-2024, 04:02 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
If INEOS keep Erik then the supposed "social media fans" will complain, however if they sack him then fan channels and matchgoers will scream British Glazers at them. Basically to sum it up they can't win whatever decision they make.
Well considering matchgoers put money into the club and @PochAura2018 puts absolutely £#%&! all in, I think yes they can win

And I'd be extremely concerned if Mr Marginal gains is browsing twitter looking for sentiments and not using his eyes and ears on Saturday

Unread 27-05-2024, 04:04 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
@PochAura2018 puts absolutely £#%&! all in
Harsh on Saffers, he's bought a couple of bits from the MegaStore online, IIRC.

Unread 27-05-2024, 04:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
So far today, we’ve had:

He’s staying
He’s gone
Nothing happens until today’s review
Brailsford likes Southgate
McKenna impressed the most
They’ve spoken to RDZ

In short, they haven’t a £#%&!ing clue what’s going on