United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Give him a third series, you shits?
Yes 83 79.05%
Nah, but thanks 13 12.38%
Need to sleep on it as I'm too emotive rn 9 8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 27-05-2024, 07:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I've softened over the weekend and having read this thread and some of the viewpoints....

I'm aware that could be the jubilation typing and that I could well kick myself for wavering come October.

A huge part of me wants him to stick it right up the %@#$&!s of the media. Foe one, that Lineker Shearer interview pissed me right off (Amidst the joy).
I wouldn’t even say we’d be kicking ourselves. Nothing wrong with him being on trial early part of next season. Giving him a chance doesn’t meant committing to him for years to come. If we see the same issues under a better structure, with new signings and fewer injuries, then we can be more confident that it’s time to move on. Now, I think there will always be that element of ‘what if’. There seems to he enough doubt to stick with him. And it’s hardly like we’re passing up any outstanding alternatives. A lot of managerial appointments come down to timing. Who knows what the managerial landscape is going to look like in six months

Unread 27-05-2024, 08:00 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
The League position stattos are all another odd part of modern football culture, to me. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a £#%&! where we finish in the League unless its 1st place.

I find the obsession with 'top 4' all a bit strange, as unless you think United have got a genuine chance of winning the Champions league, what's the point of being in it.

I'd much rather have won the FA Cup this season and finished 8th, compared with scraping 4th and finishing without a trophy. Silverware is etched into a club's history for all time; top 4 finishes aren't.

Winning the two domestic trophies in his first two seasons, whilst building a new side smattered with exciting youth, is a good platform for ten Hag to mount a title challenge in his third season, especially with Klopp gone. To throw that all away for a Pochettino who has never won anything, or a Tuchel who leaves every club under a cloud, would be madness IMO.
You don't half post some shit sometimes.

But that, is spot on

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:30 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post

But that, is spot on
C’mon mate…. He calls league position a “stat” and you say spot on.

Also, I suppose someone should have told Dortmund not to bother entering the CL this season as it’s only for teams who have a chance of winning it.

And what is this madness that says 8th is the price we pay for winning a pot? Is it not possible to do relatively well in multiple competitions then? I seem to recall us doing that once.

Spot on.

Unread 27-05-2024, 11:27 AM
The taste of...

Building something. Let the suits set up sign the necessary players

Unread 27-05-2024, 11:41 AM
dunk

Sort him a proper fitness coach, replace the outgoing players with youth, vigour and ability and let him crack on. Give us another year to properly stabilise behind the scenes and identify a proper replacement should it not work out.

Unread 27-05-2024, 11:50 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post

But that, is spot on

Unread 27-05-2024, 11:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Can't help but think big ron is going to explode if ETH stays. Been properly rattled the last couple of days...

Unread 27-05-2024, 11:54 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Can't help but think big ron is going to explode if ETH stays. Been properly rattled the last couple of days...
Yep. Magic has also been windmilling a bit but I think that’s just to save face after spearheading the ETH Out campaign for the last month or two.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:02 PM
pedr0

I was leaning ETH in until reading the absolute mess of an argument put forward by his fan boys.

so now we don't want to qualify for the champions league, we're happy to finish eighth and ride our luck in the cup competitions??

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:07 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
I was leaning ETH in until reading the absolute mess of an argument put forward by his fan boys.

so now we don't want to qualify for the champions league, we're happy to finish eighth and ride our luck in the cup competitions??
You have used the pejorative term "fan boys" so your argument is null and void.

Please try again later.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:11 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Rattled saying he should get another year?

But yeah you’re right, my head really will explode if they do what I voted for in the poll.

Dolt.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:11 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Rattled saying he should get another year?

But yeah you’re right, my head really will explode if they do what I voted for in the poll.

Dolt.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:12 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post

Correct. These boys really know how to £#%&! up their own arguments.

Unread 27-05-2024, 01:44 PM
larry

Cool

Quote:
neo running with my opinions as his own again, love to see it

Unread 27-05-2024, 01:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
The League position stattos are all another odd part of modern football culture, to me. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a £#%&! where we finish in the League unless its 1st place.

I find the obsession with 'top 4' all a bit strange, as unless you think United have got a genuine chance of winning the Champions league, what's the point of being in it.

I'd much rather have won the FA Cup this season and finished 8th, compared with scraping 4th and finishing without a trophy. Silverware is etched into a club's history for all time; top 4 finishes aren't.

Winning the two domestic trophies in his first two seasons, whilst building a new side smattered with exciting youth, is a good platform for ten Hag to mount a title challenge in his third season, especially with Klopp gone. To throw that all away for a Pochettino who has never won anything, or a Tuchel who leaves every club under a cloud, would be madness IMO.
‘You must spread’ etc.

Unread 27-05-2024, 01:49 PM
larry

rep farming at its finest
i don't even mind, it's fine

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:14 PM
BigRonManager

Does anyone know of a good source for reliable league position stats?

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Does anyone know of a good source for reliable league position stats?
I like www.bigsuzistats.com

Covers all the positions.

Unread 27-05-2024, 02:57 PM
Bunker Buster

76%

Some great names in there .... Ball knowers.

Unread 27-05-2024, 03:28 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post

one minute we want to mantain high standards, the next we justify poor performances because they like the wierd socially awkward poor manager