United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-05-2024, 06:47 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
no. he didn't close players down, he jogged about, he gave up every time he was up against walker. he played one (very) good pass and that was £#%&!ing it. he would have had a goal if var had given a generous review of nacho mistiming his run, so he should have credit for that, too. but, really, his only consistent contribution was to stop walker going forward and any @#%&! could do that.

how low is the bar if what he did is considered "putting in the effort"? ffs, bruno puts in effort... even when his form is poor. that is where the bar should be. hojlund knows. rashford is a £#%&!ing tart who needs a kick up the arse.
Have to say, I was desperate for him to prove us all wrong yesterday but I agree with Jems assessment here, found myself shouting at him to run, put a foot in etc but he seemed to be just going through the motions.

Good pass though Tbf. But not enough and the tears at the end looked to me like he knows he’s off.

Unread 26-05-2024, 07:34 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Don’t think he’s fully fit tbf. Much better him there than Antony for example

Unread 26-05-2024, 07:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
no. he didn't close players down, he jogged about, he gave up every time he was up against walker. he played one (very) good pass and that was £#%&!ing it. he would have had a goal if var had given a generous review of nacho mistiming his run, so he should have credit for that, too. but, really, his only consistent contribution was to stop walker going forward and any @#%&! could do that.

how low is the bar if what he did is considered "putting in the effort"? ffs, bruno puts in effort... even when his form is poor. that is where the bar should be. hojlund knows. rashford is a £#%&!ing tart who needs a kick up the arse.

In hindsight agree with this, thought he was better yesterday but that's because he looked half arsed as opposed to not arsed.

Decent pass for the 2nd but otherwise ineffective.

The tears at full time tells the story

Unread 26-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Neo

Football

Was brilliantly effective for large parts, particularly during the first half where so much went down our left side.

I called it before the game that his pace would cause havoc for Walker, and he really pinned the City full back. How many times did Walker advance into our final third?

That long ball out to Garnacho in the build-up for Mainoo's goal was the pass of the match outside of Bruno's assist.

Walker will likely be off to Saudi Arabia this summer, and the reports will claim its largely a result of him running away from his extra-marital affairs, and the multiple children birthed by women other than his wife, but Rashford would also have contributed to the decision. He will be having nightmares about that game yesterday for a long old time, mark my words.

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:13 PM
Dacter

Quote:

A stark, but fair, assessment.

I fully respect the opinions of (most of) the people here saying he did okay, but I honestly think they’ve all been gaslit by his usual pathetic efforts into thinking that yesterday he turned up in any fashion.

Hit one lovely ball, ran about a bit, but any hint of a 50-50 ball or 1v1 dual and he shot back into his shell like a tortoise on amphetamine.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:02 PM
dunk

I’d take £100m for him from PSG, ideally though he has a long summer rest, resets and comes back flying next year.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

the ball he played out to garnacho for our 2nd goal was absolutely world class.

You can't do that if you're a shit footballer, which he clearly isn't

His problem is in his head, he needs professional help to sort it out because i've never seen someone look so utterly dejected after winning a cup.

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
the ball he played out to garnacho for our 2nd goal was absolutely world class.

You can't do that if you're a shit footballer, which he clearly isn't

His problem is in his head, he needs professional help to sort it out because i've never seen someone look so utterly dejected after winning a cup.
Marlo’s running him close imo

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:25 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Marlo’s running him close imo

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Doesn't make it easy to like him does he....

Maybe just stfu and go on holiday...

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:07 PM
The taste of...

Wish it was off socials for the rest of his career

Fear he’s going radio silent in case Eric gets potted

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
he might have to run for the plane.

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:29 PM
BigRonManager

This generation just can’t handle any criticism can they? They’re so £#%&!ing fragile.

Here’s an idea...you don’t want criticism, put in a shift, stop running into full backs and show up on time.

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/s...05RehL3Qg&s=19

He's such an hysterical fanny. The black Jez Quigley.

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:51 PM
silv

anyone seen Heathers and Rashford in the same room?

Unread 27-05-2024, 10:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Here’s an idea...you don’t want criticism, put in a shift, stop running into full backs and show up on time.
this. obvs.

you can't say it means something if you're just £#%&!ing jogging. form goes up and down. effort shouldn't. that's why people are unforgiving

Unread 28-05-2024, 01:26 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
He's such an hysterical fanny. The black Jez Quigley.
Nice little Corrie reference

Unread 28-05-2024, 02:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/s...05RehL3Qg&s=19

I know, the grammar in that last sentence is upsetting.

Unread 28-05-2024, 08:51 AM
Dacter

Ye gods, the boy is a complete tit.

Unread 28-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Finport Red

He wasn’t making much of a job of ‘all sticking together’ when he was stumbling about belfast, not giving a toss about his teammates, manager or supporters earlier in the season.

Must be difficult getting attention in the summer when the season is over and you haven’t been picked for the National squad.