United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:15 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Had Martinez and Varane been able to play consistently together all season, we'd be far higher up the table.
had he picked a solid midfield to take account of their absence, we would also be higher up the table.

kudos for the huge chunks comment, though. a reminder that we should have kept reguilon.

it was a great win, but city didn't take their chances and their big mistake gifted us the lead. our big mistake didn't matter. you can't win a league with performances like those against liverpool, coventry and city.

injuries are not an excuse. they are an opportunity to demonstrate your adaptability and management. there is no excuse for finishing 8th and for some of the hapless and chaotic performances. none.

instead of whining about the players he didn't have available, look at what he did with those that were available.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:30 AM
History

Left thinking about something Keane said being interviewed about missing the final in 99

Paraphrasing but something along the lines of Sport is only about disappointments with brief peaks of success.

I'm really £#%&!ing enjoying this one

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
Left thinking about something Keane said being interviewed about missing the final in 99

Paraphrasing but something along the lines of Sport is only about disappointments with brief peaks of success.

I'm really £#%&!ing enjoying this one
Exactly. In terms of tangible success, there’s 3 trophies at stake, 4 if you’re in Europe. Most teams aren’t capable and will never get near any of them. Others are and still won’t win them. Most teams don’t win things, most of the time.

So enjoy these moments. They’re rare.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:37 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
So enjoy these moments. They’re rare.
who's not enjoying it?

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:46 AM
AK14

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:53 AM
AK14

Lol

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:58 AM
redhegemony

Top day out including a Wimpy.. the only real disappointment was that Wimpy have replaced the trademark 🍅 ketchup dispensers with bottles.

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:01 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Top day out including a Wimpy.. the only real disappointment was that Wimpy have replaced the trademark 🍅 ketchup dispensers with bottles.
I’m convinced having a Wembley Wimpy should be a United rite of passage

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:05 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Many, many years of adolescent schoolboy giggling when going in just so you could order a 'bender'.

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:13 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Great striker, not a great player. Bangs in hat tricks against Bournemouth, but doesn't win you the big games. Hojlund will be better soon.

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
who's not enjoying it?
City 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Great striker, not a great player. Bangs in hat tricks against Bournemouth, but doesn't win you the big games. Hojlund will be better soon.
Guardian article hitting the nail on the head: saying he elevates you when you’re good, but brings nothing when you’re not. Doesn’t lift his game when the chips are down. Doesn’t improve anyone around him.

For me, he’s a microcosm of what they are: a robotic, roided up highly efficient machine. There’s no flair or glamour there at all

No surprise their biggest threat yesterday was Doku, who actually has a bit of individuality about him. Which is why Pep doesn’t start him.

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Dacter

Thank the Lord it’s a bank holiday weekend

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:39 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Takes the gloss of yesterday for me, this

Unread 26-05-2024, 12:03 PM
History

Been non stop united songs all morning in this household with the little un. Not stopped buzzing

Unread 26-05-2024, 12:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
Been non stop united songs all morning in this household with the little un. Not stopped buzzing
Mine hasn't spoken to me all day

Unread 26-05-2024, 12:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Takes the gloss of yesterday for me, this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Mine hasn't spoken to me all day

I'm not surprised tbh, you tight £#%&!er

Unread 26-05-2024, 12:22 PM
AK14