United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post

Larry and Jem are the same person. Twici.
I don't normally hand out bad rep, but I'm thinking of making an exception for this.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:46 AM
Tuco

M.O.M for me

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Delighted for Jem

Not against this at all, he's a good squad option based on the last few games.

Need a proper casemiro replacement though. Can't go into next season with only amrabat mctoms and mainoo as our only proper cm's. Obvs

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:29 PM
Dacter

Good end to the season, fantastic yesterday.

Playing Europa next season we’ll need bodies, and he’s got experience of European competition.

If we can get him for a reasonable fee I’d do it. Not going to be a regular starter but horses for courses.

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:30 PM
pedr0

he has shown how important it is to have that type of player in the team. someone to sit and break up play.

I thought that's what casemiro was but he doesn't have the discipline, and it would be a waste of mainoo's talent.

amrabat himself is not good enough to be the first choice in that role. he is absolute pony on the ball. but I'd be happy to keep him for 20m, as cover for an elite holding midfielder.

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:37 PM
Coracao

Should not be signed.

We need a couple of midfielders who aren't one paced.

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Delighted for Jem

Can't go into next season with only amrabat mctoms and mainoo as our only proper cm's. Obvs

mctog is not a proper cm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
he has shown how important it is to have that type of player in the team.
no shit.

we should have been playing him, cass and mainoo.

palhinha, obvs.

Unread 26-05-2024, 03:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

mctog is not a proper cm.

no shit.

we should have been playing him, cass and mainoo.

palhinha, obvs.

You know, I bring you the best news you've had since full time and I still get the roll eyes

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You know, I bring you the best news you've had since full time and I still get the roll eyes
Always get camp Carry On vibes from a jem eye roll. Never feels snide to me.

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:14 PM
Finport Red

He’s done enough over the past month to deserve a place in the squad. He’s been doing what I expected him to do when we signed him, to sit in front of the defence and give the others more of a licence to go forward. Amazing the difference playing a few games in a row can make to a player’s game. He was motm for me yesterday.

We still need at least 1 new midfielder though, 2 if Casemiro goes.

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:15 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Should not be signed.

We need a couple of midfielders who aren't one paced.
20m is peanuts for a decent back up. We need 2, and definitely aren’t going to get two who would expect to start.

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
20m is peanuts for a decent back up. We need 2, and definitely aren’t going to get two who would expect to start.
We need more athleticism in the middle of the pitch. His price for me is irrelevant, he isn't a player I'd purchase.

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:51 PM
redhegemony

Did a very sound job yesterday but the compressing of the space didn't expose his lack of pace but anyway thought he looked a bit quicker yesterday maybe it's just taken him time to get used to the pace of the League.

Thought his reading of the game was good.

I trust ETH to make the right call

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:58 PM
atticusgrinch

It's £20m. We've spent plenty more on plenty worse.

If Casemiro is off, we should keep him around imo. Plus get a better younger player who plays the same position obv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Did a very sound job yesterday but the compressing of the space didn't expose his lack of pace but anyway thought he looked a bit quicker yesterday maybe it's just taken him time to get used to the pace of the League.

Thought his reading of the game was good.

I trust ETH to make the right call

Unread 26-05-2024, 05:15 PM
jem

Quote:
it's not congrats to me. he's always been decent and the type of player we needed. you can see it as vindication, but I'm just frustrated about the hole in midfield all season. solid midfield and bruno with split strikers, given the players available? he still started mctog and rashford, of course, but we could have played that or similar all season.

Unread 26-05-2024, 06:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
it's not congrats to me. he's always been decent and the type of player we needed. you can see it as vindication, but I'm just frustrated about the hole in midfield all season. solid midfield and bruno with split strikers, given the players available? he still started mctog and rashford, of course, but we could have played that or similar all season.
I'm just frustrated about the hole in midfield the last 15 seasons

Unread 26-05-2024, 06:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
I feel you, brother.

Unread 26-05-2024, 06:38 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
true dat

Unread 26-05-2024, 11:58 PM
croady26

Depends how much they want for him, certainly found his feet last few games but could be too late

Unread 27-05-2024, 12:03 AM
Neo

Football

Thought he was decent yesterday, but other than that game and his debut, which I think was in the League Cup, I haven't really been impressed.

I just don't think he's got the pace and dynamism for the Premier League, and we need a more mobile, athletic midfielder.

£20m isn't much, but that's also money that could go towards another transfer.

Send him back to Italy, and look elsewhere for a permanent solution IMO.