United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:01 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
I said if we do manage to pull off a win, it will be hard to sack him. It’s not basing a decision on one game, but that game is the difference between winning something and not. Nobody is happy with the season as a whole, so to be able to rack up a trophy amidst all the chaos is impressive. And it wasn’t some easy run. We’ve beaten Liverpool and city to do it. It was close to a best 11 too and you could see the difference.

We should be able to manage the injuries better, of course, but they do explain why we haven’t seen the best of us or even how he truly wants us to play

There’s potential. Shoots of progress and some £#%&!ing good young players. Stick with it.
Too much emotion and not enough logic. Understandable because we’ve just won the cup and beaten the bitters in the process, but what came before it was just too bad.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:03 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
Seems I made the right choice in going with ITV.
I managed about five minutes of the match on bbc before switching over. Only switched back afterwards when two women came on itv to give their opinions.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Erik got it spot on today

Give him a pre-season and weed out bad eggs & we’ll be good with a couple of new faces

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Too much emotion and not enough logic. Understandable because we’ve just won the cup and beaten the bitters in the process, but what came before it was just too bad.
According to you.

According to plenty, the injuries and other issues over the course of the season are more than enough reason (or excuse, whatever you want to call it) for where we ended up.

Anyway let's not fight. We've won the cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
We’re Erik in. I said if he could pull this off then that’s it for me. Balls deep in.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I said it before the game. I’m ‘in’ and I haven’t changed my mind. The result hasn’t changed anything, simply reinforced it.

Before was bad. Too bad. Nobody thinks it’s ok. The question is whether we think it will be the same next season. I don’t. I get why people do and I’ve no issue with people thinking he should be sacked, but I think there’s enough reason and mitigating circumstances to keep him.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:05 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Too much emotion. £#%&! off. It's football, which is on the higher end of the spectrum when emotion is considered.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:06 PM
dunk

Nah. Erik in.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Dunk

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Nah. Erik in.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Lost the dressing room etc

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:13 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up

Great way to sign off.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:21 PM
History

Seen Ratcliffe refusing to answer questions on it.

Doesn't look good, but only a very select few Dutch managers get to go out in their second season after winning the F.a Cup final 2-1 with a youth graduate scoring the winner

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:21 PM
red in cumbria

I would completely understand the new regime not wanting to continue with EtH, but equally I can't complain if they do.

Pretty chilled about it either way after that.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
I would completely understand the new regime not wanting to continue with EtH, but equally I can't complain if they do.

Pretty chilled about it either way after that.
Certainly feel better about it after today. Either he stays, or goes out with tow trophies in two years. History will reflect well on him IMO

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:42 PM
My Name is Heath

Sad to see so many doubters of him.

He was dealt a tough hand and handled things manfully.

His bald head was full of crazy thoughts but he helped navigate us out of the Shit@#%&! Era.

For that, we should all be grateful.

One in the eye for all the negative Ten Outers.

You can sail off de Ruyter style.

You came. You shaw. You conkered.

You beautiful bald bastard. Totsiens.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:44 PM
suedeshoes

Perfect management today. Credit where its due

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:49 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark View Post
Too much emotion. £#%&! off. It's football, which is on the higher end of the spectrum when emotion is considered.
What the £#%&! are you talking about? You can’t make decisions like this based on emotion; it has to be logical.

You wanna talk about emotions? Ok, what about the emotions of finishing 8th in a 6 horse race? Or 4th in a 2 horse race? Or getting battered at home by £#%&!ing Fulham? We needed a millimetre to even get into the final against a second division team after being three goals up ffs. What, do we pretend none of this happened?

There’ll probably be the usual suspects barrelling in now to cry about bed wetting and not enjoying the day, but it’s all %@#$&!s. If all we were doing was gooning there’d be no need to say any of this, but that’s not what’s happening. Loads are saying keep him based on one game, one result, and it’s simply not logical. I dont care about ten Hag, or Bruno, or £#%&!ing Rashford, these are all just transient employees. I care about United, and what happened this year, despite today, was awful.

That said, great day....

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
What the £#%&! are you talking about? You can’t make decisions like this based on emotion; it has to be logical.

You wanna talk about emotions? Ok, what about the emotions of finishing 8th in a 6 horse race? Or 4th in a 2 horse race? Or getting battered at home by £#%&!ing Fulham? We needed a millimetre to even get into the final against a second division team after being three goals up ffs. What, do we pretend none of this happened?

There’ll probably be the usual suspects barrelling in now to cry about bed wetting and not enjoying the day, but it’s all %@#$&!s. If all we were doing was gooning there’d be no need to say any of this, but that’s not what’s happening. Loads are saying keep him based on one game, one result, and it’s simply not logical. I dont care about ten Hag, or Bruno, or £#%&!ing Rashford, these are all just transient employees. I care about United, and what happened this year, despite today, was awful.

That said, great day....
No one is saying keep him based on one game. Plenty are saying this one game proves, as he did last season, that he can coach a winning side when given the tools to do so I.e. a his first choice centre back pairing. We made city look average, I don't buy all this "off day" %@#$&!s. Keep compact and hit them where it hurts. We did.

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:01 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
No one is saying keep him based on one game. Plenty are saying this one game proves, as he did last season, that he can coach a winning side when given the tools to do so I.e. a his first choice centre back pairing. We made city look average, I don't buy all this "off day" %@#$&!s. Keep compact and hit them where it hurts. We did.
It is one game, what else did we do this year? And as delightful as that one game was, we’re still in a position where the only way we have a chance of beating them is using Ole’s tactics. Where’s the evolution in that? You can’t make managerial decisions based on a cup run, only the league and cl. We won the league cup last year and weeks later were getting done 7-0 at Anfield.

The point is not about whether he’s the right man for the job or not - I don’t know for sure he’s not. The point is that the doubt is significant; how can it not be? And if there’s that much doubt after two full seasons you have to move on.

Unread 25-05-2024, 07:03 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

That said, great day....
Not enjoying the day? £#%&! me. Enjoy the £#%&!ing day.