United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:12 PM
armchair

Fully expect us to lose and yet I'm hyped for some reason.

#magicofthecup

It's odd that we're probably the neutral's choice, as we're such underdogs. Sad! I hope city don't make it a borefest.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Always thought we would lose last year but the speed with which it happened was ridiculous. I probably watched about 20 mins of that match in total. Spent most of the day drinking in my mates garden listening to old records. Had a great day.

Same venue today and I suspect a similar afternoon ahead of me.
Back garden reds

Got a houseful of mates, siblings and kids arriving in an hour. A line dry out….Forza net up…fridge cans colour-coded…nothing will spoil this day.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:24 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Fully expect us to lose and yet I'm hyped for some reason.

#magicofthecup

It's odd that we're probably the neutral's choice, as we're such underdogs. Sad! I hope city don't make it a borefest.
Narrator : etc...

Don't think I'd go Wembley today on a freebie... Ball ache iast year and that was just the semi... Everything a faff and a pants pull down at every turn.... Or, im old...

Back garden reds we are here. Ban your women and I can't drink beer (today)

Post script - hang on, rains forecast? Doesn't look like it...

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:26 PM
flixton

What time is, "It's a Cup Final Knockout"?

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:27 PM
Dr Stranger

I can see us being up for it and having some good moments, but we’re not disciplined enough and simply too open as a team to have any genuine expectation to win.

We’ll need to be perfect and I don’t think we’re capable of being perfect.

If we can pull it off, it will be sensational result and I’ll go £#%&!ing mental

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers View Post
Back garden reds

Got a houseful of mates, siblings and kids arriving in an hour. A line dry out….Forza net up…fridge cans colour-coded…nothing will spoil this day.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:29 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton View Post
What time is, "It's a Cup Final Knockout"?
Not sure. It was about 20 seconds last year.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:32 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Not sure. It was about 20 seconds last year.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:35 PM
jem

has the feel of queuing up outside the beak's office for a caning.

prepare. try not to cry in front of the other boys. pretend it didn't hurt that much.

not a time for thinking maybe he's had a note from your parents and they are coming to take you for afternoon tea.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
has the feel of queuing up outside the beak's office for a caning.

prepare. try not to cry in front of the other boys. pretend it didn't hurt that much.

not a time for thinking maybe he's had a note from your parents and they are coming to take you for afternoon tea.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:41 PM
shenwen

Youngest asked if he could stay up to watch it. Had to say no. It's for his own good.

You'd like to think we have some chance, but let's be real, its title winners vs 8th. Think we will learn a lot in first ten minutes. If we park the bus again, it's going to be a long and painful day.

Unread 25-05-2024, 12:59 PM
Kent Brockman

I'm old enough to remember when fa cup final day was the biggest football day of the year. Despite the doom that I've felt all week, I've got butterflies in my stomach all morning because United are playing in the final today. We can't take days like this for granted, it could be years before we're here again. Let the result be what it's going to be. My youngest has got all of his mates coming round to watch and the sun is shining. Never doubt the ability of Manchester United to surprise us all. UTFR.

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:00 PM
believe

What kind of United fan wouldn’t watch this?

Admittedly thinks don’t look good but it’s a cup final and anything can happen.

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:01 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers View Post
nothing will spoil this day.
I could name 11

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:08 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post

You can see thinks? Wow!

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post

Genuinely bizarre to not watch us in an FA Cup final.

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:45 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Is this optimism just people trying to be top reds or just a bit of ‘look at me’?

Not saying blubbing like a fanny about losing is right either but £#%&!ing hell, this is weird place. Haven’t met a single United fan irl over the last couple of weeks that genuinely thinks we’re winning this. Yet on here it’s a mental institution.
The Power of the @#%&!.

Releases our inner self and makes us honest. Free from the shackles of Real Life.

3-2 to United.

TSP
Bruno
Dalot

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Good United turns up today.

Unread 25-05-2024, 01:49 PM
jem

I just look at 10h's face after coventry's phantom 4th. we could win. but anyone hoping for anything other than a lame capitulation is deluded.

Unread 25-05-2024, 02:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Come oooooooooon!