United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-05-2024, 08:42 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
I realise Dyche talking about Beckham is off topic , but 100% relates to Rashford imo

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7PPW...I3bnN4ZzJ6dGw0
Absolutely

Because of his celebrity, Beckham’s mental strength was massively underrated. That summer of 98 was the most abuse any player has ever received and ever will receive. He didn’t have the empathy of ‘be kind’ that we have now. It wasn’t behind the screen via twitter. It was in-person, vitriolic abuse

. Even news channels were blaming him and expecting him to take it all on the chin.

And he did. He followed it with a stellar season and the treble. Even later on in his career: fell out with fergie and goes and forges a career at Madrid. Frozen out by Cappello. Trains on his own and earns his place back.

Rashford and Beckham aren’t even in the same stratosphere when it comes to mentality or achievement and you couldn’t get a finer example of our change in standards through the years

Unread 24-05-2024, 08:50 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Other than that excellent strike, he was largely shit that game, wasn’t he?

Blazed at a couple of easier chances , and £#%&!ed up a position to put Kyle Walker under a huge amount of pressure by not being able to just head the ball forward into his path.
He was but if you're 2-1 down with 10 minutes left he is an option probably better than Bowen. Palmer though probably has that spot nailed on.

Unread 24-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
He was but if you're 2-1 down with 10 minutes left he is an option probably better than Bowen. Palmer though probably has that spot nailed on.
Genuinely looking forward to see exactly how southgate £#%&!s up with what is a really talented group of players.

Rice, Bellingham, Mainoo, Foden, Palmer would all walk into any team in the world,

Unread 24-05-2024, 09:30 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Genuinely looking forward to see exactly how southgate £#%&!s up with what is a really talented group of players.

Rice, Bellingham, Mainoo, Foden, Palmer would all walk into any team in the world,
Pickford and Maguire wouldn't which is a problem. But the front 6 are pretty impressive.

Unread 24-05-2024, 09:34 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
I know we like to look down on West Ham and their likes, but Bowen has been doing a seriously good job there for years.

You might be right. Rashford was rather under utilised at the last world cup wasn't he? A couple of decent cameos off the bench, then came back and had that cracking season.

His attitude this season doesn't allow me to look on him favourably though.

Unread 24-05-2024, 09:35 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
I know we like to look down on West Ham and their likes, but Bowen has been doing a seriously good job there for years.
Yeah would take Bowen over Rashford all day.

Unread 24-05-2024, 09:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Yeah would take Jim Bowen over Rashford all day.

agreed

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:12 PM
ScarFace

Crying in his last game?

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:20 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Crying in his last game?
I think so. He was stood away from everyone else before they went up for the trophy. I think that’s what ‘enough is enough’ was all about.

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Crying in his last game?
Could this day get any better?!

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I think so. He was stood away from everyone else before they went up for the trophy. I think that’s what ‘enough is enough’ was all about.
Yup. Actually thought he was alright today tbf, looked more interested than usual. But needs to move on

Unread 25-05-2024, 06:22 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Yup. Actually thought he was alright today tbf, looked more interested than usual. But needs to move on
Played very well in the first half. Faded after. I think we should stick Razzers up against Walker next time we play them. I think he’d finish him.