United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Also notable that the driver behind Beckham's workrate and professionalism was his dad who held him to an exceptionally high standard at all times and from whom Becks craved approval which rarely came, whereas I believe that Rashford was raised without a father.

Unread 22-05-2024, 01:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Also notable that the driver behind Beckham's workrate and professionalism was his dad who held him to an exceptionally high standard at all times and from whom Becks craved approval which rarely came, whereas I believe that Rashford was raised without a father.
Jesus

Unread 22-05-2024, 01:49 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 22-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Wtf !?!

Unread 22-05-2024, 02:10 PM
Neo

Football

Good news, this.

Hopefully gets him a much-needed rest over the summer so he can come back playing his best for United from August.

As I've said before, most don't realise the problems he will cause for Kyle Walker at Wembley on Saturday. There are not even a handful of players across the European continent with Marcus' ability to go each side of the opposing right back with ball at feet, drill shots at low, mid and high heights from a variety of angles following his cut-back from the left side, and penetrate the opposition box at pace with direct runs with and without the ball.

Haven't seen any of the City celebrations obviously from the weekend, but have heard from several people that Walker was centrally involved, and this reeks to me of him using distraction tactics on himself. When he's alone, away from the comfort bubble of the confetti and glitter of a title lift, he'll have one thing on his mind, and that will be struggling to find the solution to combat the only player in England that can beat him stride-for-stride, and that big Wembley pitch will provide the perfect canvas for his problems to manifest.

Unread 22-05-2024, 02:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Give it Ted Beckham till the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Good news, this.

Hopefully gets him a much-needed rest over the summer so he can come back playing his best for United from August.

As I've said before, most don't realise the problems he will cause for Kyle Walker at Wembley on Saturday. There are not even a handful of players across the European continent with Marcus' ability to go each side of the opposing right back with ball at feet, drill shots at low, mid and high heights from a variety of angles following his cut-back from the left side, and penetrate the opposition box at pace with direct runs with and without the ball.

Haven't seen any of the City celebrations obviously from the weekend, but have heard from several people that Walker was centrally involved, and this reeks to me of him using distraction tactics on himself. When he's alone, away from the comfort bubble of the confetti and glitter of a title lift, he'll have one thing on his mind, and that will be struggling to find the solution to combat the only player in England that can beat him stride-for-stride, and that big Wembley pitch will provide the perfect canvas for his problems to manifest.
ffs

Unread 22-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Good news, this.

ffs

Unread 22-05-2024, 03:22 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
wow.

Unread 22-05-2024, 03:25 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean View Post
wow.
It’s reminiscent of Kendrick calling Drake a #@&%!. It was all fun and games at first…

Unread 23-05-2024, 09:33 AM
thatsfuctit

I realise Dyche talking about Beckham is off topic , but 100% relates to Rashford imo

Unread 23-05-2024, 12:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Tbf I was raised without a father, which I firmly believe is the only reason I never made it as a professional footballer.

Unread 23-05-2024, 12:35 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Good news, this.

Do you use Chat GPT for every post nowadays?

Unread 23-05-2024, 02:33 PM
Buck

If England go on to win the tournament he's going to have a lot of regret. I thought Martial was hard done by not making the France squad in 2018 when they won the World Cup as his form up until Sanchez joined was very good and then he had to give way in the second half of the season. It's a different situation with Rashford who was given every chance to turn it around and a lot of the times it just looked like he was fed up of playing football rather than missing chances which even the best forwards can do. I guess from his point of view you look at the list and see Toney who was banned for half of the season being selected maybe he might feel he deserved some leeway given he's always been a regular for Southgate over the years.

The upside from a United point of view is it is probably the first time in years where he can have a clean break. Both to get his mind in good shape again but also physically since for his age he has played a huge amount of games and playing with injuries in the past. Best way to respond is to have his best season yet.

Unread 23-05-2024, 04:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If England go on to win the tournament he's going to have a lot of regret. I thought Martial was hard done by not making the France squad in 2018 when they won the World Cup as his form up until Sanchez joined was very good and then he had to give way in the second half of the season. It's a different situation with Rashford who was given every chance to turn it around and a lot of the times it just looked like he was fed up of playing football rather than missing chances which even the best forwards can do. I guess from his point of view you look at the list and see Toney who was banned for half of the season being selected maybe he might feel he deserved some leeway given he's always been a regular for Southgate over the years.

The upside from a United point of view is it is probably the first time in years where he can have a clean break. Both to get his mind in good shape again but also physically since for his age he has played a huge amount of games and playing with injuries in the past. Best way to respond is to have his best season yet.
Yep. At another club though.

Unread 23-05-2024, 04:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
bro how did we get here.

This thread was a mistake man!

Unread 23-05-2024, 05:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
bro how did we get here.

This thread was a mistake man!
So was Rashford from the sound of it

Unread 23-05-2024, 09:57 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
You do wonder actually
Whilst Im aware that, Southgate is suppossed to be red & yet I still doubt if he would be the right man for the United job, even if he has dropped Rashford, because doing that as England Manager is easy but if was to get The United job he would have the commercial department informing him that Rashford has to start as often as poss due to that crazy big contract he signed last summer

Unread 24-05-2024, 01:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
Whilst Im aware that, Southgate is suppossed to be red & yet I still doubt if he would be the right man for the United job, even if he has dropped Rashford, because doing that as England Manager is easy but if was to get The United job he would have the commercial department informing him that Rashford has to start as often as poss due to that crazy big contract he signed last summer
I do not buy this whatsoever.

Unread 24-05-2024, 08:30 AM
redhegemony

Short sighted not to take Rashford. Obviously not a starter on current form but someone from the bench who has played in high pressure games and can produce moments eg City.

Unread 24-05-2024, 08:40 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Short sighted not to take Rashford. Obviously not a starter on current form but someone from the bench who has played in high pressure games and can produce moments eg City.
Other than that excellent strike, he was largely shit that game, wasn’t he?

Blazed at a couple of easier chances , and £#%&!ed up a position to put Kyle Walker under a huge amount of pressure by not being able to just head the ball forward into his path.