United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Sky reporters with Eddie Howe literally making out the penalty has done for them and they should've won comfortably
That was as good a chance as they'll ever get again to beat us at old trafford in the league. That's the weakest United side i've seen in 30 years and they still couldn't manage it.

5 players on our starting line up cost absolutely nothing.

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That was as good a chance as they'll ever get again to beat us at old trafford in the league. That's the weakest United side i've seen in 30 years and they still couldn't manage it.

5 players on our starting line up cost absolutely nothing.
Mate, they've had....INJURIES! Have you not heard?

I'd just like add - this was my first ever match day thread.

You're welcome.

*Alexa, play "Wind of Change by the Scorpions*

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:14 PM
avocado

Quote:
that'll be the newcastle fans
It was indeed. And pretty clearly so.

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Mate, they've had....INJURIES! Have you not heard?

You're welcome.

Alexa

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:16 PM
75Red

I actually enjoyed that tonight even though a lot of the passing was shit , no control, poor overall. It's a low bar. Best bit was no Antony.
It's taken years but I am starting to warm to Bruno. Happy for Mainoo, Amad, and especially Hojlund. Great atmosphere in South Stand. Booing was the Newcastle fans.
ST renewed despite all my whining this season.

South Stand Reds

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
I actually enjoyed that tonight even though a lot of the passing was shit , no control, poor overall. It's a low bar. Best bit was no Antony.
It's taken years but I am starting to warm to Bruno. Happy for Mainoo, Amad, and especially Hojlund. Great atmosphere in South Stand. Booing was the Newcastle fans.
ST renewed despite all my whining this season.

South Stand Reds
the three goals scorers were 21, 21, and 19.

I think that's something to enjoy.

Half that team will be gone next season.

Unread 15-05-2024, 11:24 PM
Parlabane

Just got back in from the game not seen any comments yet but have to say Jem might be on to something with Amrabat - best game he’s had for us and at that level of performance one to keep ?

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
show some respect
his comment on bringing back the cup to old trafford was like listening to ed davey address the libdem conference and telling them to go home and prepare for government.

Unread 16-05-2024, 02:26 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Just got back in from the game not seen any comments yet but have to say Jem might be on to something with Amrabat - best game he’s had for us and at that level of performance one to keep ?
Feel for him but certain these two performances have come too late unfortunately. Maybe it's me but seems the first time in ages we have beaten a team with a decent midfield

Unread 16-05-2024, 03:06 AM
shenwen

Enjoyable end to the season at OT. Can't ask more than a win and some goals. Also good to see the players we need to keep next year getting the goals. Really like Amad. Something about him. Shows Antony up as the fraud he is. Amad, Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo, with Bruno pulling the strings is not a bad forward line for next season. (Although Bruno's post match interview was slightly concerning).

Doesn't change anything regarding how bad the season has been but nice to enjoy a win.

Unread 16-05-2024, 03:50 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
marlo and coracao in the mud!
where they belong!

Quote:
the three goals scorers were 21, 21, and 19.

I think that's something to enjoy.

Half that team will be gone next season.
yep defo lad

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:17 AM
Patty_b

Good win. If Amad is dropped for the final then fold the club. Rasmus took his goal wonderfully. Anyone that thinks Bruno has ever been a problem needs their head checking, he's been our only real world class player for years.

Newcastle were shite. Their composure in the final third was embarrassing for a club that's supposed to be challenging for Europe.

Still 8th.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Good win. If Amad is dropped for the final then fold the club. Rasmus took his goal wonderfully. Anyone that thinks Bruno has ever been a problem needs their head checking, he's been our only real world class player for years.

Newcastle were shite. Their composure in the final third was embarrassing for a club that's supposed to be challenging for Europe.

Still 8th.
You know he will be. Rashford will be in, NQAT. And he'll do £#%&! all.

Unread 16-05-2024, 06:34 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
You know he will be. Rashford will be in, NQAT. And he'll do £#%&! all.
IF he has to play, for whatever braindead reason it may be, then it should be in place for Garnacho. He's looked a bit off it the last few weeks which I can't blame him for, he's still 19 ffs. Would be nice if we could rely on a 26 year old that's meant to be a star player to take the responsibility off a teenager when required.

Unread 16-05-2024, 07:27 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
IF he has to play, for whatever braindead reason it may be, then it should be in place for Garnacho. He's looked a bit off it the last few weeks which I can't blame him for, he's still 19 ffs. Would be nice if we could rely on a 26 year old that's meant to be a star player to take the responsibility off a teenager when required.
Nashers almost feels like he is trying too hard, at the moment. Not a criticism that has been levelled at Rashford too often this season.

Unread 16-05-2024, 07:40 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Nashers almost feels like he is trying too hard, at the moment. Not a criticism that has been levelled at Rashford too often this season.
Reminds me of when he first began starting games regularly and he couldn't make the same impact as he did off the bench for a while.

The only way Rashford should take his place is if he starts against Brighton and plays a blinder. Otherwise Nacho and Amad are head and shoulders above him at the moment, even when they're not at their best.

Unread 16-05-2024, 08:08 AM
believe

It seems the best philosophy Ten Hag has is having no tactics, which is what will £#%&! him in the final.

Unread 16-05-2024, 08:23 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
The only way Rashford should take his place is if he starts against Brighton and plays a blinder. Otherwise Nacho and Amad are head and shoulders above him at the moment, even when they're not at their best.
He'd need a hat-trick against Brighton to even slightly convince me. Rest Nashers and bring him straight back for the final.

Quote:

You're welcome.

Corner finally turned. TIWICI.

Unread 16-05-2024, 08:39 AM
Bunker Buster

What a glorious morning.....

Puss and moan crew quiet today ?

Sign the contract Erik...

Unread 16-05-2024, 08:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What a glorious morning.....

Puss and moan crew quiet today ?

Sign the contract Erik...
Injuries and Centre back pairings not a concern today?