View Poll Results: In our out?
In 36 40.00%
Out 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:30 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
He deserves another year with a harmonious set up and rid of the snakes in the dressing room.
He doesn't though does he? We're 8th.

He'd be extremely fortunate to get another year.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:35 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Why does he pick Rashford for every single game (unless he's publicly been caught out acting the @#%&!)?

Rashford is a senior player and maybe he expects him to perform as he did last year and step up to the plate. ETH has shown a lot of balls in dealing with difficult players.

Why, after letting a team waltz through our midfield and take 70 shots in a game, does it happen in the very next game and has done all season?

Who do you put in there? We had an extra defensive body in midfield on Sunday and as a result created fewer chances. The problem is the lack of quality.

Why did he have Reguilon on the bench but he played Lindelof at LB?

Why did he let Reguilon go, only for Luke Shaw to break again? (Which was a surprise to nobody)

The Reguillon loan is a bit of a mystery. Mind you Spurs don't rate him and perhaps he wanted an extra defender in VL. Maybe he was told Malachia would be back?

Why has he not played Amad until the last 2 games, despite his other 2 selections doing £#%&! all to justify their inclusion? (Rashford, Antony)

Maybe he is trying to manage his development and play him when he thinks he is ready. Fergie was the master of this not over exposing young players until they were ready. A front 3 of Amad/Hojlund/Garnacho is so young and inexperienced and its because of the failure of the Senior Players Rashford/Martial and the transfer policy and Greenwood £#%&! up.

Why's he not dropped Onana once this season, despite numerous howlers?

because overall he rates him? Would it help the already £#%&!ed up defence to change the keeper? he didn't drop de Gea after Brentford last year

Why have we not dominated a single game this season, for 90 minutes? (Palace at home, in the Carabao apart )

Because we don't have the personnel to do it.

Why do we have to recognisable game plan in any game?
We do he just can't execute it with the resources available. We have had 8 senior players (Shaw/Varane/Martinez/Casimero/Eriksen/Martial/Rashford/Sancho) who would all expect to be around the first choice team unavailable through injury or under performing or finished and at times their understudies injured.

These are all the chickens of short termism and club mismanagement coming home to roost.

So we could have had
Onana
Shaw/Varane/Martinez/Dalot
Casmimero/Mainoo/Bruno
Snacho/Martial/Rashford

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:37 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
You're better than this Silv.... Aren't you ?
We were an inch from getting knocked out by Coventry too ffs

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:39 AM
BigRonManager

His “speciality”

Scraping past Newport and Coventry is his specialty…

I guess Champions League group stages, recruitment and coaching aren’t his speciality then.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
His “speciality”

Scraping past Newport and Coventry is his specialty…

I guess Champions League group stages, recruitment and coaching aren’t his speciality then.
At least he won’t be involved in any of that next season.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:45 AM
Stickman

People want structure in part to save us from any more of his signings.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
People want structure in part to save us from any more of his signings.
It's mental. All he needs is everyone else to do the job he's meant to do so he can stand there looking gormless doing nothing apart from falling out with players.

Maybe the way he was dressed at the weekend, they're keeping him on to fix the roof. Will need something to keep him busy.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:49 AM
BigRonManager

Before I vote, does anyone know precisely how many different centre back pairings we’ve had?

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Before I vote, does anyone know precisely how many different centre back pairings we’ve had?
Maguire & Varane = 1
Varane & Maguire = 2

etc

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
He can't play the way he wants - quick transitions - because of the state of the team. He wants the defence to press high which allows the full backs to give width but we can't do that with the slow centre halves, we have to sit deeper. That allows a huge space in midfield unless we concede possession and all sit deep which is not his style barring Anfield. We then go back to this slow ponderous hopeless football.

This leads to playing inverted wingers as otherwise they are outnumbered and the midfielders are slow getting in support as the game is stretched too much.

The centre halves are in many ways the key figures which is why their loss has has such an impact. Let alone the loss of their passing.

If the defence was able to push up we could get more players forward and create more chances.
Think your point is that he can’t play the way he wants but then he still persists trying to play the way he wants even though it evidently doesn’t work. He needs to drop a winger, provide greater security in midfield and protect our shite defence leaving Hoijlund and Nach up top to clerk their arses off.

The way he plays is mental with the team he has. We have a negative goal difference ffs and are wide open. It obvious that the team do not buy into his structure and tactics.

He’s shown zero ability to adapt to injuries, the occasion, the opposition or anything. He’s a £#%&!ing robot stuck with his one way of doing things. And that’s an utterly shit way of doing things.

It would have been incredibly easy for him to persuade me that he was the right man - I was so motivated for him to be the right guy - he just needed to tweak things and show me that he understood how to correct things. His inability to do that has had done me in.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Think your point is that he can’t play the way he wants but then he still persists trying to play the way he wants even though it evidently doesn’t work. He needs to drop a winger, provide greater security in midfield and protect our shite defence leaving Hoijlund and Nach up top to clerk their arses off.

The way he plays is mental with the team he has. We have a negative goal difference ffs and are wide open. It obvious that the team do not buy into his structure and tactics.

He’s shown zero ability to adapt to injuries, the occasion, the opposition or anything. He’s a £#%&!ing robot stuck with his one way of doing things. And that’s an utterly shit way of doing things.

It would have been incredibly easy for him to persuade me that he was the right man - I was so motivated for him to be the right guy - he just needed to tweak things and show me that he understood how to correct things. His inability to do that has had done me in.
Just watch what he does for the City game. He'll try and shoehorn all his first picks in most of whom on the back of injuries and make them play a way that they played in the same game last year and didn't get a kick of the ball for 80 minutes.

magic_cantona

Quote:
We do he just can't execute it with the resources available. We have had 8 senior players (Shaw/Varane/Martinez/Casimero/Eriksen/Martial/Rashford/Sancho) who would all expect to be around the first choice team unavailable through injury or under performing or finished and at times their understudies injured.

These are all the chickens of short termism and club mismanagement coming home to roost.

So we could have had
Onana
Shaw/Varane/Martinez/Dalot
Casmimero/Mainoo/Bruno
Snacho/Martial/Rashford
So if Rashford is guilty of under performing, every game, why's he not been dropped for a fully fit and eager Amad? Anytime the lad has played, he's shown SOMETHING so I absolutely do not get why Rashford is picked ahead of him. Even attitude wise - play Garnacho and Antony and drop Rashford, but he won't. Why? Senior figure/player or not, its unreal the game time he's got when he's been so, so bad.

He bombed Sancho and Ronaldo out (Ronaldo was arguably doing a lot more than Rashford when he went) so what's the issue?

And as for not having the resources, he's had enough to jam the midfield and stop the steady flow of shots hasn't he?

Mainoo
The Scottish Player
Bruno
Casemiro
Amrabat

Not all have been injured or unavailable at the same time, so why has EtH not flooded our midfield so we can get a grip on a game?

I'm not having it that the injuries cause us to play and look abysmal in every single game. Liverpool and Newcastle lost key players in midfield but youngsters came in and they played well. We're shit, always.

How many games this season have we dominated this season?

How many games have we played really well this season?

The injuries are outrageous and are definitely a mitigation, but not for the entire season.

Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:

Post.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:01 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

He adapted on Sunday with 3 defensive midfield players (2 plus Tsp) and we created fewer chances.

If anyone had said at the end of last season you'll have a back four of Dalot/Maguire/Evans/AWB you have told them to put the crack pipe down.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:06 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He adapted on Sunday with 3 defensive midfield players (2 plus Tsp) and we created fewer chances.

If anyone had said at the end of last season you'll have a back four of Dalot/Maguire/Evans/AWB you have told them to put the crack pipe down.
when we're 8th in the £#%&!ing league and had just been done 4-0 by Palace ffs.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:13 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:

Because he’s an arrogant @#%&!. A lot of these new breed of managers are, and aren’t half as intelligent as they think they are. Intelligence isn’t devising a Guardiola-lite plan and clinging on for dear life, it’s about solving the problems that arise when your plan doesn’t work. Pragmatism, not dogmatism. But there’s no punishment for failure with these people anymore. He’ll get tinned, 8 million quid richer, blame the club and circumstances, then go back to being the big fish in a small pond again, while we spend years trying to unwind his legacy of terrible transfers.

Still, at least we beat Newport.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:32 AM
shenwen

I do wonder at which point the manager takes some responsibility for the apparent “state of the team”? Injuries are one thing, but no reliable striker, Rashford every game, no midfield, Antony, no left backs for half a season, Jonny Evans getting games, awful subs, - all of this we can only blame on the “structure” above him? Come on. If injuries have to be taken into account, so does bad management. It’s only fair.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
What's baffling also is, within the worst league season in decades is the people glossing over our injuries and squad depth....
what's baffling is that you think anyone is doing that. the only question is whether he has made best use of the resources that he has had available. some might question whether the injuries are his fault, maybe.

Quote:
and conceded far fewer chances. we looked far better organised. the goal was down to his silly tactics (and four players not being awake enough). our failure to score was largely down to nacho not having one his better days, but nacho and amad did not provide service (or any end product), despite moments of excitement. and arsenal do have a decent defence, to be fair.

if you can't see how having mainoo and amrabat in front of even a makeshift back four didn't make us look better structured, it's no surprise you are deluded enough to think 10h may change. or become a better manager with better players.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:44 AM
RedNick80

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
So if Rashford is guilty of under performing, every game, why's he not been dropped for a fully fit and eager Amad? Anytime the lad has played, he's shown SOMETHING so I absolutely do not get why Rashford is picked ahead of him. Even attitude wise - play Garnacho and Antony and drop Rashford, but he won't. Why? Senior figure/player or not, its unreal the game time he's got when he's been so, so bad.

He bombed Sancho and Ronaldo out (Ronaldo was arguably doing a lot more than Rashford when he went) so what's the issue?

And as for not having the resources, he's had enough to jam the midfield and stop the steady flow of shots hasn't he?

Mainoo
The Scottish Player
Bruno
Casemiro
Amrabat

Not all have been injured or unavailable at the same time, so why has EtH not flooded our midfield so we can get a grip on a game?

I'm not having it that the injuries cause us to play and look abysmal in every single game. Liverpool and Newcastle lost key players in midfield but youngsters came in and they played well. We're shit, always.

How many games this season have we dominated this season?

How many games have we played really well this season?

The injuries are outrageous and are definitely a mitigation, but not for the entire season.
I'm still an inny but I really can't argue with a lot of the above two posts.

We got a window vs Arsenal, just get the midfield (x2) to sit and straight away our back 4 was more protected.

Unread 15-05-2024, 10:01 PM
larry

admit it you flip flopping @#%&!s
how many of you out-ers want to change your vote now we beat newcastle?