View Poll Results: In our out?
In 36 40.00%
Out 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
He deserves another year with a harmonious set up and rid of the snakes in the dressing room.
This.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:13 PM
silv

he could have a dream set up above him but they won’t be the ones coaching the team. that’s down to him and we look an absolute mess

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:19 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
he could have a dream set up above him but they won’t be the ones coaching the team. that’s down to him and we look an absolute mess
This

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:23 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
does he £#%&!
Oh no ...

How will we cope with you never coming a game ?!

Unread 15-05-2024, 12:39 AM
Stickman

He stays, we finish 6th, everyone points to the progress.

4th season awaits.

Unread 15-05-2024, 04:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
I see the opposite. He is on a PR drive - all these excuses he's been pouring out over the past fortnight. Probably too late though - the damage has been done.

Unread 15-05-2024, 05:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
lets be honest, he's done a magnificent job with England.

The players love playing for him. We've seen more success than at any time.

Yes he's more Sergio Giorgini than Armani but its better than our chap in his older brothers gear
Yep. I'll hold my hands up and say I've slated him and the national team just because it's England and Gareth Southgate. I've even talked shit about him and the national team after games I didn't even watch solely for the reason it's Gareth Southgate managing the England national team.

But cards are on the table, it's hard to seriously say he's been anything but a good thing for England, and that he's done a good job both on and off the pitch in an extremely high pressure position. I don't want him as our manager, but if he was to get the job I can't deny that he'd be doing a better job than what we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
What's puzzling is why you're being such a dick about it. It's like talking to a moody teenage boy.
Pot, kettle, black.

Quote:
You made a frankly bizarre statement - 'we would have finished closer to Villa with Southgate in charge' - which has absolutely no basis beyond a vague, hopeful guess, as if it was a fact. You have absolutely no idea whether or not it's true, especially given Southgate's record at club level.
What's bizarre about it? Look at where we are in the table ffs. Look at our performance in the Champions League this season. Look at how our team has been playing for the past 12 months plus, and the absolute lack of any sort of confidence in the squad. It's not a hopeful guess. It's a belief based on how utterly shit we are under ETH, weighed up against the performance of the England national team over the last 8 years with Southgate as manager. And it's not like it's such a bizarre take that it justifies this long-winded, tedious exchange. We're 8th with 54 points after 36 games. Believing the England manager would get more from this team is hardly pie in the sky stuff.

And if I have to start prefacing or ending all of my posts with a disclaimer that all my opinions and/or beliefs are just that, and any hypotheticals have no basis in absolute fact just for your benefit then it'd get old pretty quick. As it would be for you with your contributions to the forums on topics such as Brexit and the trans debate.

Quote:
It's like the last 11 years of multiple managers with various track records never happened. 'This would definitely have happened'. Yes, because that's how football works
It's just laughable.
Exhibit A would be my posts towards the end of Ole's tenure which specifically stated that any manager is £#%&!ed at the club until something at the club fundamentally changes. A take that also didn't go down well at the time, but seems to be widely accepted now. But even with that taken into account, ETH has been utterly useless this season and looks worryingly out of his depth, and needs to go sooner rather than later.

Unread 15-05-2024, 05:13 AM
jem

southgate hasn't worked miracles with england. he's been competent with a good group of players (and fortunate wc draws), but his caution and favouritism have ensured that england failed when it mattered. he'll never inspire anyone.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:28 AM
Zorg

Quote:
True, but we said the same about Ole, Mourinho, Van Gaal, Moyes....

The club is in a complete state, it's a total £#%&!ing mess from the top down, every one of those managers said this. So it's baffling to me how people can assume another manager wouldn't be just as affected by the same shite.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
True, but we said the same about Ole, Mourinho, Van Gaal, Moyes....

The club is in a complete state, it's a total £#%&!ing mess from the top down, every one of those managers said this. So it's baffling to me how people can assume another manager wouldn't be just as affected by the same shite.
What’s baffling is his team set up and supposed coaching. Those who support him gloss over just how bad we’ve played this year and immediately go to leaking roofs and the shit structures above him. No ones denying that. What about identifying and then signing off a player who can’t use his right foot whilst playing on the right wing? A team that still provides no service to its only goal scoring threat, a defence that is wide open and unprotected. No discernible style of play. What about us playing th worst football I’ve seen in 44 years of attending?

I am absolutely convinced that every other manager in the prem would have done better with this squad than ten hag. I’ve got zero confidence he will be able to turn this round next season. He’s lost most of the players, the vast majority of fans and all of the press.

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:51 AM
pedr0

Quote:
He deserves another year with a harmonious set up and rid of the snakes in the dressing room.
what would he need to do next season to deserve a 4th year?

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
What’s baffling is his team set up and supposed coaching. Those who support him gloss over just how bad we’ve played this year and immediately go to leaking roofs and the shit structures above him. No ones denying that. What about identifying and then signing off a player who can’t use his right foot whilst playing on the right wing? A team that still provides no service to its only goal scoring threat, a defence that is wide open and unprotected. No discernible style of play. What about us playing th worst football I’ve seen in 44 years of attending?

I am absolutely convinced that every other manager in the prem would have done better with this squad than ten hag. I’ve got zero confidence he will be able to turn this round next season. He’s lost most of the players, the vast majority of fans and all of the press.
It's the point blank refusal to answer the most basic questions about Ten Hag that gets me. The inners just won't go near them. Understandably I suppose, considering the only answer is "he's a poor manager".

Unread 15-05-2024, 08:54 AM
Bunker Buster

What's baffling also is, within the worst league season in decades is the people glossing over our injuries and squad depth....

17th different centre back pairing against arsenal ..

I'm shocked we are 8th and in another final ...

Mad how in his first season with B2B 13 game run of his starting 11 we picked up points hand over fist .. but yeah, we've forgotten last season it's all Bout what talksport want ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
what would he need to do next season to deserve a 4th year?
Get us back into the champions league and have another go at a domestic cup (his speciality,)

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:13 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

He can't play the way he wants - quick transitions - because of the state of the team. He wants the defence to press high which allows the full backs to give width but we can't do that with the slow centre halves, we have to sit deeper. That allows a huge space in midfield unless we concede possession and all sit deep which is not his style barring Anfield. We then go back to this slow ponderous hopeless football.

This leads to playing inverted wingers as otherwise they are outnumbered and the midfielders are slow getting in support as the game is stretched too much.

The centre halves are in many ways the key figures which is why their loss has has such an impact. Let alone the loss of their passing.

If the defence was able to push up we could get more players forward and create more chances.

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:16 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
What's baffling also is, within the worst league season in decades is the people glossing over our injuries and squad depth....

Mad how in his first season with B2B 13 game run of his starting 11 we picked up points hand over fist .. but yeah, we've forgotten last season it's all Bout what talksport want ....

Get us back into the champions league and have another go at a domestic cup (his speciality,)

Why does he pick Rashford for every single game (unless he's publicly been caught out acting the @#%&!)?

Why, after letting a team waltz through our midfield and take 70 shots in a game, does it happen in the very next game and has done all season?

Why did he have Reguilon on the bench but he played Lindelof at LB?

Why did he let Reguilon go, only for Luke Shaw to break again? (Which was a surprise to nobody)

Why has he not played Amad until the last 2 games, despite his other 2 selections doing £#%&! all to justify their inclusion? (Rashford, Antony)

Why's he not dropped Onana once this season, despite numerous howlers?

Why have we not dominated a single game this season, for 90 minutes? (Palace at home, in the Carabao apart )

Why do we have to recognisable game plan in any game?

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:17 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Lets be fair we've had a kind run in the FA Cup, bar Liverpool.

Wigan Athletic
Newport County
Nottingham Forest
Liverpool FC
Coventry City

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Wigan Athletic
Newport County
Nottingham Forest
Liverpool FC
Coventry City
You're better than this Silv.... Aren't you ?

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:21 AM
marlo

a good footballing structure above him doesn’t miraculously improve his coaching

Imagine backing a manager who has had since January to get us to at least 4th while having no Europe distractions and the team that beat us to it have been playing Sunday - Thursday the whole time.

It’s funny how none of the ETH gang can actually point to anything he has done to suggest we should stick with him…..

A few months ago it was required that he ends the season strong but after failing that it’s just silence on that part.

Quote:
3 days after we last played, right on cue….forgot how shit we are and talking rubbish again.

Quote:

Wigan Athletic
Newport County
Nottingham Forest
Liverpool FC
Coventry City
pull up our calling cup run from last season it’s even worse

Unread 15-05-2024, 09:21 AM
silv

Quote:
You're better than this Silv.... Aren't you ?
you're better than clinging on to the FA Cup as a sign of progress when you know we're likely to get spanked and that we've not exactly set the world alight in it.

Anyway, i respect your opinion even though I whole heartedly disagree with it. I don't see the point in another season, they're not gonna extend his contract.