View Poll Results: In our out?
In 36 40.00%
Out 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-05-2024, 02:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
All irrelevant. We're not 'guessing' about ten Hag because he's already here and Southgate isn't

But you said it like it's guaranteed. If it was that simple they'd already have him in. There are no guarantees, it's all a gamble - keeping ten Hag, sacking him. Surely you know this?

'we'd be closer to Villa this season if it was Southgate in charge' is a statement of fact.

Yes, maybe. Maybe not. Maybe we'd actually be worse. To present it as a fact is just ridiculous.
I do know this, but I still believe he absolutely would've been more successful this season if he was manager. But it's quite obviously a hypothetical, considering he's not been the manager this season, ETH has. Because if Southgate had been manager this season we wouldn't be languishing in 8th. Or at least that's my belief. Like you said, a gamble. I think if the impossible hypothetical was to take place, the odds would be in my favour.

What I don't know is why you're taking my belief in an impossible hypothetical scenario as seriously as you are

Quote:
No, I've said consistently that it's all a gamble. It always is.
"No boss I'm not gambling, I'm just guessing which ball the number will land on. "

Unread 14-05-2024, 02:27 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Cute.

But we'd be closer to Villa this season if it was Southgate in charge, we'd also probably look more competitive and organised when we play (although the bar has been set embarrassingly low by ETH). He probably wouldn't have upset the players as much either.

For as bad as an option as people want to believe he is, it's got the point that realistically he'd be a much better option than what we have now.

And let's be honest, we all know if he wasn't Dutch then it would be pretty straight forward for Bunks, and as a result, for Ned as well.
lets be honest, he's done a magnificent job with England.

The players love playing for him. We've seen more success than at any time.

Yes he's more Sergio Giorgini than Armani but its better than our chap in his older brothers gear

Unread 14-05-2024, 02:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Lads, STFU. Someone might show him this.

Unread 14-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
lets be honest, he's done a magnificent job with England.

Absolute bottle job on the international stage....

Favourite picking, safety first, bore...

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
After four seasons, winning nothing with a better team than these @#%&!s
His reign included second in the league, a cup final and won his last 7 games before getting sacked, fans on his back from early on. How much time should managers get before we are able to draw conclusions if they're any good?

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
I do know this, but I still believe he absolutely would've been more successful this season if he was manager. But it's quite obviously a hypothetical, considering he's not been the manager this season, ETH has. Because if Southgate had been manager this season we wouldn't be languishing in 8th. Or at least that's my belief. Like you said, a gamble. I think if the impossible hypothetical was to take place, the odds would be in my favour.

What I don't know is why you're taking my belief in an impossible hypothetical scenario as seriously as you are

"No boss I'm not gambling, I'm just guessing which ball the number will land on. "
I've said repeatedly I agree there's an argument for sacking ten Hag and he's made some horrendous mistakes, but on balance I'm still willing to give him another season, that's all. I'm not particularly entrenched in it, but there we are. In the end, none of us get to decide anyway.

What's puzzling is why you're being such a dick about it. It's like talking to a moody teenage boy.

You made a frankly bizarre statement - 'we would have finished closer to Villa with Southgate in charge' - which has absolutely no basis beyond a vague, hopeful guess, as if it was a fact. You have absolutely no idea whether or not it's true, especially given Southgate's record at club level.

It's like the last 11 years of multiple managers with various track records never happened. 'This would definitely have happened'. Yes, because that's how football works
It's just laughable.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:02 PM
Bunker Buster

When he beats city at Wembley....

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
When he beats city at Wembley....
Slim slim chance if they’d have lost the league in some way. No way now. Momentum all with them and none with us.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
'we would have finished closer to Villa with Southgate in charge'
of Villa

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
of Villa

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Slim slim chance if they’d have lost the league in some way. No way now. Momentum all with them and none with us.
I don’t think them winning the league or not makes a jot of difference. They don’t even need to be at their best to win. I think it will be similar to the arsenal game. We'll give it a go, but we won’t lay a glove on them and we’ll inevitably make some dumb mistake.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
of Villa

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
I don’t think them winning the league or not makes a jot of difference. They don’t even need to be at their best to win. I think it will be similar to the arsenal game. We'll give it a go, but we won’t lay a glove on them and we’ll inevitably make some dumb mistake.
This is exactly how it'll be. Even if we score first, they'll still win. Easily.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Looks like he's staying.....

Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Give over. Lots of football success is about momentum. City do this thing where they gather momentum towards the end of the season. They lose the league and go out of the cl then they’re looking at a very disappointing season with the pressure more ramped up to win the fa cup. They have fragilities - it’s just everyone rolls over and no one exposes them. They’ve basically won the league tonight - everything becomes much easier for them now.

magic_cantona

Quote:
The fans don't understand why he keeps picking Rashford.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He deserves another year with a harmonious set up and rid of the snakes in the dressing room.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell. Another season of this shite. Club are on a mission to kill off as many supporters as they can..

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
He deserves another year with a harmonious set up and rid of the snakes in the dressing room.
He's playing the worst one every single game.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:07 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
does he £#%&!