United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:50 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Exactly. And even if they came in with a monumental bid, I don't think he'd go there and tarnish his spurs legacy.
I don’t think Chelsea can go in with a monumental bid, they’ve blown their wad & FFP has nixed the workaround.

It’s us or Newcastle now I think. He’d be a moron to go there tbh but you know, bottomless pit of money sounds tempting & he’d beat Shearers record playing for them which would be funny.

I’d always like to have him, but surely the future calls for Osimhen? Younger, pace & work rate that isn’t going to drop off in a year or two.

Still, Kane is a wonderful player. Underrated if anything, still banged in 30 in this shit Spurs side

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:54 PM
dunk

The price for Osimhen is just too damn high. Should’ve got him from France when Ole wanted him

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I don’t think Chelsea can go in with a monumental bid, they’ve blown their wad & FFP has nixed the workaround.

It’s us or Newcastle now I think. He’d be a moron to go there tbh but you know, bottomless pit of money sounds tempting & he’d beat Shearers record playing for them which would be funny.

I’d always like to have him, but surely the future calls for Osimhen? Younger, pace & work rate that isn’t going to drop off in a year or two.

Still, Kane is a wonderful player. Underrated if anything, still banged in 30 in this shit Spurs side
Could easily end up Viktor Osimeh. That Nunez was tearing it up in the league and Champions League knockouts and is a dud, no guarantees with any striker from overseas.

Kane is as close to a guarantee as possible when it comes to goals though I do worry if he's a bit of a bottler. Very mixed record in the big games and got to question his character and intelligence of staying at Spurs and letting your halfwit of a brother negotiate an unwritten agreement with Daniel Levy.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The price for Osimhen is just too damn high. Should’ve got him from France when Ole wanted him
Could’ve had him & Haaland up for for £70m

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Bellingham, Camavinga, Tonali etc.

Unread 24-05-2023, 09:04 PM
silv

Quote:
There was a definite role for him as director of football

Unread 24-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Spurs fans can forgive him coming to us but not them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Exactly. And even if they came in with a monumental bid, I don't think he'd go there and tarnish his spurs legacy.
Quote:

Working under Poch again & not having to move up North - that's going to be a very big influence on his decision making.

Unread 25-05-2023, 12:30 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Working under Poch again & not having to move up North - that's going to be a very big influence on his decision making.
Chelsea is a mess, it’s two or even three years from fruition and he would be a pariah there & get shit everywhere he went & he has some integrity. I’m not sure he needs it, he needs & wants CL now and the possibility of leading a side to something right now. They could pay him, I don’t think needs that much love, he’s 100% the ultimate professional and I think his brother is a moron but now I think he’ll choose where to go.

It is us, Newcastle or Bayern. I think Bayern will make a compelling argument but homebodies aren’t ready to up and move a family at 30. Especially if we’re offering £300k a week & proven progress domestically.

It’s whether we can add one or two more around him that’ll (throws up) show the project is for him. Utd is huge and he is a brilliant footballer, we cal build around him, he won’t need to be the focal point for ever, he’ll drop to a 10 role and be fantastic. Erik needs to work some magic, he needs to want it, but no better chance of signing a player that will get us 15+ points more next season exists and so we can only hope it’s compelling enough. Add to that Erik’s quotes about big players now wanting to come here… it itches On for me. Big old ON.

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Not sure the barcodes would want him beating Shearer’s tally. Probably mixed feelings anyway.

United the obvious choice.

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:51 AM
magic_cantona

Depending on who our owners are, we may end up with Kane AND Osimhen. That'd be peachy.

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Depending on who our owners are, we may end up with Kane AND Osimhen. That'd be peachy.
Unless someone mentions for the millionth time that it doesn’t matter who the owners are.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:00 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Unless someone mentions for the millionth time that it doesn’t matter who the owners are.
But it clearly does. If the sale doesn't go through, you think that the team who brought us Wout on loan when we were desperate, signs Europe's two best centre forwards in one window?

And I'm not sure SJR and his mates the Glazers would go for both. Imagine Avram in his ear?

I semi jest but if money becomes no object and an influx of mega cash flows, the two should be brought in.

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:06 AM
believe

Quote:
But it clearly does. If the sale doesn't go through, you think that the team who brought us Wout on loan when we were desperate, signs Europe's two best centre forwards in one window?

And I'm not sure SJR and his mates the Glazers would go for both. Imagine Avram in his ear?

I semi jest but if money becomes no object and an influx of mega cash flows, the two should be brought in.
You mean the team who had spent 230 million six months earlier?

Have you not read the million posts about FFP and us having a limited amount regardless of who owns us in the summer?

Unread 25-05-2023, 07:26 AM
shenwen

Quote:
More likely Kane and that young Danish lad at Atalanta. Saying that, Ten Hag still seems to have a hard on for Martial. Hopefully just some snide marketing to get a buyer interested.

I'd take Kane over Victor any day of the week. Napoli wanting crazy money for a player who has only once in his career scored more than 20 leagues goals in a season.

Unread 25-05-2023, 08:05 AM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
More likely Kane and that young Danish lad at Atalanta. Saying that, Ten Hag still seems to have a hard on for Martial. Hopefully just some snide marketing to get a buyer interested.

I'd take Kane over Victor any day of the week. Napoli wanting crazy money for a player who has only once in his career scored more than 20 leagues goals in a season.
I dont think Ten Hag likes Martial at all. He's hooked on 57 minutes any time he starts. I just don't see him being here next season. Hopefully.

And yeah, I think Kane and some sound buys gets us genuinely challenging but Osimhen is definitely a long term star. Can't see him not doing it here.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:02 AM
dunk

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Fine by me.

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Unless the sale of the club is sorted in the next couple of weeks then there won’t be anyone coming in. Especially not Harry Kane

Unread 26-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Whip Hubley

half joking...

Unread 26-05-2023, 01:13 PM
Jethro

Imagine letting Levy absolutely kill your career. Good records though.