United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2023, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Sell him to West Ham ffs. He belongs there.
REEKS of Moyes. Could see that happening.

Unread 21-04-2023, 12:41 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We are not equipped to handle an end to the season like this. We don’t have the depth of quality or the consistent mentality yet to handle this many games and this many high pressure situations.

This is still largely the same group of players who posted their worst league points total in 30 years last season.

Those problems don’t go away in less than a year and one transfer window.

We’ve made brilliant progress in terms of personnel, mentality (we react well), the quality of the football and in our ability to win games…. But this run has exposed us and shown how far we still have to go.

I don’t think ETH was under any illusions we were anywhere else.

There were still 4-6 players who finished that game last night who shouldn’t/won’t be here next season.

To finish top four and get a trophy would still be brilliant season for us.
Yep… and the same players who downed tools last season. Like they did last night. Understand they have been under a heavy schedule but they know they got away with it last year and are doing it again because they got away with it, apart from one or two who got kicked out. Should have won this tie but blew it at home, so = surrender. (As per dippers second half)

They don’t fancy another pasting from city, either. Hate to say this, but I almost don’t blame them, knowing this tie had gone away from them and then the Cup vs city ??? Some of them are useless, some coawards, some are just lazy @#%&!s and they’ll be gone, hopefully. A cup and CL qual; a bit disappointing now but we’d have taken it in August. Probably shouldn’t have pushed it on all 4 fronts esp in view of the WC that we had to gift to another obscure country to expand the “football family” $$$$$$$$$$$ (unless yare Germany/US) corrupt @#%&!s.

Reset asap.

Look forward to next season. Same corrupt admin, same “ refs, same “ media etc etc .. just hope different owners

Unread 21-04-2023, 12:42 PM
MUFC One Love

I think we will beat Brighton but its kind of a good thing this has happened.

The squad's weaknesses are there to see.

The Glazers surely sell. They just can't do what is needed to the team and club.

Unread 21-04-2023, 12:45 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

The Glazers surely sell. They just can't do what is needed to the team and club.
Not sure they care, really mate. As long as there’s more $$$$ to wring out if the club, they sure as £#%&! will. Not remotely interested in the club’s welfare

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Have they ever?

Unread 21-04-2023, 02:33 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:

Obv. all hoping the sell comes but final part is %@#$&!s. Last summer showed that, with the right recruitment, huge strides can be made. Where the money comes from is a different matter entirely (e.g. Glazer leveraged debt vs. club being self-sufficient minus the debt vs. Qataris going wild), but when £250 mil has been slapped on the table to cover Sancho + Martial's fee and wages for the princely return of 11 league goals in 100 games while Tony Bloom's sweeping up Caicedo & Mitoma for a couple of million quid for the pair on a 3 grand a week salary (yes, they signed Caicedo for 3 grand a week ), then money ain't the issue, its how its spent.

Splurging money fixes nothing if it means another 400 mil of collective spend on likes of above plus Maguire & AWB. Need to nail recruitment (as with last summer).

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I was out with a blue mate yesterday

They are £#%&!ing loving our implosion
lol.

we've played a lot of games and, when not using our first xi, we're shit. we are no more imploding than arsenal are bottling the league. being ground down is not imploding/bottling.

as it goes, we should still beat brighton, even with our cb issues, because we can put out a midfield and we have rashers. and we are capable of beating city again (or losing 6-0, but still...). surely, we have enough to scrape top 4 (should really get 3rd)? whatever happens, arsenal and united have already had good seasons... better than expected... and it's only having to rely on the second string proven inadequates that is catching up with us.

Unread 21-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
lol.

we've played a lot of games and, when not using our first xi, we're shit. we are no more imploding than arsenal are bottling the league. being ground down is not imploding/bottling.

as it goes, we should still beat brighton, even with our cb issues, because we can put out a midfield and we have rashers. and we are capable of beating city again (or losing 6-0, but still...). surely, we have enough to scrape top 4 (should really get 3rd)? whatever happens, arsenal and united have already had good seasons... better than expected... and it's only having to rely on the second string proven inadequates that is catching up with us.
I'd agree with all that , apart from beating Brighton....

It's not been a bad season but the injuries and suspensions have killed off our vibe...

Our expectations grew faster than the injury list...

Also £#%&! Qatar.

Unread 21-04-2023, 04:36 PM
Ethers

I think that’s a great point about the expectations.

At the start of the season, and certainly after 2 games, I’m sure if you told people we’d finish with a pot, 2 semis, and comfortably qualify for the CL, they’d all have taken it and seen it as real progress.

As it is, finishing the way we are does feel a bit of a let down after how things were looking at one point, but that’s only because of how well we were playing, and a crazy little period where it felt like we could genuinely beat anyone.

It’s a bit of a tough one to swallow, but important we don’t get too doomy about it all.

We’re not as good as it felt we were when everything seemed to be going our way, but we’re certainly not as bad as it feels right now either.

Unread 21-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think that’s a great point about the expectations.

At the start of the season, and certainly after 2 games, I’m sure if you told people we’d finish with a pot, 2 semis, and comfortably qualify for the CL, they’d all have taken it and seen it as real progress.

As it is, finishing the way we are does feel a bit of a let down after how things were looking at one point, but that’s only because of how well we were playing, and a crazy little period where it felt like we could genuinely beat anyone.

It’s a bit of a tough one to swallow, but important we don’t get too doomy about it all.

We’re not as good as it felt we were when everything seemed to be going our way, but we’re certainly not as bad as it feels right now either.
There was a bit of giddiness, for sure. The ‘are we in a title race’ thread was the peak. We were never in the title race and nor should we be.

This group is not ready for an assault on four competitions. Especially in a season with a daft World Cup in it. We’re seeing that now. We’re having to rely on second string players we know are not good enough and there are still issues with style and mentality that will take longer than six months to sort.

Not much of what’s happening now should be a surprise, apart from us being this far along in the first place.

I didn’t expect a top four finish.
I didn’t expect a trophy.
I didn’t expect an FA Cup semi.

The biggest disappointment and one we can’t really account for is the timing of the injuries and suspensions.

To lose Casemiro, Varane, Rashford, Eriksen, Martinez at critical times is so unlucky. Without those injuries and suspensions, we’d be through to the Europa semi and have 5 more points in the league.

If we can get top four, the dust will settle on this strange spell where we’ve taken a couple of humbling tonkings and we’ll recognise it as a good season.

The sale dragging on hasn’t helped either.

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:26 PM
dunk

Unread 24-04-2023, 08:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Winds me up no end, goalkeepers past penalty water bottles hints....

It's basically irrelevant....

Strikers and keeper should and do use instinct....

Not a dig at de gea, because loads do it....it's intricate bullshit.

5 of our penalty takers blasted it all over and don't take pens

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:45 PM
dunk

Didn’t post it for that tbf.

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:54 PM
naes_sean

should stay off that trampoline imo

Unread 24-04-2023, 09:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn’t post it for that tbf.
?

You ok ?

I'm not a mind reader...

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
?

You ok ?

I'm not a mind reader...
No, I know, was just clarifying. Hadn’t realised that tweet was attached, only meant to post Bruno.

Unread 25-04-2023, 12:54 AM
guerreiro

Wonder if he got the left and rights wrong on that bottle.

‘His right, not your right’.
Closed Thread