United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:27 PM
believe

He plays for a team that’s one place behind us in the league and still in the champions league. Saying choosing to stay at spurs over joining us is lacking ambition is a bit of a stretch

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:32 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He plays for a team that’s one place behind us in the league and still in the champions league. Saying choosing to stay at spurs over joining us is lacking ambition is a bit of a stretch
Is it though? Want to have a look a Spurs's record of winning trophies over the last 3-4 decades?

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Is it though? Want to have a look a Spurs's record of winning trophies over the last 3-4 decades?
Fair point. But if arsenal can turn it round like they have I suppose he might think anyone can.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Fine. Don’t choose us, but there’s a number of other clubs that would jump at him abroad.

Even Newcastle at this stage are more ambitious than spurs right now.

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Fair point. But if arsenal can turn it round like they have I suppose he might think anyone can.
Arsenal have at least won the league this century though.

Arsenal winning the league is a turn up for the books, especially in the age of clubs being owned by despotic regimes.

Tottenham winning the league would be extraordinary. Incredible. Beyond comprehension.

I just checked - they last won the league in 1961

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:46 PM
dinger

Quote:
One trophy since 2000

Unread 23-01-2023, 02:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
One trophy since 2000
Does that mean they can’t win one this year?

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Does that mean they can’t win one this year?
Do you think they will?

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Do you think they will?
No, but I don’t play for them. You’d have to think though that he thinks they’ve a chance of maybe the CL otherwise it would be pointless turning up.

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
No, but I don’t play for them. You’d have to think though that he thinks they’ve a chance of maybe the CL otherwise it would be pointless turning up.
Not really, I imagine his contract stipulates that if he doesn’t turn up he doesn’t get paid

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not really, I imagine his contract stipulates that if he doesn’t turn up he doesn’t get paid
So he turns up but doesn’t want to win?

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
So he turns up but doesn’t want to win?
Well, as he’s there..

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
He literally went on strike one summer in order to force a move, you Dubai-dwelling dunce.

He has wanted out for years, but Levy has him contractually imprisoned.

Of course he'd pick United in a heartbeat over Spurs, ffs.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:47 PM
armchair

Get him in this window.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Get him in this window.
I’d take him if we can get him now.

Not that arsed about him beyond that, unless we’re rich enough to buy him one year and £#%&! him off the next.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:05 PM
n48

Classic Harry Kane

Unread 24-01-2023, 06:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He literally went on strike one summer in order to force a move, you Dubai-dwelling dunce.

He has wanted out for years, but Levy has him contractually imprisoned.

Of course he'd pick United in a heartbeat over Spurs, ffs.
So you call me a dunce by agreeing with the point I was making and mentioning a place I don’t live in classic neo

Unread 24-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Just promise him he won’t 🤙

Unread 24-01-2023, 03:17 PM
NedKelly

“The thought of winning trophies doesn’t appeal to Harry Kane”

Fixed.

Unread 24-01-2023, 04:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Think that might be a wum twitter aggregator account given some of these tweets