Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: The trophy
FA cup 40 49.38%
Europa 41 50.62%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2022, 07:25 PM
Hyman_Roth

Despise the europa (embarrassed by it tbh) and still like the fa cup even though I’ve not watched a single match for about a decade unless we’re playing.

Europa for tactical reasons but with a heavy heart.

Unread 27-10-2022, 07:33 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Awful from you that. I'm shocked.

Rather win a place in a cup than win a cup?
Is this a covert whoosh....

I just copied what had already been said up thread as bunks was getting annoyed no one was paying attention to the op...

Everyone should read the threads all the way through...

On topic, the cup wrinners cup always got my interest, seemed much more prestigous than the uefa...

All comps without home and away one tie knockouts are a bit shite aren't they ...

Unread 27-10-2022, 07:40 PM
AK14

Has to be the FA Cup for me.

So many memories of a cup final and the whole day used to be great. But different since they changed the KO time and also semis at Wembley take a bit of that special feel away, but nonetheless it’s a great cup to win.

Unread 27-10-2022, 07:47 PM
moransbleedinghead

Europa, because winning something European feels a little more special.

Although the FA cup gaurantees that the odd lot don't the treble,

Unread 27-10-2022, 07:52 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
FA cup. Proper trophy and first I ever watched United win in 77.

Always get annoyed on cup final day that we don’t bother much about it these days. Too busy trying to be 4th in the league.
Pretty much this, right down to 77.

Sod Europe, we need to be top dogs in our own country first and having most league and FA Cup wins would go some way to restoring that.

Unread 27-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
FA Cup because I hate the Europa. I watch the games regardless but it’s akin to supporting a relative in court. Only there out of a sense of duty.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:33 PM
red in cumbria

It was nice to get the "full set" of trophies five years ago, but we haven't won the FA Cup anything like as much as we might have hoped in recent years. So that.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Come on' the FA CUP REDS....

"Stop the treble vibe" trending...

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:58 PM
andyroo

Win the £#%&!ing League. Anything else is a bonus.

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:51 AM
Stickman

it’s just another good case for the FA CUP, protects the treble.

Unread 28-10-2022, 03:14 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Having read the posts I'm still FA cup and hope we are bang at the league next season and stop all this 'top 4' talk, in it to win it. Would love to beat ciddy at Wembley this season and properly challenge them for the title next year, bout time we did the double again.

Only one cup worth winning in Europe these days and we are not even in the competition. Shame, because the cup winners cup was a decent competition and trophy as many of us well remember.
Closed Thread