United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Hope the leg’s ok
Thanks Denis. I came away from it without any serious injury - I should be fit for the Everton game.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Baron

Definitely seems to be a confidence thing, he was able to take the piss in Germany - choosing to do what he wanted, when he wanted. Take someone on, do a trick, pin-point crosses or slide rule through balls... I think he's maybe been a bit shocked at the change in level between the PL & his time there.

That being said, he was integrated into a Dortmund side that was comfortably the 2nd best in their league & relatively settled playing wise. Everything he knew about the game was happening on the pitch. This United side is a Frankenstein's monster of a squad & tactics.

We're seeing it with Anthony as well, a player that was previously walking past a player or two every week. Confidence & support, awareness of where your team mates are - hugely important. There's almost no one in the league that just takes the piss walking past players, but there are loads that can pass to feet consistently & put in a shift.

The sooner ETH instils this fundamental the sooner we'll know if these guys can cut it here.

I don't have too many issues with Sancho as a talent, he's got OK numbers here. But his level when at his best is 15+ goals & assists and that is what he needs to get to asap here.

Unread 07-10-2022, 06:27 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Most disappointing of the past 5 years' signings relative to expectations imo. Expected a strong, blisteringly quick skill merchant out wide - one Europe's top young talents. Instead he's been .. functional? No where near the bottom of the pile in terms of overall performance, but not at the level expected and unlike most he's not in the twilight / final contract of his career phase. Was almost a 1-in-2 man at Dortmund; much better start stats wise this season than last, but long way to go.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Stickman

good in front of goal but MIA far too much for my liking and really not very good at taking his man on.

Dont really rate him if i’m honest.

Unread 09-10-2022, 12:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Most disappointing of the past 5 years' signings relative to expectations imo. Expected a strong, blisteringly quick skill merchant out wide - one Europe's top young talents. Instead he's been .. functional? No where near the bottom of the pile in terms of overall performance, but not at the level expected and unlike most he's not in the twilight / final contract of his career phase. Was almost a 1-in-2 man at Dortmund; much better start stats wise this season than last, but long way to go.
Another club signing that the manager doesn’t rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
come along way since phantom of the opera
Sancho‘S the phantom on the wing

Unread 09-10-2022, 05:22 PM
goldfinger II

Just don't see the talent in him. What are his skills? He has a nice weight of pass at times but aside from that, I'm not seeing anything.

He has no game and has been unable to impose himself on the game thus far.

Wouldn't write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Joe Biden

Wasn't missed at all. Wouldn't be bothered at all of he was moved on this summer.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Nice to have the options tbh.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:37 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Nice to have the options tbh.
Nothing wrong with any of them getting a kick up the arse.

For my money the only wide man who justifies being an automatic pick at the moment is Antony. I love the arrogance of the lad, sometime soon he’s going to have one of those games where he absolutely tortures the fullback.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Nothing wrong with any of them getting a kick up the arse.

For my money the only wide man who justifies being an automatic pick at the moment is Antony. I love the arrogance of the lad, sometime soon he’s going to have one of those games where he absolutely tortures the fullback.
Feel like he’s still playing within himself, but he’s producing and he’s really dangerous. When he settles, he’s going to tear it up.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Wasn't missed at all. Wouldn't be bothered at all of he was moved on this summer.
Ffs, writing him off after one season (where we were managerially terrible, and half the squad threw the towel in, and barely more than a handful games this).

Not like we'd get anybody more talented anyway.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:31 PM
Dr Stranger

I think we’re getting a bit carried away. We were talking about him turning a corner when he got 2 in 3 recently. He’s scored again since then too. We’re still settling back down after lay off. Everyone up front has shown some glimpses.

Ronaldo, Rashford’, Antony, martial and Bruno are all Off the mark as our attackers and three of them have 3 or more goals already.

Goals are starting to flow now too. 3 against Arsenal, city and Omonia and another two today.

Let’s let the season settle down a bit before we start worrying about every single one of our forwards, eh?

Unread 16-10-2022, 03:49 PM
windy waffles

I think I'm owed a few apologies.

He's garbage.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s a soft timid boy

Unless he man’s up then he’s going to be another flop

It was probably a pen but typical he goes down weakly instead of getting a shot off from that position

Got no presence on the pitch

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:07 PM
Bunker Buster

It's like Valencia never left with his negative cut backs, never played like that in Germany...

He's on notice for me

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

he will have one good game in five. When the chips are down he is never the one to raise his game .

atleast antony looked dangerous

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Frustrating. He doesn’t do enough for someone so talented. Nice touch. Nice eye for a pass, but just doesn’t hurt teams. Antony seems a lot more gutsy and does more damage. Him and Sancho should be causing mayhem.

ETH still not sure of his best frontline and shoehorning Ronaldo in there isn’t helping.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:13 PM
Joe Biden

The trouble isn't buying players that turn out to be shite everybody does that. It's the fact this @#%&! is gonna be lingering around like a bad fart for the next 5 years before he moves on to west ham.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:13 PM
NedKelly

Not good enough.

However, won’t say any names, but it’s almost like some are waiting to throw certain players under the bus, and care more about that than the team itself.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

you can give him a pass as a " settling in period" for his first season. he needs to be doing much better.

He doesnt have that explosive pace, with his physical nature he needs it. If youre not strong you have to be quick in the premier league.
Closed Thread