est.1878

Football Is ronaldo finished

ptf

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:22 AM
atticusgrinch

You'd be a fool to write him off.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:26 AM
NedKelly

It’s so easy to tell who doesn’t understand football by their reactions to Ronaldo recently.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:28 AM
jem

the option I chose probably undervalues mls, tbh.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:29 AM
tatty

Looking at the body you’d say of course not.

But if that were the measure then Fitness Model United would be going for the quadruple.

The best footballer I have ever seen live…but games do seem to be passing him by now…and that isn’t going to help our long term recovery.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

He's not fully match fit, someone is going to cop for a few goals from him this season ...

Played well last night....

A valued member of the team ..

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's not fully match fit
I use that excuse sometimes, too. when I'm not shouting at my feet.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Of all people, it would be daft to write him off.

He’s had no preseason and we forget he’s human - he needs a goal. Didn’t see last night live, but highlights seemed to show his movement is still good and he was linking up well.

Clearly struggling to do what he used to physically, but there’s more to come than what we’re seeing. Still fancy him to bag a few once that first one goes in.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:40 AM
Parlabane

Would love to think he isn't but on the evidence seen this season he is finished as the Ronaldo he and we want.

Think he still has a role coming on for half an hour at the end where he can just go hell for leather against tireing opposition legs, but starting and playing the full 90 minutes is beyond him and it shows

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Would love to think he isn't but on the evidence seen this season he is finished as the Ronaldo he and we want.

Think he still has a role coming on for half an hour at the end where he can just go hell for leather against tireing opposition legs, but starting and playing the full 90 minutes is beyond him and it shows
So what was last season when he scored 25 ?

He's had an awful summer on a personal level and grief is a tough shackle to shake, no pre season and a frustrating night in Cyprus....

I support the GOAT...

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Coracao

No doubt he will get the odd goal before he leaves, but as a starting player he is finished. His overall game just isn't there. It has been on the wane for a few years, but now it has fallen off a cliff. He is a passenger the majority of the time.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Parlabane

Quote:

He's had an awful summer on a personal level and grief is a tough shackle to shake, no pre season and a frustrating night in Cyprus....

I support the GOAT...
Hope you're right but I just can't see it

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:58 AM
AK14

Probably.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:07 AM
jem

Quote:
a disaster.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:40 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
A bit of this, a bit of the fact he's 37, 38 in just a few short months. It's a tough gig being a professional footballer & he's been at the pinnacle for two decades

I think he can undoubtedly play at this level, but he simply has to be managed & used appropriately. He is clearly struggling with sharpness as Bunks' mentioned but at the same time we are looking to play a game that actually exposes his shortfalls.

There is more club footballing being played in the next couple of months than ever before, fixtures everywhere you look. He'll get game time & hopefully he can capitalise on some tired legs & minds.

Not writing him off but he's not the priority. If we're ever going to get anything out of Martial, Rashford & Sancho as a front three... now is the time.
He's being asked to do something he never relished and completely gave up from Real on. He's trying though, god love him.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:50 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Fiscally? No, he has another 50 mil to extract.

Athletically? As Tenners says, we do not comment “out of respect for his career”.

Unread 09-10-2022, 07:50 PM
NedKelly

Fair few apologies owed to the King.

Unread 09-10-2022, 07:55 PM
Bunker Buster

700 goals FFS ......

Unread 09-10-2022, 07:55 PM
windy waffles

Cool

He's averaged 35 goals for the last twenty years....

Unread 09-10-2022, 07:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Hopefully it is just a case of slowly building up during the season and he’ll start contributing a bit more from here on in.

He’ll have to tbf. Can’t get over martial. Wtaf is it with us, him and our medical team.
Closed Thread