United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2022, 10:32 PM
windy waffles

Club debt increased by 22%, from £419m to £514m apparently.

Unread 22-09-2022, 11:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

That's what happens when you make a loss pal.
Even in Glazer terms, it wasn't good, despite the £33m dividend.

Unread 23-09-2022, 05:44 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I honestly thought they were going all in and we were getting another 2 or 3 tbh. They’d have much more joy selling a club up at the top of the table looking ripe for CL than one squabbling about in 5th and 6th. Just couldn’t bring themselves to do it though. Parasites. We could’ve had Gakpo and a RB for the dividends and interest payments. Utter @#%&!s.
No all in at all. It's an accepted fact at Carrington that the Antony and Casemiro signings were only ok'd by the Glazers following the Brighton game.

That isn't Murtough, all he does is plan with Ten Hag who they want and goes to the board. Every signing from £50k academy kid to Ronaldo has to have Glazer sign off.

Unread 23-09-2022, 06:05 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
No all in at all. It's an accepted fact at Carrington that the Antony and Casemiro signings were only ok'd by the Glazers following the Brighton game.

That isn't Murtough, all he does is plan with Ten Hag who they want and goes to the board. Every signing from £50k academy kid to Ronaldo has to have Glazer sign off.
Since when was this an “accepted fact”?

Unread 23-09-2022, 06:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
That's what happens when you make a loss pal.
Even in Glazer terms, it wasn't good, despite the £33m dividend.
Thanks for accounting lesson.

Unread 23-09-2022, 06:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
This. The plan was to spend the square root of f*** all, or just enough to be offset by the wages out and fees received. Then the fans started demonstrating and take over talk became far too real and they either shit themselves or decided spending a few more quid on the never, never on players might boost the selling price. Nothing else.
Defer as many payments and as much maintenance as possible, so any furore buyer will be saddled with the debt.

Absolute @#%&!s got away with murder, whichever way you look. Just the occasional reference in the media when there’s £#%&! all else to report.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:32 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There are no plans, Murtough. You bullshitting @#%&!.

You spent the last couple of weeks of the transfer window flailing about throwing money out of sheer panic.
he got 2 players that Ten Hag wanted although we paid over the odds for Anthony. I think he's trying to manage expectations that we wont buy anyone in the January window.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:36 AM
NedKelly

Big fan of John. He’s done wonders in the last window. The moment Woodward left you can tell the club pulled together. Obviously Frenkie didn’t work out but there’s no doubting he was one of Ten Hag’s targets and the club tried their best, it just wasn’t meant to be. But Eriksen, Martinez, Malacia and Antony are top signings.

Still think Joel meant it when he wrote that open letter apologising to us, and promising he’d be listening to the fans going forward. A top owner - he’s got my loyalty.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:36 AM
redhegemony

It would only make sense to buy in January if a key target becomes available or we have an injury problem or a big player (Ronaldo) leaves. Or if someone becomes unexpectedly available and we need a nudge.

We need to get out of the cycle of buying for the sake of it.

Better to use January to shift a few.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:38 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Thanks for accounting lesson.
You’re welcome. They’re really shuffling stuff aroun to make a loss and still declare divi.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:43 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Big fan of John. He’s done wonders in the last window. The moment Woodward left you can tell the club pulled together. Obviously Frenkie didn’t work out but there’s no doubting he was one of Ten Hag’s targets and the club tried their best, it just wasn’t meant to be. But Eriksen, Martinez, Malacia and Antony are top signings.

Still think Joel meant it when he wrote that open letter apologising to us, and promising he’d be listening to the fans going forward. A top owner - he’s got my loyalty.
and me. He comes from good stock as well. Fergie doesnt like him which indicates that he is not interested in his input or meddling, a good sign in my opinion. Eriksen, Martinez, Malacia and Antony have made immediate impacts & Casemiro will cement himself in that team, given a run of games.

Unread 23-09-2022, 07:57 AM
redhegemony

Don't think there's any doubt we are operating differently and backing the manager rather than the commercial side.

Unread 23-09-2022, 08:24 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Which, give or take a few million, is the dent they loaded on the club in the first place? A billion has gone out of the club and we’re no better off than we were in 2006.

Disgusting.

Unread 23-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave

Unread 23-09-2022, 09:23 AM
Ethers

Quote:
This. The plan was to spend the square root of £#%&! all, or just enough to be offset by the wages out and fees received. Then the fans started demonstrating and take over talk became far too real and they either shit themselves or decided spending a few more quid on the never, never on players might boost the selling price. Nothing else.
Hilarious to see this from a guy who told me I was wrong when I pointed out that he had been saying for months there was no money to spend

“No, I theorised that…..”

Crank.

Unread 23-09-2022, 10:16 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

The whole financial saga at utd has been a travesty since the glazers came near the club, richest to the most indebted overnight and then wood£#%&! running the club as the same accounting fraud he managed the buyout on, without a thought given to football.

Clubs £#%&!ed.

Unread 23-09-2022, 10:18 AM
wiganste

Utterly depressing isn't it?

I can't walk away either - it's been a big part of my life for 45 years.

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:46 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Which, give or take a few million, is the dent they loaded on the club in the first place? A billion has gone out of the club and we’re no better off than we were in 2006.

Disgusting.
We are. Revenues are well up compared to where they were, debt repayments are lower because of better terms compared to the PIKs and other instruments they tied us up with in the early years. I absolutely don't want them here because of failings outside of that (letting Woodward run the footballing side, neglect of Old Trafford, etc.) but financially we're on a generally stronger footing. That will improve further once we get a few more of the big hitters off the wage bill.

Fergie could have stopped it and the second big mistake was letting him and Gill leave at the same time. The third mistake was letting Woodward be in charge.

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:48 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Since my mate who works there told me you tory @#%&!.

Unread 23-09-2022, 11:58 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Utterly depressing isn't it?

I can't walk away either - it's been a big part of my life for 45 years.
Same as, I tried to go cold turkey but couldn't do it, it's like being a member of a cult
Closed Thread