United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2022, 06:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If they manage to get 5 players in this summer they’ll have done amazing things. Of course they have to talk up the absolute £#%&!ers that are already here as they are all going to be needed by and large.
Timber, Torres, Eriksen, DM and a CF would be decent business.

Obviously pie in the sky but…

Unread 26-05-2022, 07:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Crystal Palace.

AWB is nowhere near as bad as he was last season or as people think he is. His first 2 seasons he was good to very good most games. He’s fallen off a cliff in the last 12 months though.
Even at his best though, he was never more than bang average with the ball. Put in some superb defensive performances, most obviously when putting Sterling out of the game v the berties, but going forward his crossing rivals Bebe's for the worst I've ever seen.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Even at his best though, he was never more than bang average with the ball. Put in some superb defensive performances, most obviously when putting Sterling out of the game v the berties, but going forward his crossing rivals Bebe's for the worst I've ever seen.
AWB is dogshite.

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
AWB is dogshite.
I was being generous, I admit

Unread 26-05-2022, 08:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
If they manage to get 5 players in this summer they’ll have done amazing things. Of course they have to talk up the absolute £#%&!ers that are already here as they are all going to be needed by and large.
This. ETH is going to have to motivate and inspire our current bunch of shits regardless of what the dossier says.

Unread 26-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Pretty sure I read that one of the main reasons he got the gig is he said he’d be able to do a lot more with the current squad. So probably gonna be evolution not revolution Alan.

Unread 26-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He's about as comfortable with a football at his feet as i am on rollerskates. Sliding last-ditch tackles are his forte, unfortunately that's not the type of defender you need if you want to be a progressive, front-foot side.

Our selection of full backs are easily the worst in the top half of the division. Brighton's full backs put ours to shame.

Unread 26-05-2022, 11:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I was being generous, I admit
You nailed it. AWB is Sterling's kryptonite, just like Anderson was to Fabregas.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
Crystal Palace.

AWB is nowhere near as bad as he was last season or as people think he is. His first 2 seasons he was good to very good most games. He’s fallen off a cliff in the last 12 months though.
He’s terrible mate. The only player who could make me long for the halcyon days of Valencia.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:29 AM
Bobda

He's caught in compromising positions more frequently than the Torys.

Aaron Wan-Binsackoff

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Probably our worst squad player.

A defender that can't defend and offers nothing going forward....

A really really poor Valencia.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:40 AM
Dr Stranger

General criticism seems to be that he’s a good defender but shit going forwards.

He’s not even a good defender. He has one good attribute. He’s a good tackler. That’s it.

He’s about as far away from a modern day full back as you can get. City, Liverpool and Chelsea show that value of good full backs every week. We’re light years behind with ours. £50m too. Jesus. Yet another catastrophic signing.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:35 PM
Zorg

Very impressed with this shiny-bonced slaphead so far. Makes all the right noises, seems full of passion and doesn't suffer fools. Nice.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Very impressed with this shiny-bonced slaphead so far. Makes all the right noises, seems full of passion and doesn't suffer fools. Nice.
Agree with this. But the suit...

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It appears others feel the same way. I’m sure it’ll all change once the players meet him.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:05 PM
History

I like he's brought McClaren back. Great number 2 to have with him

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:12 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You nailed it. AWB is Sterling's kryptonite, just like Anderson was to Fabregas.
Phil Neville to Hazard

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:13 PM
Pop

He'll make a cracking devil at the club Halloween party. Has a satanic vibe about him.

Great marketing possibilities, probably why Utd hired him tbh.

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:17 PM
Drexl

He looks like the Tenacious D devil. Got the same pants and everything

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:23 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

He looks like the Tenacious D devil. Got the same pants and everything

https://youtu.be/akTj8bAD4fY

Great shout

Great tune
Closed Thread