United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well i don't know about that but they've spent their money very well and we've thrown hundreds of millions down the toilet over the last 10 years.

Ironically if we'd actually invested even half of that money from 2009-2014 like we should have done instead of having to put up with the 'no value' %@#$&!s then the fall from grace when Fergie left might not have been so steep.
Yep he’s been complicit in all this… Owen and Obertan FFS…

Not forgetting this a year later

https://www.football365.com/news/pre...chester-united

Unread 12-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thanks for that. Really makes the gloating city fans easier to stomach back here.

You probably don’t see this but city have 100% media support over here. It’s taken a German newspaper to report on their FFP transgressions. If it had been reported here earlier, they would have been prosecuted earlier and wouldn’t have escaped prosecution. It’s blatant cheating on a industrial scale - proven so - and no one, literally no one, gives a shit. It’s actually materially ruining football and still no one gives a shit. Dr stranger actively has a go at people celebrating their losses ffs.

You don’t give a shit because you live in Australia and have some historic beef with Liverpool - a club which to be fair to them, who have done it the right way despite their owners.

I hate city, not so much because they’ve turned into a massively successful football club, but because of the way they’ve done it and the fact that no one, takes them to task over it.
Exactly.

If it weren’t for Liverpool, this City side would be about to win their 5th league title in a row ffs. I’m not having that nobody cares about their success and it doesn’t matter. The only thing nobody seems to care about is the way they’ve got there - the financial doping, the brazen corruption. All we here is what a genius Pep is, and how much they’ve invested in their training complex etc.

Unread 12-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Jethro

I don't know a single City fan that I take seriously. Two max. They're all deranged idiots.

Case in point. I posted a picture of me and my daughter outside old trafford last night. Someone I know immediately posted a picture of City's goal difference to ours. They're so incredibly precious and he felt posting that would somehow get to me.

Pathetic £#%&!ers. All of them.

Unread 12-05-2022, 01:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I don't know a single City fan that I take seriously. Two max. They're all deranged idiots.

Case in point. I posted a picture of me and my daughter outside old trafford last night. Someone I know immediately posted a picture of City's goal difference to ours. They're so incredibly precious and he felt posting that would somehow get to me.

I've only known two City fans well, and this was my experience as well.

We lived together and we were good mates, but talk football and they were insufferable gits.

*Edit: One told us when he was absolutely shitfaced about a time he went to watch City against Arsenal with his brother and dad. City got @#%&!ted and on the way out of the ground he took his City top off and had a Arsenal shirt with Henry on the back underneath. He regretted telling me that.

Also not sure how his dad didn't disown him after that. Absolute die hard once that Oil money came in though...

Unread 12-05-2022, 01:03 PM
dunk

I know quite a few home and away match going blues, and whenever football is brought up they’re awful, nasty, twisted liars. No self awareness whatsoever.

They abasolutely £#%&!ing detest the fact that all the reds would rather they win it than the dippers, especially when the reason given is that Liverpool are a proper club. Nasty is the only way to describe how they react, no humour at all

Unread 12-05-2022, 01:06 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Think this is where people go wrong:

I don’t know any city fans
I don’t take them seriously etc etc

It’s all seen from a very narrow personal viewpoint. Good for you.

Meanwhile, the highest scoring team in the league have just signed the best striker in the world. They will dominate for the foreseeable.

Meanwhile, we will continue to apply lipstick to a pig.

But that’s fine because you don’t take city fans seriously.

Unread 12-05-2022, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:

Meanwhile, the highest scoring team in the league have just signed the best striker in the world. They will dominate for the foreseeable.

What would we do if we were to take them seriously?

They are absolutely desperate to rub our noses in it and for us to feel like they have for all their lives up to a lottery win. The fact we couldn’t give much of a £#%&! and are twice as vitriolic towards our own club and more interested in what we’re doing disheartens them greatly. They’ve only ever cared what we were up to, they can’t get their heads around it.

Unread 12-05-2022, 01:14 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Ok. I'll start taking them super seriously seeing they're a threat to our very existence.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Ok. I'll start taking them super seriously seeing they're a threat to our very existence.

Love a bit of Fred sarcasm…

One of the things I’ll miss the most tbh.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

I don’t want people to wet their knickers but equally not hide behind some pretend ambivalence.

Suppose I just hate the @#%&!s and want them to fail at everything. Whatevs, here’s hoping you can be ambivalent for a long long time.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Thanks for that. Really makes the gloating city fans easier to stomach back here.

You probably don’t see this but city have 100% media support over here. It’s taken a German newspaper to report on their FFP transgressions. If it had been reported here earlier, they would have been prosecuted earlier and wouldn’t have escaped prosecution. It’s blatant cheating on a industrial scale - proven so - and no one, literally no one, gives a shit. It’s actually materially ruining football and still no one gives a shit. Dr stranger actively has a go at people celebrating their losses ffs.

You don’t give a shit because you live in Australia and have some historic beef with Liverpool - a club which to be fair to them, who have done it the right way despite their owners.

I hate city, not so much because they’ve turned into a massively successful football club, but because of the way they’ve done it and the fact that no one, takes them to task over it.
Superb post mate.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:20 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
I don’t want people to wet their knickers but equally not hide behind some pretend ambivalence.

Suppose I just hate the @#%&!s and want them to fail at everything. Whatevs, here’s hoping you can be ambivalent for a long long time.
Wasn’t it you a few years back who was forever going on about how great they were, academy this, blue sauce that to the point you were being labelled purple.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:

I remember being £#%&!ing furious when they beat us in the FA Cup semi and were on the way the their first trophy and everyone on here saying I was overreacting when saying it was just the start tbh.

Over time though, the brazen cheating aspect just numbs me towards it and them. £#%&! all we can do if we’re not on an even remotely level playing field. The fact we aren’t operating under the same rules is evidenced by the abject panic, and as a result £#%&!ing awful decisions of the dicks in charge at our place, at the looming threat.

What Liverpool have and are managing £#%&!s me off x1000 because they’re operating under the same rules, and if anything, are worse off, but are making a miles better job of it

City fans are funny when they’re winning, much as I don’t like them winning, as they are truly flummoxed most of the time.

Dippers fans are the most graceless winners to ever exist.

It’s never the end either. I’m hoping there will be another 60 champions before I peg out, they won’t all be City or the Dippers.

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Wasn’t it you a few years back who was forever going on about how great they were, academy this, blue sauce that to the point you were being labelled purple.
No, you £#%&!ing Australian #@&%!, I was saying that city’s investment in their academy and their infrastructure was insane and dwarfed that of united and that our own infrastructure, hierarchy and club management was massively lacking.

The low iq crew jumped on this as me bigging up city when I was actually making the point that united needed to get its act together.

I don’t know, perhaps I might have been right?

Unread 12-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Looks like this is the cathartic thread so I'll take a stab. Back when we were wiping the floor with the entire country I would occasionally hear/read comments mainly from dippers who said that they were largely numb to our success and were only interested in seeing their own club improve. I thought it was a coping mechanism/denial but now being on the other side I see it.

We are light years away from city/scouse, they are still the two clubs I would least like to see succeed but we are essentially playing a different sport so the distance helps. If we were a decent team then in particular city's success (at our expense) would hurt much more than it does because their rule breaking is so brazen.

I'm sure it's still partly a coping mechanism but crossing the Atlantic, getting older, having kids, modern football getting progressively worse etc all help to numb the pain of United/rivals success. If I moved back and United were top dogs I'd still be buzzing of course but I was back a few weeks ago and chatting to a mate, huge sound Liverpool fan and he was saying that even though he enjoys seeing them win all the time he hates everything else about modern football and wishes they had been successful back when the game had characters, individual play not grindingly dull systems, no var etc

Unread 12-05-2022, 03:05 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
No, you £#%&!ing Australian #@&%!, I was saying that city’s investment in their academy and their infrastructure was insane and dwarfed that of united and that our own infrastructure, hierarchy and club management was massively lacking.

The low iq crew jumped on this as me bigging up city when I was actually making the point that united needed to get its act together.

I don’t know, perhaps I might have been right?
Ah right. It was you who came off as being very purpley. Makes sense to not open that trap door again. Keep at it. Maybe tone down the anger a bit though pal.

P.S. not an Aussie, I’ve never even praised their qualities before.

Unread 12-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Ah right. It was you who came off as being very purpley. Makes sense to not open that trap door again. Keep at it. Maybe tone down the anger a bit though pal.

P.S. not an Aussie, I’ve never even praised their qualities before.
Never angry pal. Just confused. How can someone who hates city more than Liverpool, is concerned at their progress whilst we stagnate and finds it difficult to understand why people are so ambivalent towards city come across as being purpley? Is it not the other way round?

It makes zero sense what you’re saying. Perhaps that’s the issue I’ve got.

Unread 12-05-2022, 03:26 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Never angry pal. Just confused. How can someone who hates city more than Liverpool, is concerned at their progress whilst we stagnate and finds it difficult to understand why people are so ambivalent towards city come across as being purpley? Is it not the other way round?

It makes zero sense what you’re saying. Perhaps that’s the issue I’ve got.
Oh, you’ve misunderstood me. Your new name/persona (whatever) is staunchly anti City, you hate the Bertie bastards for sure.

Unread 12-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Oh, you’ve misunderstood me. Your new name/persona (whatever) is staunchly anti City, you hate the Bertie bastards for sure.
Yep, defo don’t understand you but I don’t think it’s my comprehension skills that are in question. Rather you cse grade attempt at shit stirring.

Lates.

Unread 12-05-2022, 03:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Looks like this is the cathartic thread so I'll take a stab. Back when we were wiping the floor with the entire country I would occasionally hear/read comments mainly from dippers who said that they were largely numb to our success and were only interested in seeing their own club improve. I thought it was a coping mechanism/denial but now being on the other side I see it.

We are light years away from city/scouse, they are still the two clubs I would least like to see succeed but we are essentially playing a different sport so the distance helps. If we were a decent team then in particular city's success (at our expense) would hurt much more than it does because their rule breaking is so brazen.

I'm sure it's still partly a coping mechanism but crossing the Atlantic, getting older, having kids, modern football getting progressively worse etc all help to numb the pain of United/rivals success. If I moved back and United were top dogs I'd still be buzzing of course but I was back a few weeks ago and chatting to a mate, huge sound Liverpool fan and he was saying that even though he enjoys seeing them win all the time he hates everything else about modern football and wishes they had been successful back when the game had characters, individual play not grindingly dull systems, no var etc
Good post.

I just can't really decide between the awfulness of liverpool or city winning everything. It's all so £#%&!ing hideous it's hard to believe it's even true, so I try not to think about it too much.

It's easier living abroad though*, if I was still back in Burnage the berties would do my head in. Especially as I know the ones who used to gibber on about being a 'real football club' immediately started wearing tea towels on their heads the moment the oil money came in.

* although I was at a match here the other day, at Union St Gilloise who are trying to win the Belgian league, and they've risen so fast their ground isn't up to CL football. In the massive queue to get in, this one bloke said 'imagine if we get in the champions league and draw man city'. I just thought, £#%&! me, how things have changed. When man city are mentioned I still think of Brian Horton and Peter Beagrie.
Closed Thread