United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I thought AWB & Maguire were wrong at the time, didn't think they were good enough. Now they're worse players.
Had no clue about Fred but made my mind up when I found out he was a midget
maguire is a bit hodoresque. wan b.... would look better if he stuck to what he's good at and his centre back shouted at him to £#%&! off wide... a lot. or he played in a three and it was someone else's job to watch the winger. maybe mtm or... I don't want to say it (but think just scampering around tackling shit ).

fred is smaller than kleberson. and kleberson was tiny.

Unread 24-11-2021, 02:37 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Watching Wan Bissaka constantly getting the ball stuck under his feet under the tiniest bit of pressure was embarrassing, how this guy is paid to play football for a living is mind boggling, he's the worst of the lot of them.

Its like when you watch an athlete from another sport playing in Soccer aid, you can tell he's physically fit and capable but there's something about their gait or how they control a pass or even pass the ball that you can tell they're not pros and never could've been, that's what this dozy @#%&! looks like.

And how come no one that's ever coached him since he's came to United drilled it into him to keep an eye on what's over his shoulder?? the amount of times he's caught like that makes me think he's f***ing slow mentally
Looks a bit #@&%!ed

Oops....
Can I say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
god damn. how are these approved
Fu....ed up scouting
What else 😀

Unread 24-11-2021, 09:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Looks a bit #@&%!ed

Oops....
Can I say that?
this makes me really angry. it's "may I say that?"

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
eyes bleeding

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Bion

Quote:
Elegant first touch

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Elegant first touch

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Buck

Wan-Bissaka has performed well below his standard this season. He is an excellent 1v1 defender and usually does very well in big games but the attacking side of his game needs a lot of work on. Ole probably should have utilised Dalot more to maintain a healthy competition for the position. Telles being in the squad coincided with Shaw going up a level last season.

He's still a young player and this is probably the first bad period of his career but even then out of the regular back four in the last month he has probably been the least worst out of the bunch. So low has the bar been with the others. He is the opposite of most present day full backs who are good going forward but can't defend. I saw this picture recently and have no idea what is going on here. Hopefully the new manager can sort it out.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

even when he's on form he's still a liability. Cross into the back post and he might aswel not be there.

does well for all out defending against sterling though.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Wan-Bissaka has performed well below his standard this season. He is an excellent 1v1 defender and usually does very well in big games but the attacking side of his game needs a lot of work on. Ole probably should have utilised Dalot more to maintain a healthy competition for the position. Telles being in the squad coincided with Shaw going up a level last season.

He's still a young player and this is probably the first bad period of his career but even then out of the regular back four in the last month he has probably been the least worst out of the bunch. So low has the bar been with the others. He is the opposite of most present day full backs who are good going forward but can't defend. I saw this picture recently and have no idea what is going on here. Hopefully the new manager can sort it out.

He is last ditch.com which generally means your positioning and reading of the play is lacking in the first instance.

Full back requires a bit more than being decent 1 vs 1. You need to be able to read the game and know when to cover for the centre half, how to defend the back post etc. Things he is found badly wanting at, time and time again. And that's without getting into how woeful he is on the ball and over the halfway line.

He should be playing for a side in the bottom half of the league.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:28 PM
jem

wan b is hopeless going forward - even when he does knock it past someone, he almost never gets a cross in. and usually trips himself up.

but I used to think at least he could defend. however, it has become very apparent that he can tackle. and that's not the same thing. his constant drifting into the centre and ignoring what his winger is doing is infuriating and costly. but that could, I hope, be cured by a good coach. don't let him in the opposition half and keep him out of our penalty area.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Could happen soon tbf.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
wan b is hopeless going forward - even when he does knock it past someone, he almost never gets a cross in. and usually trips himself up.

but I used to think at least he could defend. however, it has become very apparent that he can tackle. and that's not the same thing. his constant drifting into the centre and ignoring what his winger is doing is infuriating and costly. but that could, I hope, be cured by a good coach. don't let him in the opposition half and keep him out of our penalty area.
Being a decent attacker is quite important for full backs in the modern game though.

We've basically had limited threat from our right side for the last 2 1/2 years. Part of the reason we struggle to break teams down imo.

The fact Ole didn't recognise this was one of the biggest concerns i had about him.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Being a decent attacker is quite important for full backs in the modern game though.
I agree. he's an incomplete player, if used at rb (even more so at wb).

but he's also incomplete even if you see him purely as a defender. tackling is great, but awareness and discipline are also important. might as well play pogba at rb.

Unread 25-11-2021, 02:14 PM
Bunker Buster

He cost us the champions league knockouts with his frankly disgusting positional sense....

He's also worse than Valencia for going backwards when he should go byline...

Would rather Buttner came back....

Unread 25-11-2021, 02:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He cost us the champions league knockouts with his frankly disgusting positional sense....

He’s also, dare I say it, worse than Valencia at crossing?

Unread 25-11-2021, 02:41 PM
jem

I like valencia, but there's no defending his crosses*.

Unread 25-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He is last ditch.com which generally means your positioning and reading of the play is lacking in the first instance.

Full back requires a bit more than being decent 1 vs 1. You need to be able to read the game and know when to cover for the centre half, how to defend the back post etc. Things he is found badly wanting at, time and time again. And that's without getting into how woeful he is on the ball and over the halfway line.

The whole team playing like a side in the bottom half of the league...
Wait, we almost there

Unread 25-11-2021, 02:50 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

The start of last season v Brighton was when it dawned on me how bad positionally he was, the guy Trossard could've had a hat trick in the 1st half that day because he kept floating in behind Wan B, it was f'kin basic stuff & I imagine most full backs would be able to realise what was going wrong and correct themselves to try and stop it, but not our Aaron. It wasn't a one off either it just gradually got worse. Remember in Europe that season Angelino had him on toast from the first minute & Salzburg deliberately targeted him that night and most teams have ever since.

This lad isn't ever gonna make it at this level, having a player that struggles with receiving and passing the ball in the team is hamstringing us from the get go. Give Dalot the position or can we take Laird back?

Unread 25-11-2021, 03:07 PM
puressence

brightons fulls back cost less than degea in 2011 . and the pair of em are probably second to liverpools two main full backs ..