Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Wasn't it Conte who signed Lukaku, Sanchez and Young from us? If so, I don't want him anywhere near United.
Yes, and he won the scudetto with them.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I know where you're coming from but we need the sort of coaching he gives.

He'd drill the side, there would be a tactical plan, he'd be capable of managing in-game, we'd be hard to score against and hard to beat.

All the things we aren't under Ole.
Yep.

My first choice.

He’ll come here win things and then £#%&! off but let’s get away from thinking we need a manger to be here for decades.

Also thinking the manager is the man to ‘rebuild’ (not that we need one) the squad and instead sort the £#%&!ing structure out about the manager (we might have already done this?).

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Marotta generally oversees transfers. They managed to get him after he left Juve - also masterminded Juve's return to dominance after their promotion and a few years of doing nothing.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
The winning isn't the be-all-and-end-all for me, Zorg.

Mourinho won a couple of things here, but I didn't get much joy from how we went about it.

I'd rather see us playing decent football first. Stylish, attacking, entertaining, cohesive football. We have the players for it.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Also thinking the manager is the man to ‘rebuild’ (not that we need one) the squad and instead sort the £#%&!ing structure out about the manager (we might have already done this?).

One area Ole does deserve praise is the way he's overhauled the squad.

We still need to get rid of 4 or 5 but the 1st team is only a couple of players away from challenging...with the right coach.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Mourinho won a couple of things here, but I didn't get much joy from how we went about it.

I'd rather see us playing decent football first. Stylish, attacking, entertaining, cohesive football. We have the players for it.
Oh me too, by miles. But right now, not being roundly humiliated by Liverpool is at the top of my list. And I think Conte's negative football has been overstated anyway. Would much rather Ten Hag, but could never imagine the right people at United having even heard of him, never mind having the guts to get him.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:11 PM
AK14

Quote:

We still need to get rid of 4 or 5 but the 1st team is only a couple of players away from challenging...with the right coach.
Definitely.

He’s done some good things but he’s taken us as far as he can.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Give any £#%&!er on here £450m and they could probably have done similar tbf.

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:15 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

the squad, on paper, is a lot better than it was when lvg and jose both took over. we just need a top manager to get this squad ole has built to fulfil its potential.

i'd like ole to be remembered for laying the foundations. i just can't bring myself to view him with any disdain but he needs to go

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:25 PM
AK14

This has me sold

Switch out Candreva for Sancho

Sign a couple of midfielders

Ronaldo and Greenwood/Rashford up top.

He’ll be gone in a couple of years in which time the Ajax lad or perhaps Flick will be available.

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
This has me sold

https://youtu.be/MKlJ6a9f8oY

Switch out Candreva for Sancho

Sign a couple of midfielders

Ronaldo and Greenwood/Rashford up top.

He’ll be gone in a couple of years in which time the Ajax lad or perhaps Flick will be available.
Can’t wait to see the Ole one.

“After ensuring surrendering of possession by aiming crosses directly at opponents shins, Solskjaer prefers his midfielders to utilise their inherent United DNA to intimidate the opposition midfield at a range no closer than 30 yards…”

Unread 25-10-2021, 01:10 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

“After ensuring surrendering of possession by aiming crosses directly at opponents shins, Solskjaer prefers his midfielders to utilise their inherent United DNA to intimidate the opposition midfield at a range no closer than 30 yards…”

'Guess the press'

Unread 25-10-2021, 04:41 AM
saffers

Conte has to be the one.

What are the cons?

Shit football? %@#$&!s. We've played shit football for most of Oles reign and people have been loving it apparently. Best football post fergie according to certain lads.

Unread 25-10-2021, 04:48 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Oh, do £#%&! off. After that abomination yesterday I want us to grind out results any way we can and then we can concentrate on being "the entertainers" © Richard Keyes.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

You asked for it pal

Not watched it myself

But when a £#%&!ing YouTuber rips your tactics apart you know it’s time to give up.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:32 AM
MagnificentSeven

it's a myth that conte just parks the bus every game. his chelsea side looked absolutely dangerous going forward at times, and remember they tore us apart 4-0 too. pissed the league in his first season there, and they scored 85 goals on the way. it's hardly the same as someone like allardyce, pulis or dyche ffs.

just that his tactics place a strong emphasis on the defensive side of the game, but is that not what we need right now?

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:33 AM
ryanMUFC

He’s the one.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
it's a myth that conte just parks the bus every game. his chelsea side looked absolutely dangerous going forward at times, and remember they tore us apart 4-0 too. pissed the league in his first season there, and they scored 85 goals on the way. it's hardly the same as someone like allardyce, pulis or dyche ffs.

just that his tactics place a strong emphasis on the defensive side of the game, but is that not what we need right now?

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:40 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
moyesey's having another good season with west ham and has already beaten us this season. is it time for the homecoming redemption arc to take place?

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
You asked for it pal

https://youtu.be/Epygwgr_x0Q

Not watched it myself

But when a £#%&!ing YouTuber rips your tactics apart you know it’s time to give up.
Oh £#%&!ing hell. I was only half serous. Might need a coffee for this one.
Closed Thread