United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:16 PM
puressence

Still buzzing still fuming. Thoughts with saffers imagine him those last mins. We go 1-2 up he’s gutted his team
Get a pen he’s buzzing his brexit loving hero noble steps up never misses and he misses he’s back down to the floor. 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:28 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep. I could see why it wasn't given but having seen it again since. More of a pen than I thought.

Disgusting from the ref and VAR today.
"Ronaldo just runs into his leg and falls over"

Yes...because the guy put his leg in the way. What's Ronaldo supposed to do?

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:34 PM
jem

martin atkinson hates ronaldo. two of those were nailed on.

still.... penalty redemption for the goat in goal.

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This today along with the utterly baffling decision to overturn Walker's pen at City yesterday really does make you think what the £#%&! is going on with VAR this season.
Still not seen that.

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
martin atkinson hates ronaldo. two of those were nailed on.

still.... penalty redemption for the goat in goal.
Remember 2008 when Portsmouth beat us 1-0 in the FA Cup?

Ronaldo was denied a nailed on penalty in the first half at 0-0.

Anyone care to guess who the referee was that day?

Unread 19-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still not seen that.
1:20 onwards

Unread 19-09-2021, 10:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He just sat on him how have they overturned that

Unread 19-09-2021, 10:13 PM
AK14

Unread 19-09-2021, 10:20 PM
Dr Stranger

“Fackin’ Ell!”

Unread 19-09-2021, 10:25 PM
Big Norm

The away end.

Unread 20-09-2021, 03:31 AM
shenwen

Watching the replays, starting to have second thoughts about the third penalty call, but it's the first one that was stonewall. At the very least, they have to ask the ref to take another look.

But £#%&! it, adds to the sweetness of the win. Mark Noble

Full marks to Ole and his belief in Lingard. If he can make a player of that goblin, it will be some achievement.

The depth we have up front is mental. I'm counting at least 10 quality players scrapping for those front four places. If only the midfield had something similar.

Unread 20-09-2021, 03:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Watching the replays, starting to have second thoughts about the third penalty call, but it's the first one that was stonewall. At the very least, they have to ask the ref to take another look.

But £#%&! it, adds to the sweetness of the win. Mark Noble

Full marks to Ole and his belief in Lingard. If he can make a player of that goblin, it will be some achievement.

The depth we have up front is mental. I'm counting at least 10 quality players scrapping for those front four places. If only the midfield had something similar.
Yep - league cup will be a good chance to get some lads motoring along.

I would definitely start Sancho on Wednesday.

Unread 20-09-2021, 04:11 AM
westcoastvan

I think the most notable thing for me in this game, outside of a foul not getting called on Ronaldo was...

the difference in play the short time Matic was on the field, he's so much better than Fred at moving the ball up the field....I just wish he still had the fitness level to be a regular starting 11.

David De Gea save was good to.

Unread 20-09-2021, 04:50 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
I think the most notable thing for me in this game, outside of a foul not getting called on Ronaldo was...

the difference in play the short time Matic was on the field, he's so much better than Fred at moving the ball up the field....I just wish he still had the fitness level to be a regular starting 11.

Neither Fred nor McT move the ball fast enough through the channels. Fred in particular is all about sideways, easy pass (and he still manages to mess that up). It slows down the attack. He just doesn’t have the quality or vision needed. Add this to how often he loses the ball and sets off opposition attacks, no idea why he’s getting picked.

And I don’t see McT being that much better, although give him some benefit of the doubt as he was likely concussed from that ball to the mush.

Unread 20-09-2021, 06:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

Matic is hugely underrated technically which i'm sure is in part due to his large frame. I don't think any of our midfielders are fit to lace his peak level boots.

If he was 5 years younger we'd be a completely different proposition.

Unread 20-09-2021, 06:27 AM
jem

we all know mcfred isn't good enough. the gap in midfield (for their goal, but generally).... fred's passing....

Unread 20-09-2021, 06:41 AM
Patty_b

Thought The Scottish Player was poor for the first 30 mins, then he got up to speed and was good for the rest of the game. Always looked to pass forward and cover the full length of the pitch.

It's not right that he's our best midfielder, but he is. Glad he's back and fit.

Unread 20-09-2021, 06:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Thought The Scottish Player was poor for the first 30 mins, then he got up to speed and was good for the rest of the game. Always looked to pass forward and cover the full length of the pitch.

It's not right that he's our best midfielder, but he is. Glad he's back and fit.
The pass he made for one of Ronnie’s chances was brillIant

Very underrated player.

Unread 20-09-2021, 07:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The pass he made for one of Ronnie’s chances was brillIant

Very underrated player.
Probably the pass of the match. Thought he played well.

Unread 20-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Agreed. He grew into it.