United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:08 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dunno about the league but this lot aren't getting anywhere near winning the european cup. Absolutely £#%&!ing no chance.
If someone else had said this I'd wouldn't take it seriously but coming from a super optimist like you I've got to take it seriously.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:13 PM
dunk

We’re going to struggle to win a major trophy until we can take care of the bull without being easily bullied through the middle of the pitch.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Not for me it's not. Stay bitter. Enjoy your bitterness. Wallow in it.

I'm up for United even if you aren't.
I love United, pal. That's why nights like tonight still hurt even if we have got a bit more used to them in recent years.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
If someone else had said this I'd wouldn't take it seriously but coming from a super optimist like you I've got to take it seriously.
Take it however you want.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I love United, pal. That's why nights like tonight still hurt even if we have got a bit more used to them in recent years.
You revel in failure. You like bad results so you can criticise. It's not a big deal to be but it is the reality of the situation.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You revel in failure. You like bad results so you can criticise. It's not a big deal to be but it is the reality of the situation.
You think i didn't enjoy our wins this season?

I don't even share the revisionism of some that we were actually bad against Newcastle - play like that all season and I will be delighted.

Tonight was different, though.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:19 PM
saffers

Proper sickener this.

Obviously all the negativity coming back.

Even I was saying we can win the league. I realised after this reality check that there is just no £#%&!ing way we can win something with a manager so tactically inept. Dunno for how long elite players like Ronaldo and Varane will put up with this stuff before they arrange for Zidanes arrival.

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:20 PM
NedKelly

It’s still on in the league but we seem to have some kind of mental block in the CL. We should be burying Young Boys (lol) and owning our group from the off. Instead we’re limping through and have already put more pressure on ourselves to deal with. I just want a confident run to the quarters. Is that too much to ask?

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Proper sickener this.

Obviously all the negativity coming back.

Even I was saying we can win the league. I realised after this reality check that there is just no £#%&!ing way we can win something with a manager so tactically inept. Dunno for how long elite players like Ronaldo and Varane will put up with this stuff before they arrange for Zidanes arrival.
Now, if wants someone who revels in failure.......

Unread 14-09-2021, 07:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Now, if wants someone who revels in failure.......
Yeah im clearly enjoying this after embarrassingly saying we will win the league.

Im £#%&!ing angry. Sick of this shit.

Unread 14-09-2021, 08:04 PM
Bunker Buster

"whisper it" thread is league only boys...

Please post accordingly...

Many thanks

Unread 14-09-2021, 08:25 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Yeah im clearly enjoying this after embarrassingly saying we will win the league.

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:04 PM
armchair

Quote:

you kind of are tbf. You post a lot more when we lose.

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:24 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Barry if you think this is one of our best squads ever then surely Ole needs to win the league and/or the CL or he should go no?

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:41 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Barry if you think this is one of our best squads ever then surely Ole needs to win the league and/or the CL or he should go no?
He needs to be in the mix, for sure. QF of the Champions League and within a few points of first place at a minimum. If he gets us close enough, then I'd still give him the first quarter of next season as well before even considering sacking him (i.e a full pre-season with Ronnie and the defensive midfielder we need to round off the current crop).

At the end of the day, all of our teams from our glory days - from the Busby Babes through to the last team that won the CL - had their off days. No manager made perfect selections or got the subs right in each and every match. Tonight may well have been the result of a comedown from a truly euphoric weekend, and hopefully just a blip (and a truly unfortunate one at that).

I say %@#$&!s to the Ole out brigade and the tantrums over a solitary loss. Love Utd, love Ole, love SAF (who no doubt supports him in his role) and hate the Glazers.

On.

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
He needs to be in the mix, for sure. QF of the Champions League and within a few points of first place at a minimum. If he gets us close enough, then I'd still give him the first quarter of next season as well before even considering sacking him (i.e a full pre-season with Ronnie and the defensive midfielder we need to round off the current crop).

At the end of the day, all of our teams from our glory days - from the Busby Babes through to the last team that won the CL - had their off days. No manager made perfect selections or got the subs right in each and every match. Tonight may well have been the result of a comedown from a truly euphoric weekend, and hopefully just a blip (and a truly unfortunate one at that).

I say %@#$&!s to the Ole out brigade and the tantrums over a solitary loss. Love Utd, love Ole, love SAF (who no doubt supports him in his role) and hate the Glazers.

On.
This wasn't an isolated, one-off, rarity. This happens on the regular when we play away in the champions league these days. He's a lovely guy, but an elite level manager he is not.

And now with the players he has at his disposal, these performances are going to be quite rightly scrutinised.

Unread 14-09-2021, 09:56 PM
BarryX

Quote:
This wasn't an isolated, one-off, rarity. This happens on the regular when we play away in the champions league these days. He's a lovely guy, but an elite level manager he is not.

And now with the players he has at his disposal, these performances are going to be quite rightly scrutinised.
It's been a pretty major rebuild though, with hopefully the final piece of the jigsaw (bar the DM) in place for just over a week. Scrutinise, sure, but calling for his head after one bad result I just don't get. Maybe it's just me, but I value loyalty and sticking by our club's legends and traditions a whole lot more than winning every single game.

Unread 14-09-2021, 10:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
It's been a pretty major rebuild though, with hopefully the final piece of the jigsaw (bar the DM) in place for just over a week. Scrutinise, sure, but calling for his head after one bad result I just don't get. Maybe it's just me, but I value loyalty and sticking by our club's legends and traditions a whole lot more than winning every single game.
It's not one bad result though is it? That's the thing. We've seen this performance countless times over the last £#%&!ing 3 years. Aside from the fact we've bulldozed two pretty hopelessly shit teams at home this season, we've been absolutely appalling away from home. Abysmal.

Southampton, Wolves and now tonight. No control in any of the games, teams walking through us, headless chicken midfield and were it not for the fact that southampton and wolves couldn't finish their £#%&!ing dinner, we'd have probably lost all 3 away games.

Semi-finals, finals, key champions league do-or-die group games last season and it's the same £#%&!ing thing.

In the champions league ...oh look United get their pants pulled down by Bratwurst FC with some b-tec Jurgen Klopp in the dugout and Everyone sat there afterwards going "what the £#%&! is Ole actually doing?" £#%&!ing groundhog day. You can give people all the varane's and the Ronaldo's and all the 'winners' you like - but if the guy putting them on the pitch isn't good enough to manage at this level then you're never going to win anything of any real note.

Why the £#%&! was Wan-Bissaka getting sent off enough to force us into playing like some pub league chancers in that 2nd half? Why the £#%&! were a club that has spent untold millions on champions league winners and forked out world record fees for players, not confident or capable enough to take the game to a team from the £#%&!ing swiss league managed by a bloke who used to manage Huddersfield?

Baffling substitutions that have yet again cost us the game. He has to be the worst manager i've ever seen at United for making subs and tactical changes considering what he had on the bench and the pitch. The absolute worst.

If he doesn't make it out of this champions league group and we end up in that £#%&!ing cursed thursday night shit show again, then as far as i'm concerned he can sub himself back to Molde.

Unread 14-09-2021, 10:32 PM
tatty

I don't see his decision-making, tactics or game management improving and United aren't a club where new managers should be trying out their training wheels.

I would love to eat humble pie about Ole but I just don't see it happening for him and it looks like we will drag it out far longer than we otherwise would because he's a 'legend'.

Unread 14-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
It's not one bad result though is it? That's the thing. We've seen this performance countless times over the last £#%&!ing 3 years. Aside from the fact we've bulldozed two pretty hopelessly shit teams at home this season, we've been absolutely appalling away from home. Abysmal.

Southampton, Wolves and now tonight. No control in any of the games, teams walking through us, headless chicken midfield and were it not for the fact that southampton and wolves couldn't finish their £#%&!ing dinner, we'd have probably lost all 3 away games.

Semi-finals, finals, key champions league do-or-die group games last season and it's the same £#%&!ing thing.

In the champions league ...oh look United get their pants pulled down by Bratwurst FC with some b-tec Jurgen Klopp in the dugout and Everyone sat there afterwards going "what the £#%&! is Ole actually doing?" £#%&!ing groundhog day. You can give people all the varane's and the Ronaldo's and all the 'winners' you like - but if the guy putting them on the pitch isn't good enough to manage at this level then you're never going to win anything of any real note.

Why the £#%&! was Wan-Bissaka getting sent off enough to force us into playing like some pub league chancers in that 2nd half? Why the £#%&! were a club that has spent untold millions on champions league winners and forked out world record fees for players, not confident or capable enough to take the game to a team from the £#%&!ing swiss league managed by a bloke who used to manage Huddersfield?

Baffling substitutions that have yet again cost us the game. He has to be the worst manager i've ever seen at United for making subs and tactical changes considering what he had on the bench and the pitch. The absolute worst.

If he doesn't make it out of this champions league group and we end up in that £#%&!ing cursed thursday night shit show again, then as far as i'm concerned he can sub himself back to Molde.
If he doesn’t get out of this group he’ll be gone and rightly so. You can’t amass a squad like he now has (all credit to him for that) and fail at the first hurdle playing shite like young boys.

We’ll easily get through imv.
Closed Thread