Unread 21-07-2021, 03:10 PM
Sparky***

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270682

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:13 PM
NedKelly

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:14 PM
tatty

Sancho, Varane and Neves.

I'd go to pretty much any lengths to avoid praising Woody but if we sign those 3 I will begrudgingly acknowledge he's had an ok window.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Sancho, Varane and Neves.

I'd go to pretty much any lengths to avoid praising Woody but if we sign those 3 I will begrudgingly acknowledge he's had an ok window.
£#%&! him, iohn Murtough deserves the praise (if this isn't all %@#$&!s).

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:21 PM
20LEgend1999

I always rated Ruben Neves, but then Duane Pipe said he isn't that good (or wasn't last season) and I assume he watches him more than the 2-4 times a year I do, so I changed my mind.

Happy to revert back to my previous position if it looks like we're going to sign him at any point though.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:22 PM
dunk

I like Neves, definitely a better fit for that DM role than anyone else currently at the club, but is he the best we can do..?

Apparently Rice has turned down a contract and West Ham’s hand has weakened significantly.. £40m and Lingard?

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I like Neves, definitely a better fit for that DM role than anyone else currently at the club, but is he the best we can do..?

Apparently Rice has turned down a contract and West Ham’s hand has weakened significantly.. £40m and Lingard?
He’d be like a modern Carrick. Just nicely keeps things ticking over especially if we’re going attacking 433. Would be a superb addition.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Coracao

Not convinced on this one at all.

Think he lacks mobility. Pops up with the odd spectacular effort, which seem to mask plenty of his failings.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Dr Stranger

I’d much rather Neves than Rice. And he’d be faaar easier to get and around half the price.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d much rather Neves than Rice. And he’d be faaar easier to get and around half the price.
Not a chance I'd take him over Rice.

Probably more gettable as he's worse

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not a chance I'd take him over Rice.

Probably more gettable as he's worse
Fair enough. I respectfully disagree.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Patty_b

Said a lot in the Rice thread that Neves is the man for me. He's the one, exactly what we need in a deep midfielder. Wolves don't play to his strength imo, but would fit into our team perfectly.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:36 PM
tatty

Quote:

Think he lacks mobility. Pops up with the odd spectacular effort, which seem to mask plenty of his failings.

What are we talking here...not quite as much mobility as you'd like...or Matic level paraplegia?

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:40 PM
NedKelly

Rice living rent free in some heads. Make no mistake, he’d be a God here. But I’ll settle for Ruben Neves (or Clint Beastwood, as he’s known among Wolves fans).

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
What are we talking here...not quite as much mobility as you'd like...or Matic level paraplegia?
Too laborious for that part of the pitch and the way I'd like to see us play. Not convinced his positional awareness is at the level to compensate.

Would be an underwhelming signing for me in a position we need someone to come in and make a significant impact. A nice player, when we need a very good or great one. Would be ok as a squad player...maybe.

Unread 21-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Said a lot in the Rice thread that Neves is the man for me. He's the one, exactly what we need in a deep midfielder. Wolves don't play to his strength imo, but would fit into our team perfectly.
He wasn’t great last season, but that whole Wolves team had become stale under Nuno.

McFred’s biggest flaw is their inconsistency on the ball, especially against pressing teams. We need players more comfortable on the ball in midfield and at the back. Varane and Neves would improve us greatly.

I don’t mind Rice, but I don’t see a top player there. Looks like a CB playing in midfield. I’d rather someone more comfortable on the ball.

Time For Heroes

Quote:

This, seem to remember him being sub a few times last season and couldn't get in the Portugal team at the age of 24? I think he's decent but his spectacular goals seem to make him out to be something special.

ScarFace

Wolves are doing a fire sale. Dont believe anything

Would take him right away
Closed Thread