United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
as mentioned in the match thread, he spoilt it by saying ole should have brought the don on. like £#%&!.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

McTommers is absolutely fine as a squad player, Fred is struggling a bit even there tbf.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Red Santos

Should be squad players only. We need better.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Truest word he's said in a long while, if anything encapsulates how far behind City we are it's those two sitting there on hundreds of appearances for United despite the pair of them being nothing more than offensively average.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:25 PM
utd99

Hands up, I think I was wrong. Fred’s just not good enough and McT hasn’t pushed on anywhere near as much as I’d hoped.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:33 PM
dunk

If McTom and Fred were the back up we’d be fine.

The back up got schooled by Leicester on Tuesday.

£#%&! Matic and Mata off and sign 2 proper midfielders ffs.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

If it’s only two this off season, we need another CB so badly. Midfielder and Centre Back are more important than Sancho imo.

Bailly is £#%&!ing useless, and we can’t rely on Maguire playing every minute of a season.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:26 AM
jem

Quote:

£#%&! fred off, sign two midfielders and play them both with matic.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
£#%&! fred off, sign two midfielders and play them both with matic.
You’re a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 14-05-2021, 07:51 AM
jem

Quote:
You’re a £#%&!ing idiot.
matic suffers from being asked to do too much against midfields with more players. he's the best midfielder we have. he has been man-of-the-match most times he's played recently, despite the lack of support. fred is a £#%&!ing joke. matic is not the future, clearly. but, if you don't rate him, it is you that is the idiot.

Unread 14-05-2021, 07:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Neither of very good, but both have their uses when they’re playing their best. Neither are doing so right now so they’re an utter waste of space.

You could justify their inclusion if they’re doing the dirty work and protecting the defence. They aren’t.

If we’re going to be wide open, we might as well stick Matic and Pogba in there and allow Rashford left and Greenwood right.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Whip Hubley

The Scottish Player is fine.

Fred on the other hand is a disgusting mess of a footballer. Why can't matic play there if he's fit? I'd rather have a rolls royce that's done 200k miles than a reliant robin that's done 50k

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Parlabane

They both need to be used as squad players / coming off the bench as and when the situation means they can be useful.

At the moment the game bypasses our midfield to easily we are either full out attack or in a blind panic trying to defend.

We need two quality midfielders who can a) take some pressure of the defence ( those idiots don't help themselves either but that's a different story ) and b) give us more control / patience when we have the ball and are attacking - at the moment everything is at 100 mph and out of control - sometimes when it comes off it is amazing to watch, but all too often its too rushed and breaks down too easily.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Fred on the other hand is a disgusting mess of a footballer. Why can't matic play there if he's fit? I'd rather have a rolls royce that's done 200k miles than a reliant robin that's done 50k
The Scottish Player has the potential to improve, but his passing is far too consistently poor to he picked every week in midfield.

Fred is more consistent, but painfully limited. It just smacks of an area where we could get a better version. If you’re an opponent, you’d be identifying him as a weak point.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:11 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Agreed on the top bit but did you see Matic last night? He’s finished. Not sure he was ever a rolls Royce either mind

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
matic suffers from being asked to do too much against midfields with more players. he's the best midfielder we have. he has been man-of-the-match most times he's played recently, despite the lack of support. fred is a £#%&!ing joke. matic is not the future, clearly. but, if you don't rate him, it is you that is the idiot.
He’s been direct at fault for 3 goals this week, 3. He’s past it. To suggest playing him next season is idiotic.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Agreed on the top bit but did you see Matic last night? He’s finished. Not sure he was ever a rolls Royce either mind
There are few things in life that make me ill more than agreeing with Jem, but he's right with regards to matic - he's usually asked to do the job of both Fred and The Scottish Player. Given just how bad Fred is, it makes far more sense to me to play matic with mctom until we can get an upgrade on all of the bastards.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:16 AM
Sandman

They're stopgap players at best. Unfortunately, that's the only type of midfielder we've had for a long time, and we'll no doubt ignore it again this summer.

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
They're stopgap players at best. Unfortunately, that's the only type of midfielder we've had for a long time, and we'll no doubt ignore it again this summer.
I'm afraid of this happening, he plays them week in week out, home against Burnley, away in Europe...

It's a tactic that can be used, but rely on it week in week out...

Nah, everytime I see Fred post his £#%&!ing match strip half an hour before the game .. .

I like Scott, but every week ?

Unread 14-05-2021, 08:26 AM
waynes ear's

Garbage. Both need replacing. The Scottish Player is a squad player at best, Fred can climb in the ship canal
Closed Thread