United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Switching Off

Default City taking PL to court to stop investigation

They are always in bloody court, trying to stop bloody investigations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/s....co/sufNkriFvU

Unread 04-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
They are always in bloody court, trying to stop bloody investigations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/s....co/sufNkriFvU
and they'll win, because they have the best lawyers

Unread 04-05-2021, 03:54 PM
ScarFace

man citys owners have been inspirational

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:08 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
City is challenging the Premier League in Britain’s civil courts, where hearings have been held behind closed doors, and where publication of material related to the case has been kept confidential despite intense public interest in the case. It is not known what action the Premier League would take if it found City to have breached its rules. Penalties in its rule book include points deductions and fines.
1/ Really? No one's that bothered are they?

2/ I wouldn't want to win the league that way, but bloody hell the piss it would boil

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
1/ Really? No one's that bothered are they?

2/ I wouldn't want to win the league that way, but bloody hell the piss it would boil
they'd deduct just enough points to ensure they still finished top

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:16 PM
dunk

Absolute @#%&!s.

Had one blue #@&%! with the temerity to tell me they've done nothing wrong and it's all in our heads/a witch hunt of which they've been proven innocent by the courts just last week

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:20 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
they'd deduct just enough points to ensure they still finished top
No doubt.

Or deduct just enough points from us for the protest to put us behind them again

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolute @#%&!s.

Had one blue #@&%! with the temerity to tell me they've done nothing wrong and it's all in our heads/a witch hunt of which they've been proven innocent by the courts just last week

They all have a well rehearsed script they stick to when this comes up.

They are cheating, we know it and they know it, and eventually it will bring them down

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:41 PM
JamesPolk

Last time an innoncent man went to courts to stop the investigations into him was Donald J. Trump.

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:42 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Last time an innoncent man went to courts to stop the investigations into him was Donald J. Trump.
That was the last time?

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:57 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

They are cheating, we know it and they know it, and eventually it will bring them down
That was obvious for everyone to see we should all thank the football leaks and Der Speigel for providing the evidence against them.

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:08 PM
no fun

if they've nothing to hide why not go to court and prove it?

hark did when the dog/child/cellar incident came to light...admittedly the jury got it wrong but the truth will come out one day

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

As with "our" Tory government, any chance it could happen in my lifetime?

Unread 04-05-2021, 11:49 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
That was the last time?
I have no idea but Trump was the most obvious similar case I could think off, as Trump has turned to various courts to block investigations into his buisnesses and tax returns, which has made many belive that Trump got something serious to hide in there. But I don't want go deep into Trump tax returns as I don't think this is the forum or the place for such discussion. But I will only say that an innocent man doesn't go on lengths and lengths to hide his tax returns form proper scrunity. Thats the similarites that I see with Man city and their owners over the FFP. They have gone on extordinary lengths of hiding how they plunged all that money into man city, if they were not guilty of the alegations (as first published by der speigel) then why do they then feel the need of going to a public court to block EPL is investigation.

Unread 05-05-2021, 10:58 AM
redhegemony

without

Unread 05-05-2021, 11:00 AM
dunk

The various football bodies should just expel them if they're not following the long implemented rules. They won't though, as the legal power the money these @#%&!s have buys them makes them untouchable.

Football is basically £#%&!ed until someone nukes the middle east.

Unread 05-05-2021, 12:14 PM
believe

Quote:
The various football bodies should just expel them if they're not following the long implemented rules. They won't though, as the legal power the money these @#%&!s have buys them makes them untouchable.

cheers pal

Unread 05-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

without
No nuclear explosions without volcanoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
cheers pal
we all appreciate your sacrifice

Unread 05-05-2021, 12:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
cheers pal
I'd expect us to give you the heads up first tbf.

Unread 05-05-2021, 12:59 PM
utd99

Quote:

At these valuations and expenses there are fewer and fewer people in the world who can own football clubs, and virtually none of them are not @#%&!s, they’re just @#%&!s of a different colour.
Closed Thread