United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:00 AM
Vedder

I can’t help but like scousers tbh, if the topic of football doesn’t come up I bet they’re sound as £#%&!

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I can’t help but like scousers tbh, if the topic of football doesn’t come up I bet they’re sound as £#%&!
Things that annoy me about scousers:
1) they legit think they’re special
2) they’ll never listen to the Beatles, but you bet your life they’ll go on and on about them should the need arise
3) cilla black
4) thieves
5) phlegm

I feel like I could go on and on and on tbh

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:13 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Depends on where they are....

They're like Mancunians in their own way...

If they're one to one, and you're having a beer or whatever, they're cool..

Stick them in an environment where they have an opportunity or there is a necessity to show off where they are from and they become different beasts... i was once on a plane with a good few of them.... they went in to full professional scouser mode, it was like being on the Mersey ferry... same goes for Mancunians.... it's toe curling.

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:24 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Depends on where they are....

They're like Mancunians in their own way...

If they're one to one, and you're having a beer or whatever, they're cool..

Stick them in an environment where they have an opportunity or there is a necessity to show off where they are from and they become different beasts... i was once on a plane with a good few of them.... they went in to full professional scouser mode, it was like being on the Mersey ferry... same goes for Mancunians.... it's toe curling.
Yep. Never had any issue with individual scousers. Good people on the whole. Lives there a year. Hated the city but liked the people. Best to avoid topics like football with them though.

Think they’re special? New to mancunians?

Unread 07-04-2021, 10:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:12 AM
doudou

(didn't know where else to put this)
Elmo Salah looks kinda sad as Liver Pool get handed the L in game one of their two-game series against Real Salt Lake Madrid in the San Diego Burnerbowl parking lot...

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
(didn't know where else to put this)
Elmo Salah looks kinda sad as Liver Pool get handed the L in game one of their two-game series against Real Salt Lake Madrid in the San Diego Burnerbowl parking lot...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNVyF16H...d=b1hahpijb8uy
Deserves its own thread that place

usa_soccer_guy Humongous Sam has gotten up off of his super-sized ass, dusted off his soccer coaching manuals and got himself down to the Hall of Thorns to go coach some soccer to the Wes Brown Albinos.

The EPL League Freshmen have kinda sucked at soccer so far this semester, and need to get their asses out of the disaster sector if they wanna go beat getting relagized and make it through to their sophomore year.

The Albinos made a 1 to 1 tie at the Man City Franchise Club during the sundown soccer on Tuesday, but still decided to go fire Coach Bill Itch.

Unread 07-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep. Never had any issue with individual scousers. Good people on the whole. Lives there a year. Hated the city but liked the people. Best to avoid topics like football with them though.

Think they’re special? New to mancunians?
I think that’s the case with most places. It’s a human condition: people thinking that basics human attributes are unique to them.

Oh that’s just our humour .... scousers are very loyal etc ....

Local pride is more prevalent than national pride, in my experience.

I lived in Sheffield for seven years. Same there. Professional Yorkshireman with an unwarranted sense of ‘wisdom’ who start sentences with ‘nah then...’ everywhere. Inverted snobbery all over the place too.

There was flooding one year. There was a feature on the news where people were falling into canals and stuff and passers by were helping them out.

Local Newsreader: “see that’s the Yorkshire community spirit there. You wouldn’t get that anywhere else”

Yeah love, most places would just let people float away

Unread 07-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

There was flooding one year. There was a feature on the news where people were falling into canals and stuff and passers by were helping them out.

Local Newsreader: “see that’s the Yorkshire community spirit there. You wouldn’t get that anywhere else”

I would tbf.

Unread 07-04-2021, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I would tbf.
I didn’t know you had kids!?

Unread 07-04-2021, 12:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I think that’s the case with most places. It’s a human condition: people thinking that basics human attributes are unique to them.

Oh that’s just our humour .... scousers are very loyal etc ....

Local pride is more prevalent than national pride, in my experience.

I lived in Sheffield for seven years. Same there. Professional Yorkshireman with an unwarranted sense of ‘wisdom’ who start sentences with ‘nah then...’ everywhere. Inverted snobbery all over the place too.

I don't think i've ever come across a set of people who were more in love with where they were from than people from Yorkshire. £#%&!ing boorish @#%&!s constantly banging on about where they're from like anyone gives a flying £#%&!.

'Oh stuff's cheaper where you're from is it? Great. Wow.'
'oh a pint is how much? My god, tell me again about these mythical cheap pints.'
'what's that? you've got a farm that you inherited from someone? wow i wish had the foresight to sponge of my relatives.'
'And i see you all love dropping the p**i word still in 2021. Brilliant. Where can i pick up a brochure to come visit'.

Unread 07-04-2021, 01:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think i've ever come across a set of people who were more in love with where they were from than people from Yorkshire. £#%&!ing boorish @#%&!s constantly banging on about where they're from like anyone gives a flying £#%&!.

'oh a pint is how much? My god, tell me again about these mythical cheap pints.'
'what's that? you've got a farm that you inherited from someone? wow i wish had the foresight to sponge of my relatives.'
'And i see you all love dropping the p**i word still in 2021. Brilliant. Where can i pick up a brochure to come visit'.
Sounds about right.

Should probably start an Owl/Blades Nuggets thread.

Unread 07-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Vida_15

bloody hell you'd think everyone of these scousers that broadcast online should be the next great scouse manager....un£#%&!ingbelievable how thick these @#%&!s are

Unread 07-04-2021, 02:28 PM
Reg Holdsworth

Quote:
I don't think i've ever come across a set of people who were more in love with where they were from than people from Yorkshire. f***ing boorish c***s constantly banging on about where they're from like anyone gives a flying f***.

The only set of people that chant their county name on a booze up when in each other's presence. A truly odd bunch.

Unread 07-04-2021, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I don't think i've ever come across a set of people who were more in love with where they were from than people from Yorkshire.
And this is a cockney talking

Unread 08-04-2021, 09:09 AM
utd99

Unread 11-04-2021, 10:53 AM
djsst

Unread 11-04-2021, 01:53 PM
utd99

Raising the number of football pundits from 15 to 6.2 billion was never going to end well for quality.

Unread 11-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Glad he told me he’s not achieved as much as Beckham or I’d have been really on the fence.

Unread 11-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Glad he told me he’s not achieved as much as Beckham or I’d have been really on the fence.

why do some people make such £#%&!ing stupid comparisons. We all watched beckham play for 15 years ffs.
Closed Thread