United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
3 wins out of the last 9 in the league.
no one is in "form" right now other than City.....everyone else is having mixed results

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
why exactly do you want to be proved to be right???? just so united fails?
He didn't say he wants to be right.

You added that to his mouth. He says he will be proved right. Doesn't mean he enjoys it or hopes to be proved right.

No real United fan wants Ole to fail. If they don't rate him then that's fair. People are entitled to their opinions. This isn't rawk ffs.

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Vida_15

Quote:

You added that to his mouth. He says he will be proved right. Doesn't mean he enjoys it or hopes to be proved right.

No real United fan wants Ole to fail. If they don't rate him then that's fair. People are entitled to their opinions. This isn't rawk ffs.
never said he wanted to be right....ffs are you thick? i said he wanted to be proven right which is exactly what he said

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:17 PM
NedKelly

Vid the Div

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:31 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Nothing odd about my post, I said from the start he is out of his depth at United and I will be proved right.
Were LVG and Mou “out of their depth” here? Your assertion that we play mostly turgid football is demonstrably incorrect. You’d have to be a %@#$&! of Tronics proportions to think that

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Tronics

once Ole leaves United the market will prove how out of his depth he was at united, i’ll be shocked if he gets another premier league job

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:44 PM
Chris Quayd

This message is hidden because Tronics is on your ignore list.

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
once Ole leaves United the market will prove how out of his depth he was at united, i’ll be shocked if he gets another premier league job

£#%&! off Jose.

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

yep because no other club would like to be in our position :£#%&!er:

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:37 PM
utd99

Quote:

This post is not realistic. The more extreme the opinion the more the ego desires to be proven right. Like you, for example, cite every stat and jump on every circumstance that might justify and confirm your view.

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:44 PM
saffers

I respect you greatly and consider you one of the more worthwhile voices of this great forum but come on man. The idea that Ole is out of his depth as United manager is not an extreme position. I don't want to disrespect you. Maybe it is fair to think of it as a wrong opinion but an extreme one? This place must not turn into an echochamber ala rawk.

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I respect you greatly and consider you one of the more worthwhile voices of this great forum but come on man. The idea that Ole is out of his depth as United manager is not an extreme position. I don't want to disrespect you. Maybe it is fair to think of it as a wrong opinion but an extreme one? This place must not turn into an echochamber ala rawk.
The ultimate barometer of progress is league position and Ole’s results are better than Lvg and Mou’s so what does “out of his depth” refer to?

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:56 PM
puressence

Quote:
4 losses since January 2020.

Quote:
Unbeaten in last 20 league away games new club record. Never been bettered

Unread 02-03-2021, 06:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
But that’s why we’re talking, not slagging. Clearly that post was mostly referencing the more extreme post ahead of yours that you defended, and how many examples have we seen over the years of posters staking out early opinions of players and managers, then defending them to the death despite evidence to the contrary?

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The ultimate barometer of progress is league position and Ole’s results are better than Lvg and Mou’s so what does “out of his depth” refer to?
I think our league position hides a lot of our problems. Points wise we may finish once again on 66 pts which is the same as the previous two finishes under Ole. LvG and Mou were also out of their depth in the end. What all three have in common are that they've been let down by.

But Ole does not appear to have any strategy for how we play football over two years into the job. It's very random and it is reflected in our results and the lack of improvement in our players. People are loving Luke Shaw this season, they say look at what Ole did. Seem to recall Shaw playing a lot of games middle of 2017/18 for Mou and looking back to his best. This guy has been here for 7 years in the summer and never had any consistency. Even turn back a few months this season, look at what United fans were saying about him after the 6-1.

I feel very downhearted about it all. Personally I don't think we can a trophy with Ole. Every single big game, big stakes moments - we have failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
But that’s why we’re talking, not slagging. Clearly that post was mostly referencing the more extreme post ahead of yours that you defended, and how many examples have we seen over the years of posters staking out early opinions of players and managers, then defending them to the death despite evidence to the contrary?
I don't think his post is extreme either, to be fair it has to be taken into account the hostility he received. But i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not one of those types you describe.

What's more embarrassing than being proven wrong about Ole knowing his shit? Wishing him to fail just to look like you were right about it. This guy has been one of the more likeable United legends. What would be better than to succeed with him?

Would feel much better than the trophies we won under Mou who was just a hired gun. This guy genuinely loves United and no real United fan would root against him. But it has been long enough now in my eyes, i've seen enough. Hope he turns it around!

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Vida_15

i just don't see how anyone can say he's out of his depth when he's taken the second most points in the league since the return to play in June behind Manchester City...

now...if you want to slag him off because we lost 3 semifinals then maybe you should qualify that more as inexperienced, the squad is inexperienced and young but that doesn't make him out of his depth

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Tuco

Quote:
why exactly do you want to be proved to be right???? just so united fails?
Absolutely not, I just think the World's biggest football club needs a Top manager not some rookie learning his trade. Simple.

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Absolutely not, I just think the World's biggest football club needs a Top manager not some rookie learning his trade. Simple.
there are only a few "top" managers and they are already at clubs and the ownership wanted someone with United DNA

hell we had a top manager in Jose and LVG....£#%&!ing nightmare that was

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
i just don't see how anyone can say he's out of his depth when he's taken the second most points in the league since the return to play in June behind Manchester City...

now...if you want to slag him off because we lost 3 semifinals then maybe you should qualify that more as inexperienced, the squad is inexperienced and young but that doesn't make him out of his depth
The league is shit, the points dont tell the entire story. Many games where we've ridden our luck.

We have never been convincing under Ole at any point. People rightly have doubts of a man who got relegated with Cardiff.

Unread 02-03-2021, 07:23 PM
Tuco

Quote:
there are only a few "top" managers and they are already at clubs and the ownership wanted someone with United DNA

hell we had a top manager in Jose and LVG....f***ing nightmare that was
Surely with our turnover we can get the best out there and pay the best wages.
Closed Thread