United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2021, 09:42 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Some cracking posts putting that £#%&!ing clown saffers right on the last page, vvg2c

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:22 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The reason no one’s taking you seriously - and to be clear, I still don’t think you actually believe what you’re peddling - is that your assertion of no improvement is clearly madness. Supporters actually want to watch again, actually looking forward to matches again, finally able to get behind a team we can identify with again. After six years of misery, we can finally see a way forward again.

The points tally is improving; the league position is improving. Yeah, we’re not properly competing yet, and there’s much about this team that’s lacking, but Ole didn’t start out from square 1, he started out from square minus 20, because that’s what it took to lance the boil and drain the poison this club had become - much if it down to the infection Mourinho has become.
No one taking me seriously? There's quite a few agreeing but who just don't wanna get shouted down by the majority who are the dreamers who just want this to work so badly they don't see the reality. Weird that you think i'm not being serious.

There has been no improvement. You watch that first half v Newcastle, tell me what is the improvement since he took over? There is no sense of plan and that is why we get caught out again and again in games where things are on the line. It is why we haven't won a game against top 6 opposition in the league and only scored once (Brunos penalty v Spurs).

I need you guys to substantiate these claims of improvement. Where can it be seen? In the statistics? On the pitch? The general view of the fans? I think Ole has been lucky there hasn't been any fans at Old Trafford this season considering our record there. There would probably be much more ill feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Difference is, Ole is second with an upwards points trajectory while Mou was 6th and we were going down the toilet.
So far we have two 66 pts finishes. Currently on course for 72 pts, even less if we do not deliver today vs Chelsea. Now since most of the others are having shocking seasons we might still get CL football.

But you have to question where we are as a club now if mediocre performances for three seasons are ignored as long as you get CL football. I don't see a way out of this mess with Solskjær as a coach. What does he bring to the table? Why am I wrong to take such a pessimistic position on this? None of you have answered this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Some cracking posts putting that £#%&!ing clown saffers right on the last page, vvg2c
Like Creamers said, let's hope i'm wrong. No need for abuse.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
No one taking me seriously? There's quite a few agreeing but who just don't wanna get shouted down by the majority who are the dreamers who just want this to work so badly they don't see the reality. Weird that you think i'm not being serious.

There has been no improvement. You watch that first half v Newcastle, tell me what is the improvement since he took over? There is no sense of plan and that is why we get caught out again and again in games where things are on the line. It is why we haven't won a game against top 6 opposition in the league and only scored once (Brunos penalty v Spurs).

I need you guys to substantiate these claims of improvement. Where can it be seen? In the statistics? On the pitch? The general view of the fans? I think Ole has been lucky there hasn't been any fans at Old Trafford this season considering our record there. There would probably be much more ill feeling.

So far we have two 66 pts finishes. Currently on course for 72 pts, even less if we do not deliver today vs Chelsea. Now since most of the others are having shocking seasons we might still get CL football.

But you have to question where we are as a club now if mediocre performances for three seasons are ignored as long as you get CL football. I don't see a way out of this mess with Solskjær as a coach. What does he bring to the table? Why am I wrong to take such a pessimistic position on this? None of you have answered this.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:47 AM
MUFC One Love

United are 2nd in the league.

The way some go on you would think we are 6th.

Still in the Europa and FA Cup too.

Seems other managers who are below United and not in 2 cups still get more praise off certain individuals.

Of course we could be out of both cups and 4th in a few weeks but that can happen and then maybe Ole might get some warranted stick. The main thing is has got us on the right path and i think he can keep us on it. It's easy to forget how bad we have been at times under other managers.

Unread 28-02-2021, 09:06 AM
saffers

We're not far off 6th tho muffers.

People keep saying improvement. What is this mythical improvement?

He was given £130m to spend on two defenders and we have the most goals conceded out of any team in the top half. That's despite playing shithouse counter football most of the time.

Crashed out of the champions league in the group stages which has been airbrushed from history very quickly. We just needed one point from our last two games but once again when it mattered under Ole couldn't hack it.

Our current form since going top before Liverpool away is 3 wins out of our last 8 league games. It is a testament to how badly the others are doing that we still remain 2nd. Next three are Chelsea away, Palace away and City at OT. Surely it won't be 3 wins out of 11. There's a great chance we remain second even after those games but is it enough?

To those who claim improvement under Ole. How long should be in stay in the job, what does he need to do? Is it really enough to just keep getting top 4 due to rival teams being poor. Isn't it then smart to demand more from ourselves. I don't think this is a great City team but they have wind in their sails due to seeing how little competition there is. When 2nd place is Ole's United who haven't won a single game vs top 6 then they will rightly feel confident that the title is theirs. Then you play with less pressure and can keep winning games you don't deserve to like yesterday vs West Ham.

Unread 28-02-2021, 09:11 AM
puressence

Quote:

People keep saying improvement. What is this mythical improvement?

He was given £130m to spend on two defenders and we have the most goals conceded out of any team in the top half. That's despite playing shithouse counter football most of the time.

Crashed out of the champions league in the group stages which has been airbrushed from history very quickly. We just needed one point from our last two games but once again when it mattered under Ole couldn't hack it.

Our current form since going top before Liverpool away is 3 wins out of our last 8 league games. It is a testament to how badly the others are doing that we still remain 2nd. Next three are Chelsea away, Palace away and City at OT. Surely it won't be 3 wins out of 11. There's a great chance we remain second even after those games but is it enough?

To those who claim improvement under Ole. How long should be in stay in the job, what does he need to do? Is it really enough to just keep getting top 4 due to rival teams being poor. Isn't it then smart to demand more from ourselves. I don't think this is a great City team but they have wind in their sails due to seeing how little competition there is. When 2nd place is Ole's United who haven't won a single game vs top 6 then they will rightly feel confident that the title is theirs. Then you play with less pressure and can keep winning games you don't deserve to like yesterday vs West Ham.
are we currently 2nd or 6th you #@&%! .. its pathetic really is

Unread 28-02-2021, 10:22 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

People keep saying improvement. What is this mythical improvement?.
I'm sorry but that is completely %@#$&!s. You can make that argument at any time. Just like if we did fall to 6th you could say we are only a few points off the top 3 or whatever. Which we would be. That's football. You are where you are in the table and that's that. If you have games in hand fair enough its not a fair positioning but most teams have played the same games now other than Villa?

As for the improvement things have improved on the pitch but also he has improved how the club was going about things. People like you think we can sign anybody just because of their name or how they are rated, we did that and look at the mess we ended up in. Most with the wrong character for United. I'm not just talking about the big names either who haven't worked out, even the players we bought who ended up being squad players who were happy with the big wages and couldn't deliver regularly on the pitch.

Whatever you say about Maguire, Wan-Bissaka etc they have more about them than signings of recent years. There is still work to be done but Ole has pretty much got rid of all the shite now and is getting a squad of players who want to play for United and have the balls for it.

No doubt you're a big Martial fan, who won't last much longer. Which says it all about who you rate and the stick you give Ole.

Unread 28-02-2021, 10:25 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
No doubt you're a big Martial fan, who won't last much longer. Which says it all about who you rate and the stick you give Ole.
It is possible to love dear Tony and also be 100% behind Ole. Just saying.

Unread 28-02-2021, 11:45 AM
puressence

tony is going down the same route at jesse .. and they cant then say theyve not been given ample opportunities , id argue the only ones who could would be felly and smalling under ole

Unread 28-02-2021, 11:47 AM
20LEgend1999

What a surprise that a massive Mourinho fan is concerned about our defensive numbers, yet dismisses us having the most goals out of any team in the league as "shithouse counter football".

Unread 28-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

If you can’t see progress from where we were as a club From LVG both on and off the pitch there is no hope for you. Nobody is saying we are the best but we are clearly on course towards positive things. The team is far from complete , you keep banging on about the money he spent , Chelsea spent 300 million more and are 5th . The defence clearly needs another CB and a CM to help . You claim he has spent money yet he is second to the team who has had 800 mill spent on it.

If you want to talk money , based on what he has spent he is exactly where he should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
What a surprise that a massive Mourinho fan is concerned about our defensive numbers, yet dismisses us having the most goals out of any team in the league as "shithouse counter football".
Didn’t know he was a Jose fan. you can end the discussion here

Unread 02-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
If you can’t see progress from where we were as a club From LVG both on and off the pitch there is no hope for you. Nobody is saying we are the best but we are clearly on course towards positive things. The team is far from complete , you keep banging on about the money he spent , Chelsea spent 300 million more and are 5th . The defence clearly needs another CB and a CM to help . You claim he has spent money yet he is second to the team who has had 800 mill spent on it.

If you want to talk money , based on what he has spent he is exactly where he should be.

Didn’t know he was a Jose fan. you can end the discussion here
Still think the progress as you call it is a fallacy. We play turgid boring football most of the time. We shit the bed way too often against quality.
Bruno has pulled us over the line too many times and is now looking very burnt out.

Imagine the uproar on here if the last two games had been under Jose or LVG?
Ole has spent £130 million on our defence and now has to play 2 very average defensive midfielders to protect them, and we have still conceded far too many stupid goals.
Emperors new clothes I am afraid.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Still think the progress as you call it is a fallacy. We play turgid boring football most of the time. We shit the bed way too often against quality.
Bruno has pulled us over the line too many times and is now looking very burnt out.

Imagine the uproar on here if the last two games had been under Jose or LVG?
Ole has spent £130 million on our defence and now has to play 2 very average defensive midfielders to protect them, and we have still conceded far too many stupid goals.
Emperors new clothes I am afraid.
No we don't

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:12 PM
20LEgend1999

"Bruno has pulled us over the line too many times and is now looking very burnt out."

Scored in 4 of our last 5 league games. 7 goals and 3 assists in our last 10.

Interesting how people claiming to be United fans only need Bruno to go three halves of football without scoring for them to suggest he's "burnt out".

Wonder why they end up getting called wums and put on ignore lists.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
No we don't
The whole post is odd. The bit about the last two games for example, a draw away at Chelsea and a nothing game against Sociedad where players were rested and we ended the game with half the team being made up by academy players.

I don't think there would be any uproar

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:25 PM
20LEgend1999

Uproar if we'd have drawn 0-0 in a second leg that we went into 4-0 up

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
No we don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
"Bruno has pulled us over the line too many times and is now looking very burnt out."

Scored in 4 of our last 5 league games. 7 goals and 3 assists in our last 10.

Interesting how people claiming to be United fans only need Bruno to go three halves of football without scoring for them to suggest he's "burnt out".

Wonder why they end up getting called wums and put on ignore lists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
The whole post is odd. The bit about the last two games for example, a draw away at Chelsea and a nothing game against Sociedad where players were rested and we ended the game with half the team being made up by academy players.

I don't think there would be any uproar
Nothing odd about my post, I said from the start he is out of his depth at United and I will be proved right.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:59 PM
saffers

3 wins out of the last 9 in the league.

Unread 02-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Nothing odd about my post, I said from the start he is out of his depth at United and I will be proved right.
why exactly do you want to be proved to be right???? just so united fails?

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:01 PM
NedKelly

What I find odd is when we go on our good runs of form (something that’s becoming a bit more frequent now), these posters tend to pipe down. They’ll never post so much as when they think we are on a downward trajectory (despite us currently being 2nd in the league, and very likely to surpass our points total from last year). It’s just really weird behaviour. Grown men etc.
Closed Thread