Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2021, 02:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This.

Men lie, women lie, numbers never lie

https://fbref.com/en/players/1f44ac21/Erling-Haaland

But hey, we really showed Raiola whos boss huh. We're also gonna lose one of the best midfielders in the world for peanuts this summer just cos we showed Raiola whos boss.

Unread 23-02-2021, 02:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Can't take serious anyone who wouldn't pay whatever it takes to bring him to Old Trafford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This.

Unread 23-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Pop

Red suits him

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Quote:
Why are you getting so wound up?

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:25 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I was finding you amusing. I’m sorry you’ve taken that as an act of aggression.

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
I was finding you amusing. I’m sorry you’ve taken that as an act of aggression.
You've been very aggressive against the idea of Haaland in this thread pal, thought it was more of the same.

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Vida_15

still don't get why anyone would be opposed to Haaland coming to United just based on sheer talent

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You've been very aggressive against the idea of Haaland in this thread pal, thought it was more of the same.
Not at all, you and Waffles just remind me a lot of Neil and Jay from a little known UK sitcom called the Inbetweeners. Top bants.

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Red suits him
evra will not be happy.

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:45 PM
sweetleftfoot

I'm fairly sure Haland will do well wherever he or Raiola choose he should sign in the the summer, I just don't think we are in the marketplace for the kind of fees needed. Can you honestly see Joel Glazer ok-ing £100m+ this summer?

Unread 23-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Vida_15

don't think he'll go for anywhere near the 100m this summer that it would have cost us last summer

Unread 23-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
still don't get why anyone would be opposed to Haaland coming to United just based on sheer talent
Because the signing wouldn't be made on sheer talent alone. He is like a the hottest woman in a club, but she's got an std, cant be totally sure how bad the std is but she definitely has one, do you really wanna take the chance?

Unread 23-02-2021, 04:48 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Because the signing wouldn't be made on sheer talent alone. He is like a the hottest woman in a club, but she's got an std, cant be totally sure how bad the std is but she definitely has one, do you really wanna take the chance?
based on how he's played at Dortmund and how little headache he's caused, i'd say it would be a gamble worth taking based on performances alone

Unread 23-02-2021, 04:55 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Not at all, you and Waffles just remind me a lot of Neil and Jay from a little known UK sitcom called the Inbetweeners. Top bants.
Happy to be either of them.

Unread 23-02-2021, 05:06 PM
Sparky***

It's quite clear his career is being steered by Raiola with the entire point being getting him moves at the right time to make the most money.

We wanted him from Salzburg but that would have been for relatively modest money and the odds of him moving again quickly for big money would be considerably less at United.

So Raiola ensures that Haaland goes to Dortmund, with the understanding that "hey kid this is just stepping stone, in a couple of years we can move you on for the best part of 100 million to a bigger club"

What fatty didn't plan on was the pandemic completely £#%&!ing football up. Now what's he gonna do? Haaland will still probably want his move, but now there's no record busting transfer fee with 40% agents fees on the horizon.

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
He could get his big move, sign a five year contract, then just easily sack Raiola. He's not hostage to his agent. And I think from his early career he doesn't strike as a footballer who wants to become a brand. For starters he's a bit too ugly to pull that off...

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:10 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Red suits him

Captain of our 'Special XI'.

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:15 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's quite clear his career is being steered by Raiola with the entire point being getting him moves at the right time to make the most money.

We wanted him from Salzburg but that would have been for relatively modest money and the odds of him moving again quickly for big money would be considerably less at United.

So Raiola ensures that Haaland goes to Dortmund, with the understanding that "hey kid this is just stepping stone, in a couple of years we can move you on for the best part of 100 million to a bigger club"

What fatty didn't plan on was the pandemic completely f***ing football up. Now what's he gonna do? Haaland will still probably want his move, but now there's no record busting transfer fee with 40% agents fees on the horizon.
Man City , Chelsea and PSG all have money tucked away. City and PSG especially , they blatantly financially dope the game. Out of the big clubs we are the ones who have the least money. Tbh even if we had 120 mill to spend we don’t have the negotiation capabilities to do it. There’s a reason they buy one window and then not the next .

We need a CB and CM before a striker anyway. Can’t see haaland happening as much as I want it to happen.

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Man City , Chelsea and PSG all have money tucked away. City and PSG especially , they blatantly financially dope the game. Out of the big clubs we are the ones who have the least money. Tbh even if we had 120 mill to spend we don’t have the negotiation capabilities to do it. There’s a reason they buy one window and then not the next .

We need a CB and CM before a striker anyway. Can’t see haaland happening as much as I want it to happen.
This. Cavani will get an extra year, we'll get a centre back instead.

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:38 PM
dunk

We need midfielders. Actual, proper no £#%&!ing about, midfielders. The type that can, and actually enjoy, having possession of and passing progressively, a football.
Closed Thread