United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2021, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
bit cryptic but i meant leipzig's other french defender, konate.
Some stories to that effect , can never tell how true they are. Looked a beast against us in Germany though.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Bayern has confirmed it.

Ah well, Tyrone Mings it is

Unread 14-02-2021, 02:56 PM
AK14

£#%&! him

He looked shit against us.

Unread 16-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Vida_15

Manchester United are set to move on from missing out on Dayot Upamecano with a reported pursuit of Sevilla’s French star Jules Kounde.

The 22 year-old defender is reportedly top of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s wish list and could be set for a switch to Old Trafford this summer as United look to sort out their leaky defence, especially in the wake of recent results.

Kounde was favoured by Pep Guardiola who reportedly tried to tempt Sevilla with parting with him last Summer but Manchester City found their efforts rebuffed for the talented defender.

The Express notes: “That’s why Pep Guardiola came calling last summer, quite literally, but Sevilla wouldn’t sell.”

“When a club – who base their entire model around cashing in on their prized assets -decide not to sell up you know the player is special.”

“An offer from English football has arrived, we have assessed it and rejected it because, although it is more than double the investment we made 12 months ago, we consider it to be insufficient,” Monchi explained after Manchester City’s £45million offer was rebuffed.”

With Harry Maguire almost guaranteed not to be dropped due to being Solskjaer’s most expensive signing and the man he’s made club captain then it’s someone to partner the former Leicester man who’s now a priority.

It’s not just Jules Kounde who’s reportedly on United’s radar, with the Reds also being linked with RB Leipzig’s other French centre back Ibrahima Konate. Whether it’s Konate or Kounde who United decide to sign, there’s no doubt reinforcements are needed if Solskjaer is to have any chance of a real title challenge next season.

https://redflagflyinghigh.com/2021/0...e-back-target/

Unread 16-02-2021, 03:29 PM
dunk

City want him. Pep's trying to get his defence spending in line with the US Government.

Unread 16-02-2021, 03:46 PM
Vida_15

City wanted him but instead got Dias so i can't see them buying another defender this summer especially a CB

tbf...don't know much about Kounde

we should be going after Konate from Leipzig....good size at 6'4, fast, good on the ball

Unread 16-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Tronics

Top clubs with competent football people making the decisions get their business done nice and easy, no silly lowball offers like we did with Sancho

He’s a quality centre back who will know doubt improve them and he’s a great replacement for Alaba

Unread 16-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
City want him. Pep's trying to get his defence spending in line with the US Government.

Unread 16-02-2021, 04:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Now that’s funny.

Unread 17-02-2021, 12:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i thought we were after his partner?
Well given the performance the pair of them put on tonight I'd say we'd be better served looking elsewhere

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:25 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well given the performance the pair of them put on tonight I'd say we'd be better served looking elsewhere
I’ve never seen him have a good match. Even when they beat us he looked a bit ropey.

Unread 17-02-2021, 08:02 AM
puressence

Quote:
his partner was on the bench the one where linked with

Unread 17-02-2021, 04:47 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Upamecano wasn't at fault for either goal and Konate was on the bench because they went with a back 3

with the way liverpool play and leave the front 3 high up the pitch....it's never a good gamble to play 3 at the back against them

Unread 17-02-2021, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
Upamecano wasn't at fault for either goal and Konate was on the bench because they went with a back 3

with the way liverpool play and leave the front 3 high up the pitch....it's never a good gamble to play 3 at the back against them
But did the manager have nice trousers?

Unread 17-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Vida_15

hard to tell honestly as he was wearing a massive coat with fake fur on it

Unread 21-02-2021, 12:22 AM
Vida_15

this is the guy we should go after and i rate him more than upamecano...

Leipzig have already let centre-back Dayot Upamecano depart for Bayern Munich for his €42.5m release clause and now could be forced to allow his defensive partner follow.

Bild says that the 21-year-old Konate has a clause in his contract which could see him leave for €45m
Closed Thread