United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2020, 01:21 PM
Switching Off

https://www.reddit.com/r/Liverpool/c...m_source=share

Quote:
I work for Liverpool Football Club in a number of different roles, one of which is at the tour and museum centre.I thought you would all like to know the feeling on the ground., in the first lockdown anfield tour centre staff were given an average wage by the club after the failed attempt at a furlough claim due to the negative press, this was very helpful as about 60 members of casual staff lost their income and could have been destitute without.

What do I mean by casual staff? the majority are casual staff at tour and museum, zero hour direct employees of Liverpool some of whom work 4-5 times a week spanning many years at the club, casual only in name and rights but often full time in commitment. this suits many of us as we are retiree's but some of the younger men and women rely solely on the club for income.

This is not an attack on the club but feel this context is important for what is happening at the moment.

what has happened in the last few weeks has been far worse, the club have started sending the shifts out on a daily basis with most people not receiving any at all.the feeling at the club is that the place should be closed due to lack of visitor numbers thanks to lockdown/covid anxiety but the club don't want to do that as they will have to compensate the staff again, they are instead left in limbo. it is unfortunately much more viable to reduce the shifts of most to zero and leave them to walk alone whilst this all blows over.

Some members of staff have set up an in house charity where we can drop off food and money for other members of staff to come in and receive no questions asked, this is crazy at a club like Liverpool .Many long term employee's using charities and claiming Universal credit (we all know how long that takes to come in) does not tide well with YNWA,

I have attached a couple of screenshots from the in house whatsapp messaging group to give you a feel for the problem, names and numbers blurred.

I am making an account here under a pseudonym to protect my self.

edit: reposted as a username was visible
https://preview.redd.it/bwgrx13s4fv5...ebp&f 9dc93c8

https://preview.redd.it/oewjr43s4fv5...ebp&3 34bd887

Unread 26-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Stephen 68

"leave them to walk alone", the ultimate insult.

Unread 26-10-2020, 01:51 PM
The Stella Fella

“You ll never walk alone until we are Covid Champions and then you re on your own la”

Unread 26-10-2020, 07:59 PM
red in cumbria

Haven't they (LFC) been sounding off about the free school meals thing as well?

Unread 26-10-2020, 08:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Haven't they (LFC) been sounding off about the free school meals thing as well?
Is it that time again?

Unread 30-10-2020, 01:54 PM
The Stella Fella

Dick Van Dijk surgery carried out. Didn’t realise he was 29 yr old not an easy injury to return from especially at that age.

His CB replacement Fabinho has done his hamstring and could be out for a few weeks.

Injuries starting to affect this manic high pressure game they play perhaps?

Come on Moyesy get the Hammers up for it this weekend.

Unread 30-10-2020, 02:08 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Dick Van Dijk surgery carried out. Didn’t realise he was 29 yr old not an easy injury to return from especially at that age.

His CB replacement Fabinho has done his hamstring and could be out for a few weeks.

he is 30 in the summer. He is not coming back the player he was. £#%&! them and him.

Unread 30-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
he is 30 in the summer. He is not coming back the player he was. £#%&! them and him.
I hope his first game back is against Vardy.

Unread 30-10-2020, 03:13 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella

Antonio out for West Ham or I would have half fancied it.

Unread 30-10-2020, 03:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I hope his first game back is against Vardy.
Be even funnier if it was v Everton. Let’s see if he goes anywhere near Pickford.

Unread 04-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Description
In the summer of 1988 twenty-two year old John Bostock, better known as ?Boss?, returns to Liverpool from his travels with many tales to tell to friends Carl and Legger. Boss has spent four months in the U.S.A. courtesy of the ?Camp America? programme. He has gained great life experience. The greatest experience of all proves to be his encounter with Annie Haier, a young, Jewish American and fellow counsellor. The relationship begins as a friendship but develops into a deep and passionate love affair. The couple decide to plan their future together despite the natural barrier of the Atlantic Ocean. In April 1989 Boss and Legger attend the semi-final of the F.A. cup at Hillsborough. Like thousands of others they have a traumatic experience. Life is never the same again. Boss eventually suffers from P.T.S.D. and opts for counselling at the Hillsborough Centre in Liverpool. He meets fellow survivors who are racked with guilt and full of anger and begins the long climb back to happiness. In June 1990 Boss returns to the U.S.A. where it all began, to seek an emotional reunion with Annie, the love of his life.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/16655808..._sWWOFbVX7NFSQ

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:30 AM
n48

"shaking with rage"

Unread 05-11-2020, 09:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
That’s boss that, la

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:56 PM
ScarFace

The title sounds like a parody too. "A Life Beyond The Crush"

Unread 05-11-2020, 04:25 PM
Pop

Unread 19-11-2020, 09:13 AM
Switching Off

Unread 20-11-2020, 02:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Five skips, 287 pizzas and four lit dog turds.

Unread 01-12-2020, 03:47 PM
20LEgend1999

A thread on reddit by a Liverpool fan, called "A reconstruction of the BHA game offside call against Salah": https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._offside_call/

Quote:
I attempted to recreate the body position of Brighton player Ben White in the controversial offside call on Salah. This is in response to debate about whether it is possible for White's right foot to be across his body. This is by no means a definitive final answer on whether Salah was on side or not, although personally I believe he was on. The purpose here is merely to demonstrate that the VAR offside evaluation system could potentially create false positive rulings.

The model was created in MagicPoser app and then aligned with the VAR footage. This model can modified in multiple ways and yet still look the same from this high angle. For example, the torso can be tilted forward with minimal perceptible change.

What we can conclude is what we already know, that VAR in its current state is not equipped to make a precise measurement. In this situation VAR should advise the ref that it is too close to call.

As seen in the VAR review, the defender line was drawn to the right boot of the player. From this perspective it appears obvious that the right boot is closest to goal. At this moment the player is traveling diagonally across the field, mainly towards the side line, at a light trot.

Rotating the model to face the side line, we can see that the left arm and shoulder of the model are ahead by almost a foot. The left arm positioning is not clear due to the VAR image being blurred, therefore the model's arm has been tucked in close to the body. If the arm were posed out further, the offside line should be even closer to goal. The right leg was positioned as far across the body as felt natural for this pace.

Here is a side image to show positioning of the legs are natural for this pace of run.

What if the right foot was the closest part to goal?

The right leg of the model was then posed further across the body so as to put it in line with the left arm. Note how it looks more unnatural and exaggerated to achieve this.

Returning the camera angle to the matched angle, we can see the right leg no longer resembles the still image. This suggests that White's right leg was likely not across his body.

The purpose here isn't to complain about the refs. Brighton put on a good game and I respect the final score. I want to repeat that the purpose of the model is to demonstrate that there is significant room for doubt about the offside lines drawn with VAR. The system in its current state does not have the precision to rule out "clear and obvious" errors when players are this close.

Unread 01-12-2020, 03:50 PM
92ToBury

Prof moved on from spreadsheets at last?

Unread 01-12-2020, 03:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
A thread on reddit by a Liverpool fan, called "A reconstruction of the BHA game offside call against Salah": https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._offside_call/

Can we set up a Go Fund Me page for his poor wife?
Closed Thread